Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#78025 - 07/03/07 04:57 PM Funny moments in Virtual Villagers
Hubututududu Offline

I read quite a few funny moments in the "Strange Things Your Villagers Do" thread, but thought I'd make a topic dedicated to plain funny moments in the game. So, what are your funnier moments?

One of them happened to me this morning. I booted up and was immediately greeted with a "locusts have eaten your crops" type message. It said the villagers could only stand by and watch as all the food was consumed.

So I'm thinking "Oh no, they're all going to starve, and I'll have to start all over again!"

Meanwhile, I have 900,000+ food. Don't think I had cause for concern. \:\) Made me laugh.

So share your funnier moments from the game. Some people have mentioned they once saw villagers carrying boulders while their action was "relaxing" or "dancing". \:D

#78028 - 07/03/07 05:01 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Hubututududu]
Sjarko Offline
Trainee

Lol my villager went to fish, he came outta the ocean, with a sharp thingy! I tought what are you doing to your tribe! And also he went to fish, grabbed a sharp thingy while on the way, stood infront of the ocean for a few seconds, then all of a sudden the sharp thingy transformed in a fish, happend 3 times BTW! My villagers probably tried to catch a whale or sumthing.

#78029 - 07/03/07 05:05 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: England, U.K
That also happened to me where the cutting tools magicly transforms into a fish!

#78030 - 07/03/07 05:06 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Actually, they were just spear fishing. \:\)

Once I had two villagers doing laundry at once!
I'm posting a pic of them. If you can't read the caption, it says: "I know we have a sewing hut, but why are they both washing clothes?" LOL \:D

Attachments
1708-wash.jpg

#78044 - 07/03/07 07:02 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Krystal]
kittenangel2001 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania
i had a fire walker, she was ontop of the fire when i loggen into the game and was stuck there! lol.

#78191 - 07/04/07 10:31 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: kittenangel2001]
30Flames3 Offline
Adviser

Loc: .
One time in the game i went on and one my farmers were watering the crops with a baby !lol! what a funny glitch for me

#78195 - 07/04/07 10:47 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: 30Flames3]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
When I turn the game on, particularly if the village is full, I can usually find something to smile at in the ways the villagers get themselves caught. There is almost always one or more kids walking on water somewhere, or stuck up on the roof of a hut. For some reason I'll often find nursing mothers or ordinary villagers trappped behind one of the totems, which I keep stacked on the "diving rock" overlooking the pool. Sometimes I've been playing the game for several minutes before their frantically waving arms and legs catch my eye and I can free them.

#78242 - 07/04/07 04:18 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: arnie]
Hubututududu Offline

Hehe... along the same lines, Arnie, I've logged in to find some villagers "spazzing out" or twitching at an incredible rate of speed, often standing near some structure. Quite amusing!

#78244 - 07/04/07 04:24 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Hubututududu]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

lol somethings our villagers do.

#78261 - 07/04/07 05:20 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Keza132]
Sjarko Offline
Trainee

Hehehe I have a screenie that speaks for itself!

Sum1 tell me if this works, if it doesnt, tell me how it does pl0x!

Hmm, changed should work now!

Attachments
1718-naamloos.JPG

Edited by Sjarko (07/04/07 05:22 PM)

#78265 - 07/04/07 05:42 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

lol very funny!

#78322 - 07/05/07 12:06 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
whenever my kids play tag by the hospital, the one that's "it" ALWAYS wanders off and gets stuck to the left of the love shack

#78391 - 07/05/07 03:20 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

Loc: PA
I have a villager who loves her laundry that she would not part with it. She went to the research hut, got her basket, washed her items, then deceided to go swimming, (launry in hand) and jumped into the pond. She left the pond (laundry in hand) and went to fix a hut. It was funny watching her fix the hut with her basket in the way. The she proceeded to got to the research table upon arrival the basket disappeared.

#78399 - 07/05/07 04:01 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Amaya's village]
Hubututududu Offline

Originally Posted By: Amaya's village
I have a villager who loves her laundry that she would not part with it. She went to the research hut, got her basket, washed her items, then deceided to go swimming, (launry in hand) and jumped into the pond. She left the pond (laundry in hand) and went to fix a hut. It was funny watching her fix the hut with her basket in the way. The she proceeded to got to the research table upon arrival the basket disappeared.

LOL, funny!

Very funny pic, Sjarko! \:D

#78524 - 07/06/07 09:04 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Jazzo]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Originally Posted By: Jazzo
whenever my kids play tag by the hospital, the one that's "it" ALWAYS wanders off and gets stuck to the left of the love shack

Mine too. And, when the building of the hut is not finish, the kid runs across the hut's foundations and...runs back with the others!!

#78577 - 07/06/07 06:31 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: laurence]
Lemon Curry Offline
Trainee

Hopefully this picture speaks for itself. I think the look from the man speaks volumes.

Attachments
1739-that'snotafish.JPG

#78603 - 07/06/07 08:39 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Lemon Curry]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
does the action say fishing? She might just be nursing in the fishing line.

#78609 - 07/06/07 08:52 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Jazzo]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

I think she might just be nursing in the fishing line like you suggested Jazza.

Unless that villager has discovered new fish. ;\)

#78656 - 07/06/07 11:45 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Keza132]
Lemon Curry Offline
Trainee

yes, she's nursing in the fishing line, but I think her position in the line, and the funny look the guy is giving her insinuates that she's trying to sneak in the baby as a fish.

#78657 - 07/06/07 11:54 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Keza132]
FishyFrances Offline
Adviser

I always thought this guy would be less lonely if he gave up his water fetish....

#78799 - 07/07/07 11:56 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Drea Offline
Trainee

Along the lines of a firewalker, I was restarting the fire. The villagers were using the path through the fire pit to get materials for a hut. I started a the villager passing jumped, dropped what he was holding. It was so funny. That was the first time now I try to make that happen again.

Is that mean of me?.

#78802 - 07/08/07 12:15 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Lemon Curry]
Diversity Offline
Expert

Loc: Kentucky
LOL
Cute One !

Originally Posted By: Lemon Curry
yes, she's nursing in the fishing line, but I think her position in the line, and the funny look the guy is giving her insinuates that she's trying to sneak in the baby as a fish.

#78877 - 07/08/07 12:42 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Diversity]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

So long as she didn't leave the baby in the food bin when she reached the end of the line! ;\)

#78918 - 07/08/07 09:10 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: FishyFrances]
Diversity Offline
Expert

LOL
Very True!
hahaha

Originally Posted By: FishyFrances
I always thought this guy would be less lonely if he gave up his water fetish....

#78977 - 07/09/07 10:24 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Diversity]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Is it the bowl that receives his tears? there is a lot!!!

#79012 - 07/09/07 01:21 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: laurence]
Hibernate019 Offline

Past days, one of the pregnant woman (in VV2) became sick and the baby turned into a bowl! \:D

#93234 - 09/06/07 05:53 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: 30Flames3]
Zaratu Offline

I just had a female villager eating her laundry. She was actually stuck at the dam, holding her laundry, but the notation said "eating". I've also had villagers stuck in the hospital saying "eating" -- I guess most hospitals do have a cafeteria!

#93334 - 09/06/07 08:43 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Zaratu]
Antiragweed Offline
Adviser

Loc: Island of Isola
I've had a couple of funny things happen. A day or so ago I had one male villager kissing 3 women at the same time, and they would all go into the love shack together!! Then today, that same guy was "embracing" a Female Villager (FV#1) who had been fixing a hut. The female villager (FV#2) right next to her was also fixing a hut, but when the male villager closed in on FV#1, FV#2 took off ("running away") as if to say - "I WANT NO PART OF THIS NASTINESS!!" I roared with laughter thinking, good girl. LOL @ That guy - no matter what, he's always kissin' some poor girl.

Oh - and today I had a villager doing a rain dance. That was kind of cute though! \:D

Edited by Antiragweed (09/06/07 08:46 PM)

#93799 - 09/08/07 12:37 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
Originally Posted By: Sjarko
Lol my villager went to fish, he came outta the ocean, with a sharp thingy! I tought what are you doing to your tribe! And also he went to fish, grabbed a sharp thingy while on the way, stood infront of the ocean for a few seconds, then all of a sudden the sharp thingy transformed in a fish, happend 3 times BTW! My villagers probably tried to catch a whale or sumthing.

That happened to me as well

#93809 - 09/08/07 12:51 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Lailai]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
Today all my villagers are sick. I want to master a villarger's healing skill so I let her heal all the villagers but who will heal her?

#93882 - 09/08/07 05:53 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Lailai]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

You may grab a kid to heal your doctor. At the beginning he says no but if you insist he'll be able to do it!

(PS: I love your penguin avatar!! \:\) )

#94037 - 09/08/07 05:07 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Hibernate019]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: Hibernate019
Past days, one of the pregnant woman (in VV2) became sick and the baby turned into a bowl! \:D

she was hallucinating! you were seeing what she was seeing!

#98750 - 09/25/07 07:53 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

Loc: MA
Villagers have learned how to fish with a fishing pole ... don't know why, but some have decided to stand at the shore instead of getting their feet wet ... LOL ...

Also, as well as catching fish, they can find CRABS! It is now regular part of the teaching of children in my tribe -- many times I have seen a crab brought forth from the science hut by a teacher to show the children.

Some of the funniest moments is when I saw someone teaching ... to NO ONE!! just wandering around with the message "teaching" ...

Also, one of my villagers, set to healer, walked into the OCEAN with a basket of clothes, and came out with a fish. Trying to do two things at once I guess!!

I've also had a male villager set to parenting go and kiss two or three ladies, and they all proceed to the lovely hut together LOL ;\)

#98979 - 09/26/07 07:26 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rainbowlady333]
Damballah Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Somewhere in time....
Several of my villagers always get caught between the hut above and to the left of the hospital and the sewing hut while exercizing. They always are carrying rocks with them, rushing back and forth until they are "rescued". Sometimes when the children gather in ranks near the science hut it will say something like "Attending Lessons", but rarely is there a teacher present. The teaching seems to take place while someone is wandering about the place, and no one seems to be listening. Must be frustrating...but that's usually the case...ask a teacher! \:D

#99111 - 09/26/07 11:00 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Damballah]
Diversity Offline
Expert

Mine take spells where they will be prasing, telling a joke, chatting or or whatever and walk up sideways on the cliff above the pond and then walk off it getting "caught hanging there" in mid air trying to walk and still doing what ever it was they were doing.

#99262 - 09/27/07 10:56 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Diversity]
cindy_boowitch Offline

Loc: Vermont
left mine on all nite, we i got to it this morning Safari walked into the babies hut by herself and came out with a kid.

then i noticed my population was up 4 kids all with different mothers

wonder if that was happening all nite

#99334 - 09/27/07 07:45 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: cindy_boowitch]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

I've found more than a few who have chosen to complain to one of the totems ... don't know how they decided which one to go to unless it is in the correct position, but it is always the same totem ... what did that EE (who has since passed away) do to deserve their frustrational vents? LOL

#99731 - 09/29/07 03:15 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rainbowlady333]
Damballah Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Somewhere in time....
I often wonder why farmers carry laundry into the sea, scientists take it to the lab table, and some just wander down the beach with it in hand, and sit down and "relax at the beach".

#102872 - 10/14/07 03:37 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Lailai]
poottersmama Offline
Expert

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
They are spear fishing!

#115636 - 01/06/08 04:02 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Hibernate019]
BronL Offline

I just had the same thing happen - sick nursing woman holding a bowl of food. I thought "no argument here!" Then when she was healed, hey presto! the food turned back into a baby.

#115648 - 01/06/08 05:40 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
My villagers got stuck in the woodpile once.
And a villager improved at healing a dead person!

Oh and also a kid got a shell and put it in the research hut, but i never saw it again. I guess is bad luck.
I keep putting my kids on collectables and they don't see them.

at the useless villagers who give up hope and stop working

Edited by LadyCFII (01/06/08 02:26 PM)

#116387 - 01/12/08 05:44 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: FishyFrances]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I tabbed over to my game, and I look up to see Akio going indoors with Bes AND Thema. They were just rounding the corner into the hut. They go indoors, and Bes comes out first, then Akio - "Running Away". I just about died laughing.

#116399 - 01/12/08 09:35 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: eyeshigh]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

Just today I had a funny experience as well with the "lovely hut" ... one of my builders hustled to it and went inside ... with no one else!! I heard the kiss, tried to find out who was going, and I couldn't find his partner anywhere!!! I thought maybe it was one of my elder ladies even if I didn't have them set directly on parenting, and are pretty slow getting there, but they still frequent the hut occasionally -- but no one came!!

Genetic wise, two of my villagers, both blonde, the male with curly blond hair, and the woman with coiffed blonde hair, gave birth to triplet boys, all with black hair, and all wearing the same outfits. Hmmm ... is he the STEPdad? LOL

#116652 - 01/14/08 05:50 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rainbowlady333]
hurrihottie Offline
Expert

i had one of my nursing moms....in her pic was carrying a fish...then the fish turned bk into a baby..lol

#116654 - 01/14/08 07:29 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: hurrihottie]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

I got the dragonfly event --- shooed them off and got attacked by mosquitors ... oooh lots of healing practice for the healers when people got sick ... funny thing though ... there were CHILDREN FOLLOWING ALONGSIDE THE HEALERS .... and the message on them when clicked on was "LEARNING LESSONS!!!"

Anybody got that one yet? I haven't seen a post.

Also, I find it amusing when they go and complain, argue, or praise ... always they walk fast, and always to a totem!! Particularly, the ones I have set at the top of the hospital. Does it matter what the totem is? I think it is the red one with its tongue out I see them at. Who are they talking TO? The ancestors? LOL

Also, during an event that requires healing, I find my healers pacing back and forth ON TOP of the hospital, not below it where all the sick villagers go ... sometimes I have to move them to the front (but not TOO close, or else they'll start trying to "fix the hut" LOL).

#116662 - 01/14/08 10:41 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rainbowlady333]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Rainbowlady333
I got the dragonfly event --- shooed them off and got attacked by mosquitors ... oooh lots of healing practice for the healers when people got sick ... funny thing though ... there were CHILDREN FOLLOWING ALONGSIDE THE HEALERS .... and the message on them when clicked on was "LEARNING LESSONS!!!"
I think it's because your doctor was "teaching children" in spite of "healing" them when you put him near a kid!! \:D
Originally Posted By: Rainbowlady333
Also, during an event that requires healing, I find my healers pacing back and forth ON TOP of the hospital, not below it where all the sick villagers go ... sometimes I have to move them to the front (but not TOO close, or else they'll start trying to "fix the hut" LOL).
Yes, there is "glitch" here! The doctors and also the builders got stuck on the top of the hospital!!

#116668 - 01/14/08 04:48 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: laurence]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
I;ve had a "Nursing of the Dead" Dead woman still nursing \:D

I lost the screen shot tho

#116670 - 01/14/08 04:51 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rainbowlady333]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
there were CHILDREN FOLLOWING ALONGSIDE THE HEALERS .... and the message on them when clicked on was "LEARNING LESSONS!!!"

If you accidentally dropped a healer with at least adept parenting skills on a kid who wasn't sick, or had just been healed, they'd have started to teach them and a number of kids would have have gathered for the lesson. If you interrupted the healer by dropping him/her on another villager to carry on healing, the kids would still be "learning", even though no-one was doing any teaching. \:D

#116672 - 01/14/08 05:42 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: laurence]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
RE: Kids & healing
You can quite easily teach the children to heal, in both VV-1 & VV-2! Just drop them onto any sick villager and they'll do their stuff! You might have to drop them a couple of times till they get the idea!

#116687 - 01/14/08 07:20 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: swedane]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Any villager, of any age, can heal (apart from the nursing mothers). Also, even if a villager is sick they can still heal another villager. I've found that useful when I've had an epidemic caused by an event or the gong. Often the doctor/s are sick as well so I'll grab the nearest villager to heal the doctor first, then the doctor can return the compliment.

#116690 - 01/14/08 08:24 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: arnie]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I found that children can heal when all the villagers got sick except one child and I tried putting him/her onto a sick villager. then he/she shaking head say nope in adult voice so I put him/her on the sick villager and he/she healed the villager. So now I always use children to heal, so they get to be master doctors. More so when I have a dead parot event.

#116746 - 01/15/08 06:35 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Annthewhofan]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

I don't think I explained it completely when I said the children were following along with the healers ... it wasn't that the healers were teaching ... they were actively going around healing people near the hospital ... teaching is usually done in the middle of the village near the fire, these kids were actually walking with the healers down to the hospital, and when I clicked on the healers, it said healing, and when I clicked onto the kids going along with them, it said "learning lessons" ... lol Looks like I had some young apprentices learning already, but I had never see this happen before!!

And yes, I found out quite by accident that kids could heal, and that everyone else could too even if they weren't set to healing as a life career. Personally, I think it is good for everyone to have a little healing skill to keep things in balance.

#116756 - 01/15/08 10:07 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rainbowlady333]
Robert1220 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: At the SB.
when my tribe "StylaX" was first opened, i started and i said OMGNESS! WHY ARE YOU THERE?? as i saw a child stuck at the fire \:D \:D

#116769 - 01/15/08 04:19 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Robert1220]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

I've had a few of my villagers get stuck in the fire. Usually happens when my fire has gone out and someone is just restarting the fire.

Sometimes I even watch them do this to themselves and think... "What, can't you tell that someone was trying to start a fire here? Serves you right."

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#116773 - 01/15/08 04:44 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: arnie]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Yes, thanks, Arnie, It took me a while before I figured that out!

#120940 - 02/25/08 05:46 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: BronL]
Deejay435 Offline

I have a voyeur villager. This morning when I turned it on, a coupe was heading for the love shack, which one of the builders was examining at the time. She got up to let them in, then was back on her hands and knees at the door. It looked so much like she was peeking. I wish I had thought fast enough to grab a screenshot, but it was early and I was too busy laughing.

#120959 - 02/25/08 10:07 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Deejay435]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

LOL!
I'm also a little bit embarrassed when I send a couple of villagers in the love-hut while builders are still repairing it!

#120963 - 02/25/08 01:43 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: laurence]
Britney Offline
Master

Loc: Tumblr
lol
well,one time,i had the carriing boulder thing while relaxing happen to my villagers.

Edited by Britney Brit (02/25/08 01:44 PM)

#121118 - 02/26/08 10:41 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Sjarko]
shemee Offline
Adviser

Loc: Somerset, KY
I had one little boy that was always stuck in the middle of the ocean. Since he grew up I haven't seen another child out there but a lot on the roofs!

I also had one male and female adult stuck behind the totem near the love shack. Personally I think they were making out
\:\)

#121119 - 02/26/08 10:52 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rainbowlady333]
shemee Offline
Adviser

Loc: Somerset, KY
I noticed that all the complaining, joke telling etc is to a totem so I went to investigate which totem. It was Kiti, the eldest woman and the first woman on the game (that came over the falls) So I moved the totem next to the pond so they didn't have to walk all the way down to the bottom of the screen (I keep the totems near the love shack)

#121121 - 02/26/08 11:26 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: shemee]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
I had one little boy that was always stuck in the middle of the ocean. Since he grew up I haven't seen another child out there but a lot on the roofs!

When I start the game there's almost always several kids stuck in the ocean, and often some in the pond underneath the waterfall, as well. I expect as your population grows you'll start seeing more caught there, too.

I don't so often see them stuck on the roofs. I do remember one time though when I'd just started a new game and the first hut got to 50% and sprouted the framework. It caught both builders and the farmer who was passing with a fish. That was all three of my adult villagers stuck!

#121211 - 02/27/08 12:44 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: arnie]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

Gee, I've never seen kids stuck like THAT before ... the only things I see are them sometimes going in tight small circles near the fire ... gets me dizzy.

Another "sticking point" is when there is an event with sickness involved, and all the Doctors are walking back and forth in back of the hospital, instead of going down to heal the sick in the front. Or, near the sacred burial ground when they are honoring the dead ... there is a spot over on the right above the waterfall where, if they are walking in a particular programmed path, a few of them get caught in a "loop" just walking back and forth until I have to manually move them.

#121537 - 02/29/08 09:00 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rainbowlady333]
Rachel =] Offline
Adviser

What scientists?!?!?!

#121612 - 03/01/08 04:02 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rachel =]]
computer3gold Offline
Trainee

Loc: Colorado
that's funny

You know you want to!

#121620 - 03/01/08 04:23 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: computer3gold]
Aussie Katie Offline

Loc: Victoria, Australia
I had one villager who didn't like swimming, so I would put hime in the water to see hum freak and run away.

I had another villager who didn't like crowds so would never celebrate when I discovered a puzzle. That's just rude! lol.

#121708 - 03/01/08 10:37 PM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Aussie Katie]
Rachel =] Offline
Adviser

Heh heh

#121719 - 03/02/08 12:18 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Rachel =]]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I have children stuck on the roof and it is always the same hut when I start the game each time. Also had 3 kids in the sea at the same time.

#121936 - 03/03/08 05:42 AM Re: Funny moments in Virtual Villagers [Re: Annthewhofan]
Foxygrl Offline

Loc: USA California
My village died off and I only had 2 women left and one of them went into the love shack this morning with the message going indoors. She didn't come out with a baby but the minute she came out I got the barrel of babies and Got a baby boy funny how things turn out.

He became chief of the Fallen tribe at age 3. He was the first chief. We thrived and prospered under his long and just rule. He died at age 79 after having watched the completion of his tribe. We will never forget you.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter