Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 20 of 22 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#79261 - 07/11/07 09:59 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: leowomn]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I agree that the burial of villagers seems a little perfunctory. However, I don't think every villager should down tools and go to the funeral as in VV1. I think that, because of the very important child-friendly aspects of the game it is important to LDW that they downplay to a degree deaths in the village.

At the moment a villager will occasionally wander off to pay respects and leave flowers on the graves; you can make them do it my dropping a villager onto the burial ground. In addition, there's an island event when the villagers hold "Ancestor Day" (or similar) when they all visit the graveyard together.

Villagers can and do die of untreated illness and there are a couple of events that can cause a villager to die, such as being bitten by rats or fire ants found in a sack.

When someone sneezes that is usually a signal that a doctor has found and cured a sick villager. They will also sneeze if they are sick and picked up.

I agree, It would be a good idea to have a range of illnesses that the stews could cure, but I don't think people should be made any more sick than they are already.

#79337 - 07/12/07 01:21 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: arnie]
Kriis Offline

My additions to the wish list are more technical than story related.

I would like to be able to toggle between the villages with one button (for instance F1 to get to tribe1 and F2 to get to tribe2) instead of having to go via the main screen. Sometimes seconds count. \:\)

Also I would like to be able to use a sliding scale for the difficulty level of each aspect of village life. For instance a 1-100 slide to tell how hard I want it to be for the villagers to collect food or earn tech points etc. This way I can make a game as easy or as hard as I want (Easy, Medium and Hard is just too generic).

#79342 - 07/12/07 02:34 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: leowomn]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
In VV1, there was a ceremony of sorts when someone died. That was missing in VV2. Please bring that back. It seems so cold not to have something.

I have to agree. My husband and I spend two weeks in Williamburg, Va (it was on of the places we spend our honeymoon two years ago.) One of the newest sites is a working Vriginian farm where you see the lives of a farmer, his slaves and the few free slaves they could hire. The games that the children were taught had another purpose than to keep them busy; one day these children would work in the field and the games they palyed were really teaching tools that taught not only survival skills, but how to work together to keep the family not only together, but alive. I believe that the new VV game should have games for the children to learn how work and be an active part of the community. The collecting of butterflies, pebbles, bugs and shells is a good start.

Edited by MochaJew (07/12/07 02:34 AM)

#79355 - 07/12/07 06:35 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Moi]
Wontolla Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Moi
I would love to see either an event or a stew that made a villager a runner!

Just make sure the stew has enough fiber in it.

I liked the stew idea but liked it a bit less when I saw the 'recipe book' and found that several stews have similar effects. More different effects for VV3 please?
For example, one that makes people hibernate. Nice if you want to put a character 'on ice' for a while, and it could save food too.

#80032 - 07/17/07 08:08 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Wontolla]
Diversity Offline
Expert

Loc: Kentucky
I love the ideas of :

*a longer Research table ( can't see who is who when they pile on top of each other. lol)
* some way to earn animals - especially pets.
* really like the day/night and weather changing ideas
* letting Moms earn extra parenting skill for each child had.
* include some kind of headdress or hats in the clothing hut.

* I also would like to see children look more like their parents more - I know in VV2 they made a start at that - but several times my kiddos look Nothing like either parent. LOL

#80035 - 07/17/07 08:23 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Diversity]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: England, U.K
I don't really like the idea of it turning to nighttime, as i don't want my villagers to sleep!!! I prefer them to be like zombies!

#89575 - 08/26/07 05:01 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: leowomn]
leowomn Offline
Adviser

Had another thought. It may have already been mentioned. Don't want to wade thru all of these to find out.
Include the age of the villager in the detail section at the bottom of the main screen. This would make specific mating go faster instead of switching to the details section to check on someone's age.
Also, since the females now have a menopause age(love that), the men should also. By the time they all reach 50, there should be enough people to continue with the expansion of the population without resorting to the elders. Or at least make the men 55.

#89582 - 08/26/07 06:03 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
virtualmum4 Offline

OK I dont know if anyone has suggested this or not, but I would like to see it easier to navigate through the villagers, such as a list so that it is easier to be able to check the heath and all of the villagers, that way, no lost time. Have two different buttons that say list view or classic view. I know for sure I would LOVE to see both sides of the island come together somehow. Maybe have a fishing dock. And why dont the adults have nature calling? I also think that letting children start at the age of ten be able to harvest the garden would be a great idea. Not the watering or planting, but they could harvest. Maybe have two story huts. The kids can make games and play with objects(in turn giving them some building skills) Maybe having some villagers that have teaching as a skill. Maybe have the elders NOT work. After they hit elderly, they can just kick back and relax.

#89583 - 08/26/07 06:07 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: virtualmum4]
virtualmum4 Offline

Oh one more thing. find a way to distinguish the village elders from the rest of the village. and the elderly. I notice that some elderly have a bit of gray hair, they should have a full head. Maybe a small pond for the children to be able to swim in, not just wade in.

#93890 - 09/08/07 06:40 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Sonnyboy]
Dragoness Offline
Expert

Loc: Silver Springs, NV
This is my first post here, and I can't read all 20 pages right now, so I hope I am not repeating myself but...

My idea is the ability for villagers to build a hut, then you could choose from a list of available stores, shops, or whatever for the hut to become. The different choice could have an impact on how/what order your game plays out. I do see that people have suggested many types of buildings already.

Another suggestion (and maybe there is a way that I am missing?) but make it so you can tell just how long a mother has left to nurse before her child is free to run around. Maybe a progress bar.

larger village, or the ability to travel between both sides of the island.

let the kids go swimming!

on the tombstones, give the reason for death (old age, starvation etc) so we know what we are doing wrong!

"sleep mode" so when you go to bed at night your villagers can still work, just at a slow pace so you run less risk of waking up to the plague or something.

recreation such as an area around the campfire where the village members might gather and sing songs and that sort of thing, perhaps a position of village "shaman" or "story teller" to go with this idea.

I hope my ideas aren;t lame and/or repeats!

Page 20 of 22 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter