This chapter is a tribute to all the fathers out there. Yes, I do know what we put you through!

Chapter 19
Triple Threat

Noa, Mua and Jem loved being pregnant together. They relaxed together, spoke excitedly and played around. All three pregnancies were going along perfectly.

"This pregnancy is so much tougher than the last one." Said Piku one day to Obi and Coen. Coen looked like he hadn't slept in days. Obi, as always, looked calm, collected and happy. "How do you do it Obi? How do you put up with it?" Obi laughed and walked back towards the fields. Piku glared at him.

"Doesn't he remember what it was like the first time Noa was pregnant?" Coen muttered.

"He was the same way the first time around. The only time he looked out of sorts during any of the pregnancies was during the deliveries. I wish I knew his secret".

"It's just not fair. I can't sleep at night because Jem is uncomfortable. I can't go and relax because her back hurts, or her feet are sore. And the worst thing is she's as sweet as always. She asks so nicely and then I can't say no! I just want some sleep..." he trailed off, exhausted.

"Any day now, Coen, just hang in there. It's better once they're born, really" Coen looked up at his friend but was just too tired to smile. He shuffled back to the research table and promptly dropped his head down, fast asleep. Piku chuckled and went back to work.

"What are you looking at Obi?" Noa asked of her husband one day when she found him staring into the lagoon. He looked at her then looked down again. "Obi? Is something down there?" and instead of answering, Obi dove into the lagoon and swam straight down. Within seconds, Noa lost sight of him.

"Obi? Obi!" she started to panic. She couldn't see him anywhere. A minute passed and he didn't surface. "Obi! Obi!" she hollered, completely frightened.

"What is it Noa?" came Coen who was nearby. "What's wrong?"

"It's Obi. He dove into the lagoon but it's been over a minute and I can't see him! I think something happened! Help him!!" she was crying now, sure she had just lost her husband. Coen froze for a second then started to kick off his shoes. Just as he meant to dive in, Obi's head popped to the surface. "Obi!" shrieked Noa. Obi coughed hard and Coen jumped in to help support him. He noticed something under Obi's arm. Helping his friend out of the pool, Noa jumped into Obi's arms, causing him to drop the object. "I thought I lost you." She cried. He hugged her reassuringly. "Don't ever do that again!" she yelled and punched his chest.

"Woah, Noa!" laughed Coen pulling her back. "Don't kill the man! Obi, what is that?"

Obi shrugged, "Saw it at the bottom" he said, catching his breath "years ago when I was hunting for sea stones for Noa's necklace. It was too deep but it looked important. Today, I felt like I could make it, so I went for it."

"You idiot!" screamed Noa, still restrained by Coen "I'm about to give birth any day and you thought you might just go for a swim and nearly kill yourself for a broken piece of metal! What would I do without you? What would our kids do?" and she broke Coen's grip and started pounding her husbands chest again. Obi smiled down at her, falling in love with her all over again and she continued to hit him. Coen started laughing and picked up the metal piece. Taking it to the research hut, he continued to laugh hearing Noa's fading shouts and knowing that through her fists, Obi was only smiling and not even flinching.

"COEN!!!!" he heard Jem yell from behind him. He dropped the piece of metal and ran to her. "Coen, it's time, it's time!"

"Girls?" Coen called, his voice getting higher as he said the word. "Girls? I need some help!" Noa forgot about her anger at Obi and started to run, or rather waddle, towards Jem and Coen. Obi broke into a full run and promptly picked up Jem to take her inside the hut.

"Mua, Bibi?" Noa called as she tried to run "It's time, Jem needs us." She slowed down when she didn't hear a response and turned to see Piku carrying Mua to their hut, Bibi running in their wake. "Oh no!" she said quietly. "Not both of them at the same time". Obi emerged from Jem's hut and looked at his wife. "Mua's in labor too. Bibi's with her." Obi's face fell a little and Jem screamed from the hut, followed by a strangled cry from Coen. "Quick, Obi, take me to Jem. She needs my help!" Obi ran over and lifted her with ease. He started to take her to Jem when he stopped suddenly and looked down. He looked at his wife and then at the pool of water at his feet. "Oh no" the two said together and he changed directions to take her to their own hut.

For hours upon hours, Bibi ran from hut to hut checking on each woman. "All three at once, seriously" she muttered as she ran, looking ragged. This time, the men were forced to help in the births as Bibi simply didn't have three sets of arms. "This is madness" she cried out as she left Mua's hut and ran to Jem's.

Not long after, a little tiny black haired girl was born to Piku and Mua. Bibi ran to check on Noa as Coen stepped out and yelled "It's a girl! I delivered my little girl!" and then he fainted.

"That boy has the stomach of an ogre I tell you. Faints over anything!" breathed Bibi and she rushed to help him up. She checked on Jem who was holding a beautiful brown haired girl that looked just like her mother.

Back at Noa and Obi's hut the two were admiring their second son who was the twin of his father, including the silver hair. "He's so handsome" smiled Noa "just like his father." Obi smiled, tears in his eyes. Noa broke down, "I'm so sorry I yelled at you. I was just so scared. I didn't mean to hit you" Obi stopped her by putting a finger to her lips. He kissed her and said, "I deserved it."