Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#8267 - 04/20/05 10:04 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Rebecca, your side note is another one of these harmless oddities that we cannot recreate on demand.

Savi

#8268 - 04/20/05 10:11 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
Quote:

Rebecca, your side note is another one of these harmless oddities that we cannot recreate on demand.

Savi

Ah - okay Just wondered if it was me or one of the "weirds" floating around! Like I said, it hasn't effected anything so I don't care - but from my other "testing" type things I do I'm used to mentioning EVERYTHING...hehe...I pick too many details sometimes I guess!

#8269 - 04/20/05 10:16 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Report away Rebecca. We could all be pleasantly surprised and find things that are harmlessly reported....are fixed in an upcoming release

Savi

Edited by treefern (04/20/05 10:17 PM)

#8270 - 04/20/05 10:29 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Thanks for the detail, Rebecca! That last bug you described is a known bug, which is also associated with dead/buried villagers. It's another one of the bugs that will probably go away once Arthur and team solve the underlying bug.

#8271 - 04/21/05 06:05 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
Sounds good!! I expected things to be less than perfect on this initial release so if all that's going on is a villager disappearing and a stupid crash here or there because my music card is funky (posted about that somewhere else...) then no problem!! I still love this game. In fact my little people are running around the island now! I love watchin' them

#8272 - 04/21/05 10:27 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had vanishing villagers - I put one in the cave and they disappeared but I couldnt repeat it. I couldnt work out the cave thing, every time I put someone in it the screen telling me what the cave is flashes up. Will it ever stop ie once every villager has seen the cave?

I have also had sluggish screen problems, my population is 65 so the previous answer may be relevant here.

Could someone let me know whether I should start again because I have level 3 of everything but no builders left and I would rather start again to get the 12th puzzle solved (I have solved all the others).

Great game

Leila Ferguson
leilaferguson@yahoo.co.uk
Zire 71 and Tungsten C

#8273 - 04/21/05 10:30 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Quote:

Could someone let me know whether I should start again because I have level 3 of everything but no builders left and I would rather start again to get the 12th puzzle solved (I have solved all the others).

Great game

Leila Ferguson

I was like you and decided it would be more fun to start over rather then wait for that event to occur, and who was to say it would occur again? I already had it happened once. I'm now on day two of my new game, and trying a little different strategy.

#8274 - 04/21/05 11:25 AM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had this happen with two villagers during times when I was not watching to see specifically what happened. No one had died during the time period of the second disappearance. I am using a Treo 600.

#8275 - 04/21/05 03:40 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

You could "prevent" from loosing your game if you have a SD card or can copy a file from your Palm user directory on the PC..... Just copy VillageSavegame.pdb to a safe location every now and then so you can restore your game from that point if something fails on the game...

#8276 - 04/21/05 05:06 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had two more villagers vanish. They were both men who were 'going indoors'.

Leila Ferguson
Zire 71 and Tungsten C

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter