Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#97171 - 09/19/07 12:53 AM [SPOILER] What am I doing wrong?
SharonG Offline
Trainee

I have been playing for about 2 weeks - I have found the FourPetal Maple, that was easy but was totally by accident.

However, now that I understand the game, and how to cross-breed, etc, I have been reading all the spoiler breeding charts, looking at the pics, etc, buying the extinct seeds, I just can't seem to ever have the right combinations to get the magic plants. I know exactly what combinations I need from the breeding charts but for instance, whenever I have seeds that will breed a certain foliage for the magic plants, the flowers aren't the right combination, and vice versa.

I don't know if any of this makes sense but I am so extremely frustrated right now.

Sharon

Edited by LadyCFII (09/19/07 01:03 AM)

#97173 - 09/19/07 01:09 AM Re: [SPOILER] What am I doing wrong? [Re: SharonG]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are many ways to breed most species of plant, including the Magic Plants. Because there are so many possible species and limited breeding space and seed storage, you usually won't have exactly the plants you need to make a specific plant. However, by using the breeding charts you can create the ones you need with a little extra cross-pollination. By doing that, you can kind of "sneak up" on the plants you want by using a series of cross-pollinations.

#97274 - 09/19/07 04:59 PM Re: [SPOILER] What am I doing wrong? [Re: LadyCFII]
SharonG Offline
Trainee

Okay thanks.

Right now I am trying to make as many different combinations as I can so maybe I will wind up with the right ones. On the Stats page it says I have found 58 different species but I have only found 1 magic plant so I guess it will take more time.

Sharon

#97284 - 09/19/07 06:00 PM Re: [SPOILER] What am I doing wrong? [Re: SharonG]
danfan Offline
Trainee

Loc: PA
I share your frustration. I have 3 games going & have 1 MP on each, all found by accident. I decided to "give in" and look at breeding charts & it takes forever to decide what to cross pollinate. I'll sit for half an hour thinking if I breed a with b and get c, then c with d will give e then e with a and I get a magic one! OMG! LOL

Last time I did that, I was aiming for a particular MP and lo & behold, I found it by an accidental cross breeding of 2 totally different plants.

#97291 - 09/19/07 06:30 PM Re: [SPOILER] What am I doing wrong? [Re: danfan]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

LOL! That happens!

When I first started, I was working on creating my own breeding charts and not worrying about finding the Magic Plants. I started two different games and just started documenting the crosses as they came, as well as keeping track of which combinations either game found.

Four of the Magic Plants happened without explicitly aiming for any (except the easiest one to find...) If I found a MP in one game, then I would note it in my "all species" chart, knowing that I would come back to it later.

I also worked on my all-species charts as well, and if I didn't have a new cross to make, I would see if crossing a mature plant with any other I had in the greenhouse would make something new. If it was a new MP (for that game) that was a bonus!

In a game at work I started playing with the Mutation Liquid and created my Pocket Guide. During that process I discovered the fifth plant.

Back home, as I continued filling in my all-species chart, I would keep track of what seeds showed up in the store. When I saw an interesting Tier 3/Tier 3 seed I bought it and was excited when the seed was planted because it had a higher than usual price! And yes, when that plant matured it was the sixth Magic Plant!

I still didn't have all six in any one game, but now I knew what they all were. \:D

Eventually, through breeding, mutation, new seeds, mutation, and breeding*, I got all six in my main two home games. (So of course I started a third!)

So hang in there, eventually you'll be able to breed to find them all.

If you don't know what the flowers/foliage for each of the plants are, you may want to work on several different games at once like I did and then combine the data.

If you do know, then keep an eye on the store for the right seed to appear and take the chance. Even if it is not the right seed, it may help with another plant you already have for a cross-breed, or won't be too many mutation hits away to your goal. (Read my Mutation guide before trying this, or you may end up spending too much for not a lot of progress.)

* I was really frustrated with one of the MPs in one of my home game. I couldn't seem to make the right plants to cross-breed. I finally found another seed/plant that was close in both the flower and foliage and mutated that. It didn't get what I wanted, but it did create a plant that I could cross with another I already had to make the MP.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#97294 - 09/19/07 06:40 PM Re: [SPOILER] What am I doing wrong? [Re: sfrose]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

I too have been working diligently. I have 1 MP left. I got it once in a different game that I lost but now it is evading me. I have several versions of the plant I need but no matter how many times I have crossed it, I cannot come up with it. I even looked at the spoiler that has a pic of all the MP's. The logic behind the charts that I have looked at seem to baffle me. I guess I am just dim-witted in that respect. The only thing I can say is chin up and keep trudging through. They will come up sooner or later. For us, it seems like it is going to be 'later'. \:D

#97319 - 09/19/07 08:16 PM Re: [SPOILER] What am I doing wrong? [Re: Gamemastr1]
SharonG Offline
Trainee

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I keep buying the extinct seeds and fortunately I keep getting new species so that is helping. I haven't tried the mutation liquid yet but I think I will buy that next.

Sharon

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter