Chapter 18
The Family Grows

"Hey, check this out!" called Noa one day to the research table. Mua rushed over.

"What is it?"

"Look at these stones, I bet if we attach them to these strong vines, we could make some knives!"

"Hey, You're right! That could work! Come on, let's put these together!"

"Oy!" Mua and Noa turned to look and found Coen striding over to the fire, a black object in his hand. "Check this out!" The girls dropped their supplies off at the table and went to look.

"It's a cauldron! Coen, where did you find it?" shrieked Noa.

"By the firewood. I went to add some wood to the fire and it was just shining in the sun."

"Coen, you brilliant man, you. Do realize what this means? It will be so much easier to cook now! We can use the cauldron to cook. And I can make better medicine now! And soup! I can cook you all soup!" Noa continued, completely excited. "I know! I'll cook big batch of soup for your wedding! I have a few days to make enough, I can do it." And she rushed off to the lagoon to clean the pot.

"Gee, think she's excited?" asked Coen, stunned.

"Come on" laughed Mua "I need your help with something. It'll help Noa with the soup." and the two went off to finish the knives.

A few days later, Jem was a flutter with excitement. It was her wedding day and Piku was putting the finishing touches on the new hut while everyone else got ready for the ceremony and celebration. Noa was rushing to heat up all of her soup. Obi was gathering some coconuts. Bibi was setting up and Mua was helping Jem get ready. The tribe celebrated their third wedding.

"Noa, this soup is great!" said Piku during the celebration.

"Thanks, I learned from my mother" said Noa sensing her mother's pride in her heart.

A few weeks later, Obi, Piku and Coen found their wives acting strangely.

"What do you think is up with them?" asked Coen. "It's like they've gone crazy. They're giggling, they're distracted, and they're just plain weird right now!"

"I have no idea." Said Piku, just as confused as his friend. "Obi, any ideas?" Obi smiled, crossed his arms and looked at the other two. "What?" said Piku. Obi smiled wider, threw up his arms to say 'Never mind' and went back to work, leaving the other two stunned. "You think he actually knows?" Coen shrugged in response.

The next day, everyone was enjoying breakfast when Jem, Mua and Noa all suddenly stood up.

"What's up?" asked Coen.

The three girls took a deep breath and all at once said "We're pregnant!"

Obi grinned, Piku fell to his knees and Coen dropped in a dead faint. Piku looked up at Obi from the ground, "You knew, didn't you?" Obi nodded. "How?" Obi looked down at him eyebrows raised. "Right," mumbled Piku. "Number four for you. Keep this up Obi and I'll never catch up." Obi chuckled then went to kiss his wife. Piku followed behind him and went to Mua, beaming. Jem ran to Coen, who had still not woken. "Think it was too much?" she asked checking out her husband.

"No" said Bibi "Three pregnant women at one time, how could that possibly be too much for one guy?" sarcasm dripping from her words. Jem chuckled then got up to get some water for Coen.