Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 320 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#73588 - 05/23/07 09:33 PM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: zippie]
SharonG Offline
Trainee

The builders won't fix huts until the thing on the beach is uncovered. And if you take a master scientist and put them on farming, then that is what they will continue doing, even though you haven't checked that skill.

That actually isn't exactly true.

If you put a scientist on farming, sometimes they will continue to farm for a while but most of the time they go back to researching.

And the builders will fix the huts even if the crate is not opened yet.

Sharon

Edited by SharonG (05/23/07 09:35 PM)

#73607 - 05/23/07 11:57 PM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: SharonG]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

zippie, you said that I shouldn't get so defensive. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but when you say that you are "mad" by using the icon, and then complain about the bugs and everything else that you find wrong with the game, I'm entitled to my opinion to defend the LDW developers.

It happens that I agree with many of the things you are saying, I just don't feel that the programmers should be put down because there are bugs in the game, or that they won't fix things that you feel should be fixed.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#73639 - 05/24/07 11:50 AM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: sfrose]
LJR Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
I am sure that others have noticed that you can get a jump on getting a Master Doctor by having children heal. I have got several to trainee doctor before they turn 14. A couple had the preference for it, but at least one was just the closest person when I noticed someone was ill.

#73679 - 05/24/07 05:52 PM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: LJR]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Since this is a topic about the plants, I would like to say that the picture of the herbs in the guide is incorrect in one aspect. They picture the white herb incorrectly. They enlarge and outline a piece of rock. The herb itself is a little below that, and it sorta looks like a peacock feather.

#73705 - 05/25/07 12:00 AM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: zippie]
tess Offline
Adviser

Loc: West Coast
I can tell you for a fact that I have had several Master Doctors that I have not done anything to create. When your tribe gets large, the puzzles are mostly solved, etc., you'll find that you'll get Master Doctors, Master Researchers, Master Builders, Master Farmers that really motivate themselves. At the same time, you'll also end up with 70 year olds with absolutely not skill one after all that time unless you bully them into it.

So, I'm quite confident that there is no automatic programming that turns off Adept Doctors ability to self-teach.

Tess

#73721 - 05/25/07 06:03 AM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: LadyCFII]
zippie Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Actually, zippie, I think it did answer your question. You asked why the villagers were programmed to stop studying the plants when they became adept, and Arthur's answer is that they weren't programmed to do that. They were programmed to make their own decisions, and that's what they decide to do. Much of what the villagers do is not predictable ahead of time. We do the best job we can of coding and testing within the time constraints that we work under.

Thank you, LadyCFII, that did answer my question. Thank you for not deliberately programming them to drive me crazy. \:\)

#74724 - 06/07/07 12:22 PM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: zippie]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I have noticed that healers continue to learn the strange plants by their own only if they are not appeal to do something else. I mean, if "healing" is their most important skill. If they are master scientist (for example) and only adept doctor, they prefer doing any thing else except studying the plants. I had villagers, after that all puzzles are solved, who are only healer and they became master doctors!
I don't know if it is the only explanation but I think it is one of them.

#74793 - 06/07/07 05:48 PM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: laurence]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
i've noticed the same thing laurence

if my doctors have training in any other category, they never become master doctors (stew induced training aside)

but if they are only trained in healing, they become master doctors fairly quickly

#74827 - 06/07/07 07:43 PM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: LadyCFII]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

Loc: Morecambe, UK
OH NO, not another person moaning about glitches!!!
As long as the glitch doesn't blow up your computer just chill.
Yes the villagers in vv2 act differently to the ones in vv1. They live on opposite sides of the island and until now haven't mixed. In real life people in towns next to each other do the same thing differently, that's what makes humans interesting.
I think you and pinkfish might get on quite well, look up some of his posts.

#74832 - 06/07/07 07:56 PM Re: The Strange Plants [Re: tibicar]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I usually make healing the second speciality (mostly after research) so they are already masters in one skill. I've had several become master doctors and quite a few have gone on to learn a third skill and become Elders. They haven't gone around the plants studying on their own though; they've only gained skill if I've manually dropped them on a plant to study or by healing people.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter