Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 168 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#75532 - 06/11/07 02:34 PM Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname?
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
With LadyCFII recently telling us what CFII meant, I thought it would be a good ideal for peeps to share how and what meaning their NIC's mean. Here is mine.

VillageIdiot came about from to different forks if you will. It all started several years ago on a youth mission trip. Knowing the youth pop culture I’ve memorized as many quotes from movies that kids can relate to. One of the most popular at the time was Napoleon Dynamite with “Flipp’n Idiot” which I apparently used to much during the trip, so they nicked name me “The Flipp’n Idiot.” LOL So when I joined Last Day of Work’s forum after getting the palm game Village Sim I decided a good user name for the board would be TheVillageIdiot. Up to that time I’ve used a lot of different user names, all associated with the particular board, but figured I would just simplify things and stick to one. Before that time I did however have another that I liked, “Worb” and still use that on a few as well as IM. I always had a running bet with the youth, if they could figure out what it meant I would buy them dinner. At this time I have not had to pay up.

#75563 - 06/11/07 03:48 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
she did?!?!?! and i missed it

*sobs*

well, if yah care, eyeshigh is actually a comic book character from my very favorites comic book ever

she only appears in like 3 pages tho, lol but she is very very important

#75565 - 06/11/07 03:58 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: eyeshigh]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
This is a neat thread.

QuickStorm came from way back when there was dialup. After I got a new computer, I was always being booted from a game site that I frequented. One of the guys said that I was like a quick storm no sooner here then I was gone.

We all had a good laugh over it; then I started using it as a joke but it seem to stick. So, over the years, I used it many times and, for me, it is easy to remember.

I really don't mind the name except when Warren keeps referring to me as a he. \:\)

#75566 - 06/11/07 03:58 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: eyeshigh]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
OK - just so you don't miss anything, this is what I said in the Fan Art forum:
Quote:
As much as I like SciFi, my display name doesn't have anything to do with science fiction. It's an aviation term that stands for Certified Flight Instructor - Instrument (CFII). My dad was a pilot and flight instructor, and I followed in his footsteps. I've been in and around airplanes since I was 2 months old. \:\)

While I was working as a flight instructor/charter pilot (yes, I have a license for multi-engine aircraft, as well), my Virginia license plate was LadyCFII. So, I use that for my display name, too. \:\)

#75570 - 06/11/07 04:15 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Barbara, that is so cool. Hmmm, if you're ever flying off to somewhere ........

Edited by QuickStorm (06/11/07 04:15 PM)

#75584 - 06/11/07 04:58 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: QuickStorm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
My real name is Alan Palmer - A Palmer. When I was at school the top golfer of the day was Arnold Palmer, so my schoolfriends nicknamed me Arnie. Many even thought that it was my real name as my real first name begins with A.

About ten years ago, when I first started posting to newsgroups, I needed a nickname, and arnie came to mind. ;\) I've used it regularly ever since.

#75587 - 06/11/07 05:23 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: eyeshigh]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
she did?!?!?! and i missed it

*sobs*

So did I \:\(

#75588 - 06/11/07 05:23 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: arnie]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

My story isn't so interesting but here it is. Turning the "Way Back Machine" to when the internet was not just at Berkley but in everyones home, I got on the boat. I picked a screen name that turned out to be a huge hassle since at the time I didn't realize the significance a screen name would have. That screen name unfortunately is still following me due to certain accounts I made at the time.
Well, I found this particular site that allowed me to play free games with other users from around the world. Now I am very proficient in Backgammon. I would play that for hours. There were 2 problems. 1) My screen name caused more questions and ridicule than I could handle. 2) After awhile I found myself explaining the game to every dang newbie who signed on and wanted to know backgammon. This was irritating when all I wanted to do was to play a good game with little or no conversation. So I came up with Gamemastr1 as an itimidating name to keep the newbies away as much as possible. I of course wanted just Gamemaster (with the "E") but it was taken. I took me a few tries to find this one. There's my story. It is nothing more than an intimidation tactic and for the most part it works well. I get more quality games and actually find people I have a hard time beating. I guess they pay homage to the dice gods more than I do. \:\(

#75591 - 06/11/07 05:31 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Gamemastr1]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
But...but...but we wanna know what the other name was, too!

#75592 - 06/11/07 05:32 PM Re: Discussion: Why did you choose your nickname? [Re: Gamemastr1]
Tmac Offline
Master

tmac is just part of my name, tracey and the mac is for a scot/irish last name i got from my hubby.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter