Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#8257 - 04/20/05 02:21 PM Vanishing Villagers
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
As we turn our attention to the most pressing of the bugs, we are now concerned with disappearing villagers.

There seem to be two ways this is happening: The first is when villagers are taking away dead bodies. Any additional observations regarding this are very welcome--please do include the device you are using and what exactly was happening.

The other way it seems to happen is when certain villagers are dropped on the large rock, or the boulder blocking the cave.

If anyone has experienced this, please check in here with what device you are using as well as any additional details regarding the disappearance!

Thanks!

#8258 - 04/20/05 03:00 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, I just lost one. Villager A died, the first one to die, and one of my other villagers (Villager B) was going to take him to the burial area. Villager C happened to get sick, and I dragged yet another villager (Villager D) on to the sick one. Villager D healed Villager C, then I was dragging her back down to harvest crops, and she disappeared when I dropped her. She no longer shows in the details screen, and my population is one shorter - as if she never existed. I have a Zire 71.

#8259 - 04/20/05 03:05 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Thank you for the information. How many villagers do you have right now?

#8260 - 04/20/05 04:01 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have 12 left at the moment.

#8261 - 04/20/05 08:58 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a Tungsten C. Received a fatal error (I didn't note what type of error) and when I return to the game, 7 or 8 villagers were gone, and two graves were missing. There were 10 dead bodies. The village had the same physical progress, but tech points were different than they were before, too.

#8262 - 04/20/05 09:06 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
That will happen if you've been running your game for very long prior to a crash. The game is saved only when you exit to the launcher or another app, so when you launch Village Sim again after a crash, you will revert to your previous save game (and things are usually drastically different as a result). It's more important to report the exact kind of crash you had - since that's the real bug, and Arthur can only fix it if he knows what kind of crash you had.

#8263 - 04/20/05 09:40 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sony Clie PEG-TJ37

My villagers vanish too. I've only noticed it after they bury the dead. Also, the game has started to run slowly & not respond to my stylus...

#8264 - 04/20/05 09:43 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
The slowness of the game may be to do with the amount of villagers. I have only noticed slugishness with the screen refreshing after I have over 50 villagers.

Are you up to this sort of number yet? (sorry don't know which anonymous you are still!!)

#8265 - 04/20/05 09:47 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have 65 vill, GC, 11/12 puzzles, now game is slow technically & otherwise!

#8266 - 04/20/05 09:58 PM Re: Vanishing Villagers
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
I posted this on another thread but just for housekeeping/ease of tracking..

I have a Tungsten T5 - the game is being run of the internal memory card.

My first villagers died. I dragged a villager over to the "sacred area for the dead" which prompted her to go to the remains and bury them. I kept her highlighted so I could watch but did not move or touch her during this process. She went, got the bodies, brought them back to the burial area, and two headstones popped up. Then I continued watching and she decided to do an "honor the dead" action. She began walking toward the field of flowers and right when she got to the edge of the field she disappeared. My population count did NOT go down, but she was no longer seen in the detail screen.

As an addition to the story, some more villagers just died and I had a villager that wasn't too talented yet go bury them - he buried and went to the field, gathered flowers and put them near the headstones, no disappearing for him!

---

This is a side note to the disappearing villagers - but I've had a few weird "camera" glitches. I'll poke a villager to get them highlighted, move them to an area like the water to fish or cactus to practice medicine - and instead of staying with the villager the "camera" starts panning back to where I picked them up and it says I have them "held" still. I can move back and re-select them with no problem.

Just an oddity to add to the possible "glitches" - though it doesn't seem to make any kind of bad things happen to my game or make people disappear or whatever.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter