Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 20 of 24 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >
Topic Options
#125588 - 03/25/08 01:53 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
neteru Offline

Loc: Canada
One of my pet peeve's with the original PT from day one was the decor inside the nursery. I have seen some of the mods people have come up with but not being a computer person I'm not brave enough to try to change anything. The dirty blue floor, the dark brown wood walls all blending in with the plant stands and pools of water the plants stand in i suppose the developers through in to make _bug_ catching more difficult and it harder to spot dead foliage but for someone with poorer eyesight like me it is a real pain. I hope the seecond version comes out with higher contrast colors in there and something brighter and more cheerful than what they have now. I know if I spent all my time for real in a place that dreary I'd find it depressing after awhile, maybe the interior could be part of the $4500 refurbishment you can upgrade and there could be a choice of colors?...Thanks,,,oh and for a greenhouse with windows on all sides why does the sun only shine in one side at one time of the day? Never figured that one out....

Edited by neteru (03/25/08 02:06 PM)

#125903 - 03/27/08 09:17 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: neteru]
pava Offline
Trainee

1. It would be LOVELY to be able to magnify individual plants in the greenhouse! I can't always tell if I'm seeing shadow or a browning leaf, and a larger image would solve the mystery and make pruning more accurate.

2. Often while watering, a new _bug_ will arrive. A few times, I've moused over to get the net and clicked at the _bug_, only to discover I had picked up the pruning shears by accident - at least once, a plant has been severely compromised in the process. Would it be possible to redesign the tool positions? Or perhaps enable a right-click feature for activating the _bug_ net (like whipping the net out of a pocket instead of running back to the worktable).

3. Likewise, I often chase a dragonfly or moth to the top edge of the screen. If I'm in windowed mode, the clicks serve only to move the window around while the little bugger escapes. And if I'm unlucky enough to chase it to the upper right corner, I end up in the snapshot screen when I was sure that click had caught the pest.

4. A big thumbs-up for adding more storage for seeds and/or pollen. It would also be handy to have another shelf for fertilizers, etc. Today I had to waste a dose of Vitamins to make room for the fertilizer bomb to save 5 plants sowed in weaker soil than they needed.

5. I'm getting acquainted with plant naming conventions, but another great help would be to include the plant name somewhere near the plant image when we mouse over seeds in storage. Obviously, this would apply only to matured plant seeds, not to new crossbreeds.

6. Neteru's comments above have merit. My desire is to be able to sweep up those yellow leaves off the floor! It would make sense that any new pruning needs to be cleaned up instead of disintegrating before hitting the ground. After all, we have plenty of time for that sort of housekeeping ...

7. Most stores these days have to contend with shoplifting. It may be too much to bother with, but it would create a more engaging twist to watching the shop.

8. Another new element would be harvesting flowers and selling bouquets first. The risk would be in not knowing how many flowers could be snipped off, because the plant could be sold only if it still had at least one bloom on it. Similarly, I think any plant that still has unharvested seeds should be worth more in the nursery.

Thanks for a completely captivating game. I hope these ideas will fit in nicely with your vision of the next upgrade.

#130307 - 04/13/08 08:27 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: pava]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

I was thinking that if there ever is a Plant Tycoon 2 with some new flowers/plants (but keeping some of the nice old ones like the fabled,bluestar, rosaceae, etc.), it might be fun for us to be able to vote on names for some of those flowers/plants.

#132444 - 04/20/08 08:47 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: SupernaturalJem]
tick_tock Offline
Trainee

I loved just about everything in Plant Tycoon. Sad to say I spent three solid days doing nothing but plant breeding over Easter!! It was my first type of tycoon game and:

Positives for me:

1) Easy to learn - basic soil, water, seed, sell and catch a few bugs for good luck.
2) Graphics - I actually thought these were fine
3) I enjoyed plotting combinations in a spread sheet and the way you can evolve to make up your own ways to play apart from finding the magic plants.
4) Having a limited seed tray for me was a plus because you had to make a decision which ones to throw away or not - hence increasing the challenge.

Upgrades:

1) Pruning sheers to close to _bug_ net - instead of whopping a _bug_ you snipped a flower clean off as mentioned.
2) Vegetable patch idea someone mentioned - sounds good.
3) Closer linking of seed colour and shape to plants.
4) A tally of how many of the same type you have bred for interest.
5) More interactivity of garden ornaments to influence selling perhaps so you could do something whilst they are selling rather than sit back and watch.
6) Move the 'take a photo' button - I keep hitting it when whopping a butterfly!
7) More ways to cultivate and influence price -e.g. whilst bloomed - fungicide treatments, patterns on flowers enhancement liquid, books that could be bought to increase knowledge on maximising blooms, seed production, height of plant, number of blooms.
8\) A greenhouse, vegetable patch/area and herb area (as mentioned) to cultivate in.
9) Sprinkler system - so you can buy and turn it on to water soil all in one go - watering soil is boring.
10) Choice of container - e.g. plant pot for adults/sales, seedling trays.
11) Control of air in the greenhouse -e.g. too hot and some plants die, too cold and some die or grow slowly - so you have to work out conditions for growth in any one batch.
12) Placement of plants - some like sun, others do not mixed into the day/night (which we already see as the sun moves through the greenhouse).

#132457 - 04/20/08 09:49 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: SupernaturalJem]
pava Offline
Trainee

One real blessing would be to either add another SLOWER speed or drag the current Slow out a bit farther. Newly planted seeds bud in about 5 hours in Slow right now. It would be great for them to mature in 8, so we could get a full night's sleep and wake up to a new crop, ready to pollinate.

Earlier I suggested either bartering or a way to change the price in the nursery. I think this would be easier to program:

When there's only one plant left to sell, at some point give a customer a pop-up bubble with an alternate price they're willing to pay. Clicking on the bubble will sell the plant. It would save a lot of time. One plant, I reduced several times from its usual $185 until it finally sold for $25. It was healthy, young (before sitting in the nursery for dayz!), and had no bugs, so the only problem must have been having accidentally pruned one of the flowering stems. It took nearly 30 minutes to get that one plant sold!

I'd still love to have the ability to magnify plants in the greenhouse in a pop-up, interactive pruning window. Arnie told me about Windows' Accessibility utility, but it's cumbersome to dig through the Start menu to open the program, adjust PT's window to see both windows well, make a careful snip, then close the utility and return PS to full screen again. Then, the magnification focuses on where the hand grabs the shears, not on the glowing (in hover-focus) shoots I'm trying to confirm as the bad ones. This is especially critical for the wispy Grass. Besides, I'd love to see all the plants in more detail - they're beautiful!

Thanks for reading.

#132635 - 04/21/08 04:31 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: pava]
pava Offline
Trainee

Tick Tock's suggestions reminded me how I love the click interaction with some of the nursery ornaments - great enhancement! Since you can get the bird to sing in the birdhouse, and the turtle to spout water, and the wheelbarrow to waft petals into the breeze, it surprised me that the lantern didn't turn on and the weathervane didn't spin (or at least move a bit) when clicked. It might be fun to be able to move nursery ornaments to locations of our choice, but this is no big deal. They're great where they are!

#142661 - 05/12/08 09:15 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Sailorben]
Beachlover Offline

I was frustrated with the one hour wait for a mature plant in the fast speed, particularly in the first tier of plants. The game could vary the maturity rate by the type of seed or soil used. I'd like the nursery to be a side window to the main page. You could select the plants you want to sell, they would show in the nursery, and you could monitor those fragile plants or change the asking price on the nursery plants. I'd like to select the pot specifically without the whole fill with dirt/trash step, maybe even a mini game section for designing pots--color, design, hanging/clay/urn/bedding tray etc.

A spin off/mini game could be Nursery Tycoon where you could go from small shop to wholesaler to big retail based on the dollar amount/volume sold. After so much in revenue, you could afford to hire a highschool student, a plant expert, have seminars for customers, etc.

#146233 - 05/17/08 06:17 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Beachlover]
jimv Offline

Some or all of these suggestions may have been made before in this thread, but I wasn't going to read 20 pages to find out. I made before just consider it an agreement to those suggestions.

The game would have been much better if it had been designed with stackable seeds that were automatically sorted by either flower or foilage and enough seed trays to store all 529 different seed types. That way people that play it wouldn't have to use their own paper to write the combinations down or keep going back and forth to documents on their computer and hope they don't delete them.

Also, I would have liked it better with options added to the buy window in the supply screen to allow purchasing say 5 or 10 of an item at once instead of one at a time.

As it is, Plant Tycoon is an incomplete game.

For those wondering how they could get all the needed seeds trays, a simple scroll bar in the seed tray window or arrow keys to page up or down to the next set of trays would do it. They also already have stackable seeds in the game where you get them after the plants have been pollinated.

The game would also be much, much better with its own internal clock instead of using the computer's clock. This would avoid letting people simply set their clock ahead for faster results.
Something as simple as the 1 Time clock integrated into the game would suffice. Just don't let it be resetable.

A little more on the tray section.

Make all the extra trays have to be purchased. To do this the sorting would have to be by a leveling system. This also makes someone breed more of the lower plants to get the money for extra trays. The trays should be purchased by page, or 3 trays at once. Since each tray has 40 slots, each page would have 120 slots and there would be a total of 5 pages. (*Note: That would be 600 seed slots which would also allow for expansion in the types of seeds/plants.

Add a pop-up when you double click on a particular stack of seeds to show the plants cross bred to arrive at it, so you can keep your seeds at the "what they are picure level".

#148183 - 05/20/08 04:09 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: angiejoy]
PlayAtWork Offline
Trainee

I would like to be able to multi task - while selling, I'd like to be able to grow more plants. I'd also like to see an ability to grow more plants at a time. I also don't understand why the customers stop and bend at every table - including the cash register. Why can't we see them pay for their item?

#154703 - 06/04/08 07:36 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: PlayAtWork]
Diversity Offline
Expert

Loc: Kentucky
I would LOVE to see more interaction of buyers at the nursery with items you buy for it - like children coming in to watch the birds and fountain when you get those and such.
People sitting around on benches - maybe a coffee stand you could buy and such.

Maybe some kind of bird watcher spotting game added.
There might be more bird boxes to buy in the supplies section - to promote more different birds flying in .

In the main section - Maybe more different types of bugs - including other things like snails,worms, green garden snake and such.

Maybe some pots in windows and other areas added around the greenhouse or different backgrounds and areas of greenhouses to choose from or buy at the supplies place.

In the supplies section - Have an assortment of different kinds of pots you can buy.
And different kinds of windchimes.
I LOVE the windchimes sound effects when they play sometimes in the 1st game.

Page 20 of 24 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter