LadyCFII's Note: To keep each post from being too large, I'm posting the rest of SaxyT's story in consecutive posts from here to the end. The chapters and author comments, of course, were all written by SaxyT.

======================================================================

Thank you all for the kind words. I originally started to write this for myself. I've been so stressed out lately and my dear forum friend, Krystal, advised that it might be a good outlet to relieve stress. I found that in releasing my stress and tension, I started to pour my heart and soul into the story. Writing for hours and a time and not even realizing what I was typing. Now that you have all said such nice things, and have been so encouraging, I feel so much better writing this. I'm no longer writing this just for myself, this is for all of you too.

So, with that said, here is some more for you.

Chapter Ten
The Wedding

The next week, the whole tribe was running around, each with an important task. Obi and Noa's wedding would be in a few days and there was still a lot to do. Piku started helping Obi fetch coconuts so there would be plenty for the celebration. Bibi helped Noa sew a new dress while Mua doubled up on the research to cover Noa. And Coen and Jem were busy picking flowers for Noa's hair. Bibi was always keeping the hut by the ocean clean and tidy. Since Obi and Noa were not yet married, they had not moved into the hut yet. Noa was most excited about this. As the day drew near, Noa started to feel nervous. Not in a bad way, more of an excitement. She couldn’t believe she was going to be married. She wanted someone to walk her towards Obi on the wedding day, just like a father would back at home. She asked Obi what he thought about and he smiled and nodded. He had gone back to not saying much, but Noa didn't mind. She knew that it simply meant that when he did speak, it would be important and special.

She had thought a lot about it over the past week and after lunch, called for Piku and Mua.

"I was wondering if you two would help me with something" she asked them.

"Sure, anything!" they both replied at the same time. They looked at each other and smiled. Noa, seeing the look, smiled to herself. Mua would be 18 soon and shortly afterwards Piku would turn 18. Maybe another wedding would happen soon.

"Well, we need a witness, and, Mua, I was hoping, as my best friend, as my sister now after all these years, that you would be our witness."

"Of course I will! I'd be honored." and she hugged her friend tightly.

"And Piku, well, I really want someone to walk me towards Obi. To sort of, give me away to him before Bibi performs the ceremony. I was hoping, as my friend, and the next eldest male, you would do the honors?" She asked nervous, not knowing what they would think of this request. Piku thought about this for a moment and then a big smile broke across his face. He stepped towards Noa, hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"I would love to!" he said, then snuck a look at Mua and went back to work. Mua blushed. "He's really sweet isn't he?" she asked Noa. Noa smiled and nodded and walked her friend back to the research table.

On the day of the wedding, Noa was a tumble of butterflies. She was beyond excited and little Jem, jumping around energetically, was only adding to Noa's excitement. Mua brought breakfast to Noa in the hut and sat and ate with her. Noa didn't want Obi to see her before the ceremony. After the two friends ate, Mua helped Noa dress in her new dress and put flowers in her hair. Bibi kept the others busy, cleaning up and preparing for the ceremony. Obi disappeared into the woods. He came back with a large bouquet of flowers, a gift for Noa. When everything was ready, Piku came to tell Noa and Mua. Mua left to assume her position for the ceremony. Piku left briefly and returned with Obi's bouquet.

"Obi picked these for you this morning. He wanted you to be able to hold them during the ceremony." Noa looked at the beautiful bouquet and tears welled up in her eyes. Piku chuckled, "Now, now, don't start crying. You know Noa, I really think of you as a sister, I always have, and love you dearly. I have grown to really like Obi. He is a wonderful guy and I couldn't be happier for the two of you" Noa cried harder and hugged Piku.

"Thanks" she managed to say through breaths.

"We should get out there" he said, wiping her tears from her face. "You look beautiful" Noa smiled back and turned to follow him out of the hut.

The ceremony was beautiful and flawless , except for Mua crying through the whole thing. But Noa knew they were tears of happiness. After the ceremony and the feast Noa and Obi went to see their new hut. Bibi explained to Jem and Coen that Noa and Obi needed time to 'talk' now that they were married and were not to be disturbed. Coen was old enough to know better but Jem just nodded and ran to play. Noa and Obi spent the rest of the day in their new hut.