Phew, marathon posting!

Chapter 15
More Suprises

A few days later, with Noa back at work, her and Mua took a break to cool their feet in the stream.

"I have something to tell you" said Mua.

"What's that?" asked Noa

"I think I'm pregnant." Noa looked at her friend.

"Really? Are you sure?" she asked getting excited.

"Yes, I'm sure. I haven't told Piku yet, I wanted to tell you first." Noa jumped up and hugged Mua.

"Mua, this is so wonderful! I'm so happy for you! And even better! I'm pregnant again too!" Mua hugged her friend back.

"We're going to be pregnant together? Oh, those poor men of ours, how will they ever cope?" The two laughed and cried and then decided it was time to tell their husbands the good news.

Nine months later, Mua went into labor. It was a hard delivery and a long one. Noa and Bibi helped her through while Obi waited outside with Piku, this time, the men's roles were reversed. Hours passed and suddenly Noa appeared to deliver the news. But, as she went to speak, her face suddenly paled and she doubled over in pain. "Oh no, not you too, not two in one day! You're not due just yet!" cried Piku.

"Must have been the excitement" gasped Noa, in obvious pain. Obi picked up Noa and carried her to their hut while Piku went to see his wife and tell Bibi that Noa was also in labor.

That day, both women gave birth. And two beautiful little girls joined the growing tribe. For two years, the best friends enjoyed their time nursing the children and watching Ahi and Tarita catch bugs. Jem was now of age and joined the ever growing fleet of researchers in the tribe. Obi remained the current sole provider of food and loved his job. He could be seen on occasion straightening the shirt or fixing the skirt of his beloved scarecrow. Piku and Obi often stopped their work to watch the two women with love and pride in their eyes. Noa found herself thinking about home more lately, but she wasn't sad anymore when she thought of her parents. She thought about how they would be so proud of her. She had found a wonderful husband, she was a mother, a scientist, a healer, and farmer. She had grown and matured. She no longer wondered how she would ever get home. She missed her parents, but she was home. Her life was here, with Obi and their children and the tribe.