The SPCV is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Villagers.

His president is Jazzo.
His vice-president is Rockmower
Tmac, Krystal and Laurence compose his cabinet

The SPCV is based on this declaration:

The Villagers Bill of Rights (as approved by the SPCV):

Preamble:
We the players, in order to minimize pixilated cruelty; to ensure harmonious game play; and to ensure a peaceful civilized existence by all villagers (real or imagined) do hereby establish and ordain this bill of rights.

Article 1:
All villagers are born free and equal in dignity and rights without distinction of any kind, such as physical appearance, hair colour, sex...
Every villager has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 2:
No villager shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment as Maiming, Dismembering, Crippling, Burning...

Article 3:
Every villager has the right to live with food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services if those resources are available.

Article 4:
Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. Everyone has the right to education and school. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

Article 5:
All members of the SPCV shall do everything in their power to ensure the peace and harmony in the life of their villagers for the term of that villagers natural life. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the villager has an adequate supply of food, rest and love.

The SPCV is already constituted by these members:

Caristiona; Robert1220; Airstream Raider; Nemyar; Britney Brit; granny_smith; Village Idiot Jr; computer3gold; Joine The Great; Becca123.
And: Annthewhofan; lucas; Adrienne; rachel08; heatherndan.

Those who feel the same way must show it. The SPCV requires nothing to join. All that is asked is that, if you agree, post "SPCV Member" in your signature to show that you are against Virtual Villager cruelty. By adding that to your signature, you agree to the following:

"I, with the Isola gods as my witnesses, regardless of what I have done to virtual villagers in the past, agree to not purposely harm virtual villagers in any irreversible way. I apologize for any harm I may have done to virtual villagers and understand it was wrong. Having "SPCV Member" in my signature shows that I agree to these terms whole-heartedly and wish to show it to all."

The form:

I, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , do hereby solemnly vow to do all within my power to minimize unnecesary cruelty to all Virtual Villagers (real or imagined) in the name of the SPCV.

Dated this _ _ _ day of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 20_ _

Witnessed by _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ __ _(agent)

Approved by JAZZO president SPCV

Edited by laurence (03/02/08 06:36 PM)