To follow my obsession with coffee, my first tribe I had - not including online - were all named after coffees (and a few hot chocolates).

My First 7 were: Frappuccino, Machiato, Mocha, Java, Cappuccino, Cocoa, and Latte. (& yes, I know they're not all spelled right \:\) )

Their children's first names were after ingredients, adjectives, or things related to hot drinks, then their middle name was mom's first and thir last name dad's first name. I kept an excel spreadsheet of their names, children, skills, family tree, age, stews, photos, etc.

I still have it. If you were to see my main list you would find names like:

Frothy Machi Frapp
Mint Cocoa Mocha
Drip Latte Java and little sis, Instant Latte Java
Warm Cuppie Joe
Strong Ginger Espresso

I had 117 unique names and started having to name them after their ancestors. But by then I was done with the puzzles and was only looking for collectables, so I let the naming of first names fall to the game's decision.

Since then, I often let the game decide the first name, but I usually add a last name based on the mom and dad in the beginning. And that combination changes with every game.

Turns out that I actually like the names that it gives me, even the oddball ones. \:D