A couple of other slightly annoying bugs have brought themselves to my attention in the last few days, so I thought I'd add them here for neatness.

1. When I start the game after a long break, all the adult villagers seem to congregate into two "trains". Normally a burial train and a water train (from well to crops). I've had 27 villagers attempting to bury one corpse (although the effect is quite pretty - once the corpse is picked up the other villagers "burst" akin to an aerial display team like the red arrows.) This massive congregation thing never happens if the palm is left switched on, so it seems to be an issue with the way the world is updated.

2. A meta-related issue. The progress thermometer for "Updating World" slides quickly to 50% and then sticks (now I have a 65 villager village, it sticks until after my palm autopowersoff!). Doesn't that kinda defeat the object of having it rather than an unanimated, polite "Please Wait a Few Moments" screen?

Just a thought.