Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#923 - 10/22/04 03:13 PM Doggie Help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi. I have a small emergency. I have a great dog (Snowspot) who despite my inept treatment has survived to 33 and is going strong. Never been ill, playful, and wonderful.

However, my Zire 72 is being replaced and I need to transfer it over to my new PDA before it is sent back. I have a couple of days before it needs to go.

How can I transfer my dog from one PDA to the next??? Help! Help! Somebody save me!!

Yours worriedly,

Me

#924 - 10/23/04 09:35 AM Re: Doggie Help!!!
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
Hi Keith,

This is a little tricky. When we started doing these games for Palm we stored the game progress in the applications "unsaved preferences", which meant it was hard to backup. (We are not doing this anymore on new versions of games)

You'll need to use a 3rd party backup tool, or any tool that lets you backup and restore 'unsaved preferences'. Backup Buddy does this correctly (make sure you check 'save unsaved preferences' in Backup Buddy's options), and some others do as well.

Make sure that you 'stable' your pet before you move it, otherwise he could be very hungry and cranky when you restore him/her on the new device.

#925 - 10/24/04 06:48 AM Re: Doggie Help!!!
klister Offline

Hi Carla,

Many thanks. Snowspot underwent major transplant surgery this morning and is now in a stable position. He is doing well and will be ready to resume playing with his duck within the next few moments (as soon as my son finishes his breakfast anyway.)

As a note to others: - I tried Backup Buddy as you suggested but couldn't find a way to find or select the "Unsaved Preferences" file that you mentioned. The backup facility didn’t appear to be terribly selective although that could have been operator error I suppose.

However, BZBackup (Botzum Backup) did allow for a more selective backup and this worked fine. I copied the Unsaved Preferences file from the old PDA to the new one and it worked.

Once again many thanks for your help.

Yours sincerely,

Klister
VET & Doggie Surgeon

#926 - 10/24/04 07:24 AM Re: Doggie Help!!!
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
I am happy that Snowspot is doing great!
Also, thanks for the tip on backing up your pet!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter