Thanks everyone, the tribe feels your love and they are doeing much better! The little ones were anxious for more story so I figured you all were as well!

Here's the next part.

Chapter 21
The Newest Carpenter

Ahi was now 14 and was most anxious to help Piku with the thorny bushes. For many years he watched Piku building the huts and was just fascinated. Obi and Noa proudly watched their oldest son after his once again traditional crab breakfast follow Piku over to the bushes and start cutting with all his might.

Obi put a strong arm around Noa's waist as they watched their son with pride. "Thank you" he said to her while he kissed her head.

"For what?" she chuckled looking up.

"For my sons, for my daughters and for ensuring I could cook my oldest son a crab breakfast for his 14th birthday. For being you." A tear snuck down his cheek. Noa smiled and kissed him. "You're welcome, my love."

Meanwhile, Mua had found a hole in the sand that looked like it had been there for days. She had never noticed it before and was curious. She reached in and found a whole store of nuts. "Wow, must have been the storage spot for an animal" she whispered to herself.

"Must have been" said Piku from behind her, startling her. She whipped around and found herself face to face with a spear.

"What are you doing?!" she shrieked. Piku laughed. "Relax, Mua. I was just preparing for an animal to jump out, I was getting ready to protect you. You really shouldn't just stick your hands into random holes. What if something bit you?"

"So you need to point a spear at me?" Mua asked, still shaking. Piku chuckled and put out his hand to help his wife up.

"What are those?" he asked her.

"I'm not sure, I think they might be food. I'm going to take some over to the research table. Could you pull the rest of them out for me? There's a lot in there."

"No problem, anything for you, you know that"

"And Piku?" Mua called as she started to walk away.

"Yes?"

"Put that spear away before hurt yourself." Piku shook his head, smiling, as he watched Mua walk away.

"That's some woman, I married."

After looking over the nuts, Mua and Noa figured out that the hard surface was a shell. Cracking a few open, they tasted the inside and moaned with pleasure.

"Oh, these are so good!" said Noa. "How many did you find?"

"A lot, I don't know exactly" replied Mua, her mouth full. "Let's go tell the others, they'll love them!"