Originally Posted By: Gamemastr1
Try before you buy is good. I wish it were more than an hour. Sometimes an hour is not long enough especially when you have tutorials and stuff. I have come across games where the first 2 levels are tutorials and once you get past that, your time is pretty much up and you don't have any time left to really see what the games is all about. Really, would 1 more hour really kill the gaming industry?

I Love Love Love Try-Before-You-Buy model games! In fact, I could probably write a book on "How to mess up your laptop in 100 demo downloads or less!" Translation: I love demos!

There is just no feeling like the simplicity of downloading your own little hour of check-out-all-the-features, and playing that hour at your own leisure. With all my laptop connection problems, I prefer it that way.

However(!), I have to agree with the tutorial problem. Personally, I think the minutes of the tutorial should be counted separately(!). Although I haven't had any problems with the learning curve with LDW games taking long, I have encountered plenty of tutorials that have taken up half my demo time or more! In my opinion, you are not really playing the game when you are doing the tutorial, you are just learning how.

I would also like more options for my trial games when different levels require different tutorials. This dramatically affects the time frame. Since the less time played means the less time the company has to pull in a potential gamer, I don't see the benefit here. If it takes a long time to learn how to play, then the gamer should be given more time for the demo. \:\)