Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 150 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18
Topic Options
#112382 - 12/02/07 02:06 AM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: Wonka2]
Village Idiot Jr Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: Basketball Court
*sad music starts* oh well i gave it my best shot. maybe next year. *sad music ends happy music starts* but on the other hand I have a 12-0 lead over Barbara........ for now.

#112435 - 12/02/07 05:07 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: Wonka2]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: Wonka2
Great pick up sfrose!

Adrian Peterson may come in handy.

Good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks! Though I think I got confused... I saw the reports that "Adrian Peterson" was recommended to be picked up and didn't realize that there were two running backs with that name!

Still, the one I have may be better than my backups for the playoffs...

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#112462 - 12/02/07 09:35 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: sfrose]
Village Idiot Jr Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: Basketball Court
well its tied 22-22 for Barbra and I right now. its going to be a close on..........hopefully.

#113328 - 12/12/07 08:59 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: Village Idiot Jr]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

It's playoffs! The first week didn't have any upsets as sfrose's rockets, Village Idiot's, Arnie's Anchormen, and Mysti's Marvels all easily coasted into the semi-finals. Gramma's Gorillas and the Isolans did amazingly well considering that they seemed to be absentee managers all season. I'm routing for RifsterManiacs and Eye's Exterminators to win this week's games, even if they're not in the final four.

ITMT, THE BYE WEEK got 85 points in week 14 games! That's the second highest score he got all season! It's too bad we were already in playoff mode!

It looks like it'll be a close game between VI and my team, but I've seen projected points go all over the place, so I'm not counting on anything until next Tuesday morning, but will be routing for a Chicago win Monday night. Of course, I'll also be routing for the Pats to win, but by not too much so VI doesn't rack up the Def points. ;\)

New England Patriots: 13-0!!!

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#113787 - 12/17/07 11:48 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: sfrose]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

My guys didn't do so well in the games yesterday. There were low scores all around, but some mangers were hurt worse than others.

I still have my kicker in tonight's game, but VI has a WR & RB (playing for the opposite team!) I suspect that he'll keep is winning streak going.

In other games:
Arnie still has a player in tonight's game and the defense for the other team, but will need 15 points to beat Mysti's Marvels! (Even with Tom Brady not earning any fantasy points yesterday! But at least he didn't go negative like Arnie's QB did.) It's possible for Arnie to still to pull out a win.

In the consolation semis, absentee managers Gramma & Isolans (probably) will move ahead to the 5th place game. (Eyeshigh has the other kicker in tonights game, but needs 20 points to beat the Isolans.)

But I'm still happy:

New England Patriots: 14-0!!!

#113859 - 12/18/07 01:46 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: sfrose]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Hey sfrose, thinks for keeping everyone updated. We got some bad news over Thanksgiving week about my wife. She has breast cancer. But God is good and he has shown us time after time that He is in control, but that has kept me away from other not so important matters as I’m sure you can all understand. If you want to read her story you can check out her caring page at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kelli

But on to FFB. This time of year is very dangerous for fantasy players. Why you may ask? Well the teams who are in the playoffs and do not need any more wins might sit their starters so they are fresh for the playoffs. I would have to assume that is what happen to Barbra. So you all have to careful. But now since all the dust has settle we find The Village Idiots and sfrose in the second annual Last Day of Work Fantasy Foot Ball Super bowl. VI is projected to win, but as sfrose has said those projections don’t amount to a hill of beans. But I have to think I’ll be crowned the champion! ;\)

#113933 - 12/19/07 04:45 AM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

My best wishes to your wife and family. I understand that priorities need to be made about what is most important.

The LDW Fantasy Football Superball is actually between the Village Idiots and Mysti's Marvels. It may be a close game, but as you said, people may be in for surprises as some teams decide to rest their stars.

However, many of the low scores from Sunday were due to the bad weather. The Patriots won again, but as I said Tom Brady just didn't make the connections like he did in previous games. (Instead one of our touchdowns came from the Defensive team, part of the reason why VI got 21 points!) And even though the Pats have earned home advantage through the playoffs, they aren't taking it easy since now they want that "Perfect Season." 16-0, and 3-0 in the playoffs!

My other predictions (not so hard with only Monday's game left) were correct:

Final
(1) Village Idiot's vs. (3) Mysti's Marvels

3rd Place Game
(4) sfrose's rockets vs. (2) Arnie's Anchormen

5th Place Game
(8) Gramma's Gorillas vs. (6) Isolans

7th Place Game
(5) RifsterManiacs vs. (7) Eye's Exterminators

The matchups are all pretty even, so it should be an exciting week. Good Luck everyone!

#113983 - 12/19/07 08:02 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: sfrose]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
LOL, my bad. Yes it is Barbra and I going to the SB!

And thanks for the well wishes, we need lots of prayers right now.

VI

#169765 - 08/28/08 11:29 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

A belated congratulations to the Village Idiots! A well played season. I'm still a bit shocked that I came in third in my first ever Fantasy Football.

Are we going to have a 2008-2009 season, or is it too late to get started?

Page 18 of 18 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter