Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#75593 - 06/11/07 05:33 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: LadyCFII]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

LOL... Good luck. The ISP I signed up for (way back when) wanted a screen name and suggested I use things like my initials or a childhood nickname. I did that. I used both. Now the nickname I had as a child was ONLY used in the family and to this day, nobody esp. my parent can tell me why they used to call me that. That's all I will say.

ADDITION:
OK, I thought about it. I guess since I brought it up I ought to be man enough to stand up and not be a coward. We are amongst friends here, right?
Well my immediate family and one Aunt used to call me Boobies. Like I said, I don't know why and it seems that nobody can recall why they used it. So my whole screen name was mwsboobies. It was available. Imagine that. But also like I said, when I was out in the internet public... you can imagine the questions and comments I got.

Edited by Gamemastr1 (06/11/07 05:55 PM)

#75594 - 06/11/07 05:33 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
My name is Elayne. My husband and I are Sephardic Jews (I'm Moroccon, he's Syian) and one of his petnames for me is Mocha. I just combined the two 8\)

#75596 - 06/11/07 05:38 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Gamemastr1]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
I had that same problem with my very first screen name. I am a worship leader and I teach dance. Since my name is Elayne and I dance for G-d's glory, I chose the name EGloryDancer. Several months later I recieved a report that my name had been hijacked and it was appearing as "InHerGloryDancer" on some very intreresting sites. Needless to say I got rid of that name quicky.

Edited by MochaJew (06/11/07 10:13 PM)

#75600 - 06/11/07 05:55 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: MochaJew]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
I chose the name Krystal because it is the name I use when I write. It's my pseudonym!

#75602 - 06/11/07 06:07 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Gamemastr1]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
ooh, i can imagine Gamemastr, and I do beleive you made a wise choice in changing the moniker!

#75608 - 06/11/07 06:19 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Gamemastr1]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Oh, thank you for reconsidering! Yes, we're all family here and nobody will make you regret sharing that (or I'll make them regret making you regret it)! hahahahahahah

P.S. I agree that Gamemastr1 is a better choice of screen name, even back then!

#75610 - 06/11/07 06:21 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: eyeshigh]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
LadyCFII, you just had to ask, now didn't you! hehehe

Gamemastr, yes you're amongest friends, so don't get up set if I (ummm, I mean someone) gives you some ribbing on that. hehehe, just kidding of course. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by TheVillageIdiot (06/11/07 06:22 PM)

#75612 - 06/11/07 06:24 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Tmac]
fltmarch99 Offline

I didn't choose my nickname it was chosen for me, when I was in Marching band I played the flute and my dot on the dot matrix was 99 all four years after being refered to fltmarch99 for four years it kind of sticks.

#75617 - 06/11/07 06:39 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: eyeshigh]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Originally Posted By: eyeshigh
well, if yah care, eyeshigh is actually a comic book character from my very favorites comic book ever

she only appears in like 3 pages tho, lol but she is very very important

Well of course I care. If I didn't I wouldn't have asked. ;\)

So, what comic book is that from?

#75619 - 06/11/07 06:43 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: LadyCFII]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII

While I was working as a flight instructor/charter pilot (yes, I have a license for multi-engine aircraft, as well), my Virginia license plate was LadyCFII. So, I use that for my display name, too. \:\)

That is cool, but if I remember correctly, was it not LadyCFI before? For some reason I thought you only one I for the longest time.

Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter