This guide was prepared and submitted by sfrose, who also submitted the Seed Catalog that was posted earlier in the Guides.

Plant Tycoon Breeding and Mutation Key Pocket Guide

The following is a key list for Plant Tycoon for many reasons.

1. spotted reptans
  2. painted scandens
  3. daisy grass
  4. nox orchid
  5. bluestar astera
  6. mystic gladiatus
  7. rosaceae fern
  8. viola ananas
  9. jalapa maranta
  10. fabled fanleaf
  11. fragrant lemonbush
  12. blazing bamboo
  13. fourpetal maple
  14. aureus rare oak
  15. venomous pipe cactus
  16. mela pear cactus
  17. citrus ball cactus
  18. arthurium glaber
  19. venus tigerfern
  20. tahitian pitcher
  21. lilia weeper
  22. baccatus multiflora
  23. tilia ridgeball
Mutations
The Mutagen (or Mutation Liquid) will change either the flower or foliage for each use. It will go up or down this list. i.e. if you start with a Jalapa Maranta the following are possible with one use of the Mutagen:

1. Viola Maranta
  2. Fabled Maranta
  3. Jalapa Ananas
  4. Jalapa Fanleaf
As far as I can tell it is totally random which will change and in which direction, though it seems that any attempt to change to the plant you want will make an opposite change. \:D

Breeding
To figure out how to make a flower on the list, find the name of the flower you want, the two flowers surrounding it, or two above and one below will produce that flower. Then skip the two surrounding the flower, and do that again, until the list runs out. The same process works for determining the foliage you want. i.e. to make a Mystic flower, the following cross-breeds will work:

1. Rosaceae with Bluestar or Nox
  2. Viola with Nox or Daisy
  3. Jalapa with Daisy or Painted
  4. Fabled with Painted or Spotted
  5. Fragrant with Spotted
An easier way to do this is to find the number of the flower that you want, and then find the pair that will add to either 2x or 2x-1. In my example, Mystic = 6 and the pairs need add to 11 or 12.

Perfect Plants
Cross-breed any plants on the list and you will get another plant on the list. This is like the Perfect Fishes in Fish Tycoon. See the above notes for which plants will result.