Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 248 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 19 of 24 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 >
Topic Options
#120318 - 02/20/08 06:59 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: angiejoy]
mare010987 Offline

Loc: MA
hello....i am new to the forums...well, kind of [i have had many problems with my computer so i am able to logon sometimes, yet not others.....oh well!] i am here now to make a suggestion

i have made 2 before: have 2 med slots and 4th tank available

now i want to ask for the names of the fish to also be available on the bottom of the charts so you don't have to keep going to the top to see what row you are in [i keep track of what fish i make and with which ones]

i, at one time suggested starting with more money but i now want to veto that idea...we start with $300, its enough

thats all. thanks for a great bunch of games. i like them all. i can't wait for VV3! keep them coming!

#120342 - 02/20/08 09:42 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: TNGardner]
Narasan Offline
Adviser

Loc: AL USA
Originally Posted By: TNGardner
It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view. TN

What I do when playing and want to do something else while waiting on the plants to grown is hold down at the same time my "ALT/TAB" keys.

#121165 - 02/26/08 08:13 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Narasan]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

It would be cool if we could store the pollen from our plants (or rather choose to store it). That way, when we want to pollinate a plant with a certain plant that we do not currently have out, we could go to the pollen storage place and click on the pollen for the plant of our choice and then click which plant that we have out that we want to pollinate it with.

#121166 - 02/26/08 08:16 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Narasan]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Originally Posted By: TNGardner
It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view. TN
I just keep my game in windowed mode; the plants are smaller, but you can do other stuff.

#121321 - 02/28/08 12:49 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Krystal]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

Yeah, I keep mine in window mode too. I usually have PT and VV2 open at the same time. While the plants are selling, I check in on the villagers LOL.

#121353 - 02/28/08 08:05 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: SupernaturalJem]
pava Offline
Trainee

Maybe this has already been suggested, but as a fairly new PT player, I'd love to be able to change a plant's price when in the nursery. When I see customers think my price is too high - or too low - too much time is lost by clicking back to the greenhouse (main) to change the price, then back to the nursery to wait for more customers to wander in.

Someone mentioned a "bargaining algorithm." While that would be interesting, it seems that kind of complexity would significantly increase the size of the program.

My other hope is to add faster speeds, like the exponential choices (x2 through x16 or more) available in games like "My Farm" and "My Exotic Farm." No, it's not realistic, but it's a rare luxury to spend a couple of hours watching for bugs while waiting for a couple of generations of plants to complete their life cycles. With 500+ plant species and only 15 pots, this is a very long game indeed! (Doesn't it seem odd that all plants take the same amount of time to mature?)

Perhaps I'll get used to walking away from the game for extended periods of time while the clock is running, but with the risks of plant health and infestations, it makes me nervous not to actively watch, all the while feeling guilty about all the time I spend staring at a predominantly dormant screen.

Rather than waiting for PT2, how about making a patch available to add these enhancements to the version we already have? Thanks for considering ~

#121361 - 02/28/08 12:48 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: pava]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
(Doesn't it seem odd that all plants take the same amount of time to mature?)
But they don't! If you plant a number of different seeds at the same time they won't all mature at the same time.

I agree about changing prices in the nursery, and can't see much to add what you've already said about the "bargaining algorithm". I'll often shut the game off, or switch to VV or some other task on the computer while the plants are maturing. Perhaps I'm willing to take more risks than you, or you're a keener bughunter. ;\)

#121401 - 02/28/08 07:20 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: arnie]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

I agree with being able to change the price in the nursery. It would also be helpful to know exactly which plant the customer thinks is too expensive. Often, the customer hasn't walked all the way into the nursery yet when that frowny face and the red dollar sign appears in his thought bubble. When that happens, I have no clue which plant he thinks is too expensive.

#121406 - 02/28/08 07:42 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: arnie]
pava Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: arnie
Quote:
(Doesn't it seem odd that all plants take the same amount of time to mature?)
But they don't! If you plant a number of different seeds at the same time they won't all mature at the same time.

Maybe I haven't gotten deep enough into the game yet. The preplanted start-up seeds had the same timing, and the rest of the common seeds followed suit after sowing the other 11 pots. The second crop of 15, some cross-breeds, had identical maturities. The seeds from the second cross-pollenation - some of which turned out to be Tier 2 and even Tier 3 exotics, based on chart images I've seen elsewhere - still showed the same maturity time frames.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

I've played only the 60 minute trial downloads and advanced my PC clock to force instant growth (hint from another site), and I've gotten as far as growing the third generation of plants, but time ran out before planting the next crop - maybe a good thing in the low-grade soil. I believe you, Arnie, but I have yet to see different maturity lengths for myself.

On another front, what about being able to hire a nursery employee for selling? Then get reports on customer feedback instead of watching endless milling about. Peace ~

#124362 - 03/17/08 08:35 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: pava]
SupernaturalJem Offline
Expert

I like the idea about hiring a nursery employee.

Page 19 of 24 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter