Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#76622 - 06/18/07 03:35 PM Cant make elders :(
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

Loc: PA
I do not want to make more babies and have women over 50 who are adapt parents - how do I make them masters because it the only thing they need to be an elder. Yes, I tried mating them for a long time but their bar NEVER moved. Also I had the "leader" of my tribe so close to becoming an elder the only thing he needed was more building I kept puting him back to repair the huts but I never succeeded - he died - any suggestion once everything is cleared and built because I have another villager in the same position? Also how do you make a master doctor? My villager is moved occassionally to studying the herbs, fixing the stew, and healing everyone who sick, I even had an illness but she still is at adept -- uggh!

I know these are a lot of questins but any help would be appreciated. Thanks :-)

Edited by LadyCFII (06/18/07 04:04 PM)

#76629 - 06/18/07 04:30 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Amaya's village]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Parents -- you can have them teach or read to your children; you can have them speed kiss.

Doctors -- you can make a stew that makes people sick and your "doctor" can heal them.

Builders -- you can make a stew that will make them want to exercise. If they are successful, they will gain in building experience.

It takes time, I know it gets to you at times, but keep with it and you will have your masters.

#76658 - 06/18/07 08:28 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Amaya's village]
zippie Offline
Expert

As far as the women over 50, in the game they can't have children anymore, even though in real life a woman can. A 60 year old woman just had twins, so why these little villagers can't have babies past this age baffles me. But, I digress. Just click them on parenting and they will be masters before too long. I know, the blue tube seems to get stuck forever without moving, very frustating.

As to master doctors, I have given up. I hate making everyone sick with the stew \:\(

#76665 - 06/18/07 09:11 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: zippie]
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
The difficulty with doctors is that as they go around studying the different strange plants, they easily get stuck in one of the sticky patches and need rescue. That tends to hold up their advancement.

I think it's mostly doctors that get stuck.

#76713 - 06/19/07 10:52 AM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: cnm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
they easily get stuck in one of the sticky patches and need rescue. That tends to hold up their advancement.

This only happens while the game is open. When the game is closed they have no trouble.

#76724 - 06/19/07 01:37 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: arnie]
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

Thanks for all the suggestions.
how do you have a adept parent you want to become a master parent teach the children?

As for my vilager she passed before I could make her an elder even with the speed kissing. She was my favorite and I grieved for her - I know silly over a game but I cared for her and she was always busy -never seemed to take time for the pond or any type of loafing off

#76732 - 06/19/07 03:05 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Amaya's village]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
To teach the children, just drop an adept parent on one of the kids. They will all (well, mostly) gather in a group just to the right of the fire. The parent will go to the science hut, pick out an object (fish, basket of laundry, clump of grass, etc), go and stand in front of the children, and deliver a lecture on it. Provided they succeed in keeping the kids' attention, they will gain parenting skill.

Similarly, villagers who are not at adept level in parenting, when dropped on a kid, will start telling a story to a smaller group of children. They, too, will gain parenting skills if successful.

#76743 - 06/19/07 05:06 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: arnie]
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

Thanks Arnie \:\) you have been a great help - I will try that when I get home from work.

#76771 - 06/19/07 07:50 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: Amaya's village]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Amaya, sorry about your villager. Do you have your game set at 1/2 speed? If not, this will slow down time so they don't age as fast.

Also, FYI, there is an event that gives a child parenting skills.

Arnie, correct me if I'm wrong; but, isn't there a gong event that gets you a master parent.

#76773 - 06/19/07 07:57 PM Re: Cant make elders :( [Re: QuickStorm]
Drea Offline
Trainee

What is speed kissing?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter