Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#101548 - 10/08/07 02:32 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Deathwing]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Originally Posted By: Deathwing
More seed boxes, that would be great, also being able to sell while the plants are growing. Also using the flowers that LDW was unable to use.

I have all three seed boxes and I still have too many seeds, *rolls eyes* \:\/

#101552 - 10/08/07 02:36 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Jazzo]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Yeah, there are so many seeds, you can't even keep one of each when you have all three seed boxes!!

#101577 - 10/08/07 03:19 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Krystal]
gamma Offline

Maybe I am just strange, but I kinda like having to decide what to keep and throw away. No big deal if you find you threw something away, you can always make it again, if you kept charts of x breeding. Or mutate it again.

#101760 - 10/08/07 06:21 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: gamma]
Toby Offline

Loc: Lafayette, IN
I would like to be able to zoom in and rotate the plants when pruning. This would inevitably stop the my plant won't sell problem as well as the inadvertent snip that takes off the wrong leaf/stem/entire branch. My 8 yr old loves playing the game but she gets a little trigger happy when snipping and oops there goes the entire plant. BTW did you know that even if you snip off the entire plant you can still pollinate what looks like a pot with a seed and still get other seeds? We have found this out the hard way (and were pleasantly surprised).

#101768 - 10/08/07 06:56 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Toby]
lindy Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
I would like to grow more plants at a time. I feel 15 isn't very much. Maybe around 20. I also think that pruning should be made easier. I've also seen many "oops I snipped my plant, wonder how I managed that". Good thing I could still get the seeds. And the I also could see new seed boxes, maybe have several and number them, then when you need one you press on number and out pounces your seed box with seeds in it. that way you could have several. The other thing is I don't mind selling the plants, but sometimes would like to be able to fix/change price/spray _bug_ spray/ or other stuff without having to leave the nursery. My mom also plays the game and her idea would be to buy the items to be able to decorate your nursery but then to be able to place them ourselves. That way our nurseries are like we want them to be.

#101775 - 10/08/07 07:39 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
yes i think being able to keep one of every seed would be good and also letting plants sell when u are not there. Also more magic plants that include fruites and veg's as well.yes very cool plants that make u want to bread. Also all the seeds not used the purple ones the roses.

Ava By AR

#101776 - 10/08/07 07:45 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: lucas]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: England, U.K
I don't really like the idea of keeping one of every seed, wouldn't this make the game ALOT easier?

#101781 - 10/08/07 08:38 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Keza132]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I have a feeling that most suggestions would make the game a lot easier. I hardly ever see someone suggesting a change to make the game harder even though some of us would like more difficult challenges. ;\)

Even though I would like the ability to every seed (in one game I'm trying to create every species!) not being able to do so does make the breeding task harder.

I made suggestions before about being able to keep multiple copies of seeds. Up to eight seeds each, and the seed tray needs to be empty (or have enough open cells) to sort out the seeds in a seed box cell. I would also like to be able to sort the seeds by flower or foliage type (if known) and/or by parent data.

Or be able to add "notes" to seed box cells for what seed is there. So much of my time is "wasted" going back and forth with the game and my spreadsheets trying to remember what each seed will produce and which ones to delete next to make room for other newer seeds.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#101871 - 10/09/07 01:36 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Algorithm]
Dezz Offline
Trainee

Loc: Wisconsin
As it has been said by others Seed Storage would be great. Not necessarily in the Seed screen. Maybe there can be some sort of storehouse that seeds can be kept in when you are not using or wanting to use them right away.
The additional speed choices would be nice because while I do understand that it is possible to buy things to help speed up the growing process they growing rate isn't constant. (When you use the vapor bomb it doesn't effect all the plants the same way so it can become quite expensive very easily and quickly.)
Some way to keep track of the plants as suggested by Gamemastr1 would be great. I want to be able to figure things out myself and because of that reason I did decide to start keeping a written record of everything, but there has to be an easier way that is built into the game.
Different ways to trim the plants would be nice too. (I like the idea of putting a plant on a turning table to move it around to look at it from all angles that Funkiroller suggested.)
I know that I am repeating things that other people have already said repeatedly, but so far in my experience these are things that have been a source of frustration for me.

#101989 - 10/09/07 05:56 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Dezz]
TNGardner Offline

Loc: Southern TN
Just a few of my thoughts as I have not completed the game yet and haven't gotten everything. It would be nice to "prune" a little at a time on the trees. I mean Come on who take a whole branch off. I like to be able to shape them in the same manner as the Bonzi. It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view. I also agree about the time speeds. Slow= 8-9 hours or real time. Normal= 4-6 or 1/2 the real time, Fast= 2-3 hours or 1/4 of the time, Super Fast= in less the 15 min. plants have grown matured and pollinated. This wouldn't be for the weak of heart, or those that want to relax, this would be more of a game mode. Quick and hard to keep up with. I think that would take the "boring" out of it. Other then that MORE BUGS when you are growing. I mean I learned early on if I had the _bug_ already I got cash. That was a great bonus, drawl back they don't come that often. Also more BUGS in general to collect. Tier one has x amount, tier 2 x amount, tier 3 x amount, tier 4 x amount (that you can't even get to until you collected all the other tiers.) Maybe some snails, slugs and other bugs that you see around a greenhouse other then dragonflies, butterflies, beetles and spiders. Maybe a tier 4 could be a garden snake or something. Hey a girl can wish can't she!
TN

Page 4 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter