Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#8287 - 04/22/05 11:01 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
I have had disappearances during a healing, but not sure how far into the game that was.....I must keep track of my villagers better

#8288 - 04/22/05 03:18 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Burnsie Offline

I just bought the game yestarday and things seem to be going well. I just had a villager die and now I am scared to even try to bury her remains. Any ideas on when a fix will be out?

#8289 - 04/22/05 03:21 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
Honestly, I've played twice now and I only had someone dissapear once during the game. I wouldn't worry too much. Currently, there is a fix for "crashing" when starting a new game, but they are still working on an update for VS to fix the bugs!

#8290 - 04/22/05 03:42 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Burnsie, don't worry about burying the remains. If you have the right level of spiritualty just drag a villager around to find the grave yard, they will do the rest. I belive that there have not been any problems so long as you exit the game after the have buried the dead and then restart the program.

#8291 - 04/22/05 04:07 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It seems that the best way to avoid disappearing villagers at this point is to refrain from dragging any villagers while (or immediately after?) corpses are being buried. Leaving the game and launching it again would probably add another measure of safety. If anyone can verify or disprove this theory, please post it here!

#8292 - 04/22/05 06:32 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
I had another villager disappear today.

I came back to my game to find more villagers had died (poor old people!). Some of my villagers were sick so I found my best healer. She was in the middle of a "bury the dead" action. I scooped her up from burying and moved her to heal. She healed a villager and when she was done *poof!* she disappeared.

Bummer.

#8293 - 04/22/05 06:37 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Doctors seem to be fond of disappearing. I think that's because they are always being dragged to another villager, which seems to be the way vanishing is caused (but only in the aftermath of burials).

#8294 - 04/22/05 06:44 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
My poor doctors!! I guess I'll have to be more careful about when I have them heal. But my poor sick villagers are just BEGGING for the doctor!! Oh well...I'm just happy to still have my old game that I somehow deleted

#8295 - 04/22/05 07:28 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the vanishing villagers are a doctor problem, here's something weird I've noticed about the doctors--this is after you have a lot of villagers. When you first start the game, you'll usually find everyone off doing their own thing--except for some of the doctors. A few always seem to be frozen in place. If I move them a little, they come back to life, but otherwise they just seem to stay there, doing nothing and not moving at all.

I have a Palm Tungsten E.

#8296 - 04/22/05 07:52 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Schatzie Offline

Loc: California
Quote:

I have been playing Village Sim since the day I got it--about 9 days now. Last night, for the first time, I had some missing villagers, as I have seen mentioned in the forums. At the time, I had 65 villagers, all research done, lots of full-time doctors. One of my oldsters had died; no problem--she was 82. Then another one died who was 79--and 5 more villagers, all under 60 died at the same time. (I keep an eye on the old ones; they've been around longer and I become quite fond of them.) No message about a plague or anything. Then when I was helping them make some babies--I had just put a man on a woman---poof! she vanished right before my eyes! Another one vanished at the same time but I didn't see who (I think it may have been another villager "Going Indoors"), and suddenly I was down 8 villagers, with 2 graves missing. I've never had a problem with any going missing before now. I generally have the max allowable number of villagers, so they're pretty easy to keep track of. Oh, I also had 33000+ food at the time, so I know they didn't starve. And I've had Spirituality 2 since before my first villagers died, so my number of deaths and graves always matched before.

I had a very similar thing happen. I had 64 villagers, as one of the old ones died, and there were a bunch of villagers participating in burying the dead. At the same time I was breeding two villagers who were NOT participating in the burial. The "going indoors" message was on the screen when they both vanished.

I checked the numbers of villagers, and it then showed 62 (down 2). I'm not sure if the number of graves and number of dead villagers is correct or not. I'd previously had 16, but I'm not sure if I missed a couple or if this vanishing act impacted the number of dead and graves. The number of graves on the screen DOES agree with the number of dead in the stats.

Other info:

All of my villagers are in excellent health with the green bars all the way across except for one elderly woman (67 years old) who still has green but there's a little space there. There's tons of food, lots of doctors, researchers, farmers, and 3 adept parents (women).

When this happened, I'd solved the first 9 puzzles, and I had Level 3 for all Village Tech except Medicine, which was still Level 2.

The stats right after this happened:

Realtime hours: 193
Villagers born: 85
Villagers buried: 20
Oldest villager: 71
Max village population: 65
Food harvested: 132,003
Crabs caught: 714
Total tech points earned: 536,546
Tech levels completed: 11
Island events encountered: 10
Puzzles solved: 9 of 12

I'm using a Tungsten E, and I've installed the game on the expansion card.

Speed when this happened: Fast

-----------------------

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter