Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 21 of 39 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
#104664 - 10/24/07 06:06 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: lucas]
april_rose Offline
Trainee

Loc: Indiana, USA
What would be the best flower type to use with mutation liquid to get the spotted flower type and the tilia flower type?

Rose

#104713 - 10/24/07 01:14 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: april_rose]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Painted for Spotted and Baccatus for Tilia. I've been told that using the Mutagen on a Tilia can produce a Spotted (and vice versa), but in games that I'm testing that I've already spent over $50000 on the fluid to try that and have not yet succeeded.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#104759 - 10/24/07 05:04 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: april_rose]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: april_rose
What would be the best flower type to use with mutation liquid to get the spotted flower type and the tilia flower type? -Rose

Yesterday I added pictures of all the flowers and foliage to VST (that version is available now).

Today I added mutation information to the chart - if you click on a plant in the chart, it now tells you what that plant can be mutated into or mutated from.

this version should be available later today or tomorrow.

#104911 - 10/25/07 05:12 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: Borg]
april_rose Offline
Trainee

Loc: Indiana, USA
What flowers would you suggest I use mutation liquid on to get painted flowers? I’m trying to get tier 4 spotted flowers and painted flowers. I’m having no luck in seed purchase. I had luck in getting tilia from baccatus today.

Thanks for the help.

Rose

#104912 - 10/25/07 05:35 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: april_rose]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: april_rose
What flowers would you suggest I use mutation liquid on to get painted flowers? Thanks for the help. Rose

Hi Rose,

This is from the Chart from Virtual Seed Tray:

See how painted is surrounded by spotted on one side and daisy on the other? those are the two flowers that can be mutated into painted. In your case I am guessing daisy is what you will want to mutate since you mention you are trying to get both spotted and painted.

the above chart is from a new game with no seeds in it, so the chart looks empty and not very helpful from the picture above.

However, if you download the utility, you will find it is interactive and knows what seeds you have in your game. it will mark up the chart and show you what seeds you have and what you have bred already. you can click on the chart to find out about mutations and other information. if you turn off the option to hide spoilers it will even tell you what you can breed, how to breed them, which are the magic plants, etc. \:\) If you have any questions feel free to ask \:\)

also the utility will now water your plants and put soil in your pots for you. and there is a nice set of pictures of the flowers and the foliage.

if you download the program and want to go straight to the chart you can click "tools" up at the top, then click "chart."

if you want to see "spoiler" information, such as what plants you can breed and how to breed them, click "options" then click "hide spoilers" (to remove checkmark) and click "hide magic plant identities" (to remove checkmark). then if you click on "tools" and pick "chart" your chart will include all that information as well.

if you are only using the chart from virtual seed tray, it is safe to run virtual seed tray and plant tycoon at the same time. I would suggest running plant tycoon in windowed rather than full screen mode so you can switch back and forth more easily (to change plant tycoon from full screen to windowed mode, from the main page click options and then pick the windowed radio button which will unpick the full screen radio button next to it.)

if you decide to use the seed storing feature of virtual seed tray, be sure you have completely exited plant tycoon.

so far, virtual seed tray is only available for PCs, so if you are using a mac I apologize.

Cheers,
-Borg

Click HERE to download the latest version of Virtual Seed Tray for Plant Tycoon (warning: This link takes you to a note that has spoilers in it. To download the program without reading the spoilers, scroll down quickly to the bottom of the note while looking at your shoes. \:\) At the bottom of that page you will find the link to download the program. )

#105176 - 10/26/07 01:09 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: sherry3838]
liral Offline

The pipe cactus can be purchased on the second tier of seeds. The seeds are red, but look everyday since they change daily. My problem is that I have lots of seed varaitions, but they don't seem to be healthy even though i have the second level of soil and water. Do you have to buy the best soil and water to get the plants to be healthy?

#105183 - 10/26/07 02:05 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! [Re: liral]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: liral
The pipe cactus ...don't seem to be healthy even though i have the second level of soil and water. Do you have to buy the best soil and water to get the plants to be healthy?
it depends on the flower of your pipe cactus and if you are running the game in easy/normal/hard mode (on options screen). if you have a tier 3 flower on your tier 2 pipe cactus it might not do too well on the normal (or even the easy?) setting.

#106118 - 10/29/07 11:32 PM Re:Borg [Re: LadyCFII]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
Hi I have used the VST but I don't understand how it work for taking of the folige. I tryed it but it didnt look like it mutate it Please help or explain it to me

Ava By AR

#106120 - 10/29/07 11:39 PM Re:Borg [Re: lucas]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It doesn't mutate plants - only Mutation Liquid does that - but it tells you what you can get when you mutate a specific plant. \:\)

#106123 - 10/30/07 12:05 AM Re:Borg [Re: LadyCFII]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
How does it tell you I mean where in the game or the seed tray I dont understand thanks

Ava By AR

Page 21 of 39 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter