Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#76776 - 06/19/07 08:00 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Drea]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: England, U.K
Speed kissing is where u constantly drop a villager on another villager to gain parenting skill.

#76777 - 06/19/07 08:14 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: QuickStorm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I don't think there's a specific gong event, but there is the "gives knowledge" one, which makes the villager a master in a skill. The only times I've seen it for certain, the villager has become a master in either research or parenting. It may of course make some villagers masters in other skills; I've just not seen it happen.

#76779 - 06/19/07 08:29 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: arnie]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

i've had it make a villager master in farming and building but not healing.

Edited by keza ere 07 (06/19/07 08:29 PM)

#76986 - 06/22/07 03:24 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Drea]
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

Loc: PA
Arnie and quickstorm -thanks for your help
I have another few question and spend a lot of time searching the forums but did not find the answer - apologize if I miss it.

I have level three medicine and my people still die at the age of 75 to 78 sometimes younger...(even with the healthy stew) Am I missing a tech to improve their life span. I only have to buy level three culture and exploration. I did put them on half speed hoping I could get an answer before more pass away.

Also my population went up twice to two different couple but no baby - is this a computer glitch?

And I have mother washing their babies at the fire or anywhere- never had this happen until I had an tech problewm with my first game and had to completely uninstall and reinstall I beleive I read from Lady CFII that is might be a computer glitch - please let me know if I am wrong - any way to correct it?

Thanks again . Love V V 2 and am going to buy V V 1 really soon. These forums are a wonderful way to get to know each other and get qestu=ions answered - a great help : ) for us newbies

#76987 - 06/22/07 03:58 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Amaya's village]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
The "no baby" is probably just the game failing to update the graphics. Happens all the time to me if I didn't let them go into the hut. Exit the game and restart it, and the baby will be there. Or, if you have another tribe, try going to that tribe and then coming back, because that sometimes fixes it. Or you could just wait. The baby will appear eventually, usually after the mother does something like swimming, etc. You could try throwing the mother into the ocean or pond, although that doesn't always work.

#76989 - 06/22/07 04:04 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
The opposite happens, too. The baby is 2 years old and running around, but the mother is still washing it or changing it. \:\)

#76990 - 06/22/07 04:09 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Amaya's village]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Around 75 and just over seems to be the normal lifespan of the villagers with all the tech levels, just as it is in real life (in the developed world, anyway). A few will probably live longer, again just as in RL.
Quote:
my population went up twice to two different couple but no baby
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean here. How do you know the baby was these particular villagers', perhaps another mother had a baby just at that moment? Does the fact that she is nursing appear in the mother's details?

Don't forget the action line changes as soon as a villager decides on a course of action. The mother may have decided to wash her baby, but not have started off to the stream yet. You'll often see these seemingly contradictory actions, such as farmers who have given up fishing in the ocean and decided to enjoy the pond instead showing the "enjoying the pond" line while they are still swimming to the ocean shore. Barbara can give a better answer than I can, but I doubt this has any connection with having to reinstall.

#76998 - 06/22/07 05:02 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: arnie]
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

I was breeding one couple and the population count went up and they disappeard into the "love shack" she came out and I expected to see a baby - but there was none! I tried breeding them again - this time the count went up again and after she reappearing from the "love shack" she a one baby in hand. This happened to another couple also.(I thought maybe a twin glitch since I have not been lucky enough to have any this game) I keep a close count of my villagers (even who breeds with who - its like they are married-and the name of their offspring) and though the count is up I am two villagers short !! I did nothing to the computer after all the warning about the clock and those who timed warped I am extremely careful.

Thanks for letting me know the life span - I have read about villagers reaching 100 but I guess that is just luck. - I mistakenly thought they would live to be in their 80's after level 3 medicine

Tuna puzzler I am going to exit and restart the game to see if that helps but thes women already have another baby so we will see.

#77003 - 06/22/07 05:08 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Amaya's village]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

It took a while for my villager to live to 84 is it just luck. Some villagers are built stronger than others \:\)

#77267 - 06/25/07 02:48 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Keza132]
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

Couple of questions on master parents:
Is there a certain number of times you should breed a women before the age of 50 to become a master parent?
Is there a certian method to use for going indoors (kissing method) and teaching the children after the age of 50 to improve parenting?

Just an update on my baby problem -
I mentioned that the population went up when I bred a couple but no baby appeared -I tried all the suggestions given above but nothing worked - well the baby appeared out of nowhere at the age of two - I call her "mystery child"- maybe she will be an elder: )

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter