Chapter 22
All Grown Up

Years passed. Noa was now 44, Obi about to turn 50. Aiko had just turned 14 and was becoming a scientist just like his brother and sister before him. Tarita, now 19, was a Master Scientist, a fast rising star in the tribe and Ahi, at 23, had mastered science and carpentry. Tiki, about to turn 18, followed in her father's footsteps and was working hard to master farming. Obi enjoyed spending his days fishing with his youngest daughter and it brought back memories of meeting Noa.

Mua and Piku had birthed another beautiful little girl who was now 3 and they had named her Sun. Like their other children, Sun had inherited Mua's long dark hair but Sun was unique with a streak of silver running through the side. With their other children grown and working, Piku cherished his little girl and often took breaks to play with her.

Jem and Coen had also birthed another little girl shortly after Mua and Piku and had named her Sutai, often seen with a pretty purple flower in her grayish-blond hair. Sun and Sutai were instant friends.

And the tribe, now 16 strong, had made many advancements and progress. When Piku had finished cutting the thorny bushes years before they discovered a strange stone figure, what appeared to be large face with an open mouth, behind it. Although they had not yet figured out what it's purpose was, they knew it was important. Piku had also uncovered another metal piece in the process and they stored it with the first in the hut. A short while later, the carpenters managed to break open a crate that had washed ashore and found a third metal piece. The three pieces seemed to fit together, but still, what it was, and what it's purpose was, remained unknown.

While enjoying the pond one day, Noa looked at her husband, a tear in her eye. "I can't believe how quickly they grew up. They're amazing, aren't they?" Obi looked at her for a long moment and then, a tear suddenly falling down his cheek, kissed his wife.

"You're an amazing mother." He said. Noa smiled and hugged Obi.

"Do you miss having little ones? I mean, all four of them are so independent, so mature. Do you ever miss the chaos of little feet?" Obi nodded, still smiling. "What would you say to trying for one more?" Noa continued. Obi looked at her, and said "We're getting older, Noa, we don't have much time left to conceive. I would want as many children as we are capable."

Noa grinned at Obi, "I'm so happy to hear you say that!" Obi studied her face for a minute and then froze. He jumped up and turned to the camp "Kids!" he yelled, "Come here quick! Come congratulate your mother! She's pregnant again!" Every turned at the sound of Obi's voice and their four children came running at top speed. As they hugged and congratulated their parents Piku looked at Coen and Bibi and sighed "Well, let's start working on a hut then, we're going to need more room." Coen looked at Bibi and chuckled. "Yup," he said, "let's start working".