Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 233 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#8327 - 04/29/05 11:25 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Scarlet834 Offline

I am using a Sony Clie TH55. While the Clie was turned off (but the game not paused) my oldest villager died at apparently the age of 79 (per the stats; he was the oldest I ever had). No new headstone, no remains, no more listing in villager details for the character "Bem", and the screen says I have 43 villagers but I only have details for 42 (I counted). Bem was just gone.

#8328 - 04/29/05 11:36 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Poor Bem. At least he lived a fairly long life!

Depending on the speed of your game, it's possible to have a villager die and decompose while the device is off. If that happened, there wouldn't be a headstone (although you would think that he would have been buried by the other villagers). Strange.

Do you have any babies in your village? Babies are counted on the map screen, but don't have details screens yet.

#8329 - 05/01/05 01:47 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a slightly different situation, I've got a "partially "lost villager! I've had 20 births, and the stranger in the woods joined, so I've had a total of 27 villagers. Because of the timing of the deaths, the max I've ever had at once is 21, which is my current number. The last of my original 6 villagers, Thabo, died at the age of 72, and was being buried. The next oldest villager is 47. In the meantime, I had another couple breeding, which resulted in a birth (no respect for the dead!)

Now, my stats are like this:
Villagers born 20
Villagers buried 5
Oldest villager 72
Max population 21

Current population shows 21, with 5 headstones. Under details, I have 19 villagers (and 2 babies). Thabo does not have a headstone, nor is he in details, but it's *his* age still showing as the oldest villager! He has disappeared, as many others seem to have reported, but he left a little trace, in his age!

I'm using a Zire 71, running from expansion card, 5M free ram.

Valerie

#8330 - 05/01/05 04:04 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
I don't think this is a different problem to the vanishing villagers. My understanding is that the statistics on the oldest villager purely gives the largest age any of your villagers have reached. They may have died many years previously. Your Thabo, may have disappeared while being buried (I have lost a few corpses myself), explaining why there is no headstone, but as he was the eldest so far, hence, his age is still recorded in the stats

#8331 - 05/01/05 12:01 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Moppett Offline

I had a couple of villagers go "indoors" and only one (female) came out. I checked my stats and found that I'd lost a villager. What do you suppose he's doing in there?

#8332 - 05/05/05 06:38 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
melomak Offline

Me too. I finally noticed that I lost a villager, my only other "Adept Builder" when I was dragging her around the "breeding hut" to see if she would Fix the Hut, and she disappeared off screen. When I clicked through the "Details" I discovered that she was no longer there.
I tried to exit and re-enter the game, but no luck. She's gone.

#8333 - 05/10/05 03:53 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had this problem. I have a Tungsten T5. I happened when I dropped a villager onto the big boulder blocking the cave entrance. He vanished and was no longer even listed in my list of villagers and their skills.

#8334 - 05/13/05 07:37 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
If anyone is experiencing the VANISHING VILLAGERS bug, please send me a PM if you would like to test a new experimental version of Village Sim. We have a new build that will hopefully correct this bug.

#8335 - 05/14/05 04:48 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Elefantina Offline

Loc: Switzerland
Hi Arthur,
I had a few disappearing villagers while takin away dead bodies and I had a problem with the golden child, I got the message that he's born but I could never see him ...

Miriam
------------------------------------
I'm using a Tungsten T3, running from expansion card.

#8336 - 05/25/05 02:04 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Gemelle Offline
Consigliere

Loc: California
I also just experience a vanishing villager. It was my Master Doctor. She was burying the first dead body and suddenly she vanished.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter