Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#71403 - 05/02/07 01:37 AM Tribe Selector Application
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
I have written a small program that allows a person to select which tribe he or she would like VV2 to automatically start when the game begins.

I wrote this program to help these nice people ... here is an excerpt:

Originally Posted By: tibicar
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can it be sorted on VV3 that when you turn the game on it starts at the main menu.
As soon as we turn on the game we are confronted with pop ups asking us to make decisions for a village that belongs to a different member of the family!!!!!!
If I was the only person playing I wouldn't mind but as a family this has caused rows and tears!!!!! \:\(
"Why are my villagers all sick?" was my daughters question the other day after I made a choice that got all her people bitten. If she had made the choice then it would have been OK but as I did it I am in trouble.

As this application is brand new and only three kind souls have tested it so far, I ask if you find any problems or have any suggestions, that you please leave a reply in this thread and I will do my best to correct them.

Unfortunately, since box.net (where the program is being hosted) will change the link every time I upload a new version, to get the latest version of the program, look for a reply in this thread from me with the latest link. If you click a link and box.net says the link is dead, keep looking further on in this thread for the latest link.

Lastly, a few miscellaneous things \:\)
1. this program is user-written, not LDW-written. (Please don't blame them if it doesn't work, they had nothing to do with it.)
2. use this program at your own risk. although I have had 3 people test it thoroughly and it worked flawlessly, this program did not exist until the day before yesterday. \:\) there still may be a few bugs to be worked out. so, although i don't expect anyone to have any problems, use it at your own risk.
3. I am completely clueless about the Mac. This is a windows program. It was tested on "Virtual Windows" and didn't work. It works on Windows XP and Windows Vista. It likely will work on Windows 98 as well, but has not been tested there. (if anyone tries it and it works let me know!)
4. The version of the program that LDW.com, BigFishGames.com, and likely most other vendors sell is the version that this program is compatible with - the save game folder is in My Documents > LDW > Virtual Villagers - The Lost Children. If you try the program and it does not work and you find your save game folder is not in that location, do not despair. Tell me where your save game folder is, and I will update the program just for you. (One thing you can do is use the windows search for files and folders, it is an option on your green start button in the lower left corner of windows xp, and tell it to find all files named *.ldw .. this will find all VV1 and VV2 save files.)

Feedback would be appreciated, good or bad, so if you find something that doesn't work or have a suggestion for an improvement, please leave a reply in this thread!

-Borg \:\)

#71404 - 05/02/07 01:49 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Loc: Waltham, Mass. USA
HIRE HIM!
\:\)

#71405 - 05/02/07 01:52 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Being a Mac user, I cannot try this program, but I am greatful that you took the time and effort to make this program and I'm sure others are also. Thanx Borg

#71440 - 05/02/07 01:56 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Originally Posted By: Borg
Unfortunately, since box.net (where the program is being hosted) will change the link every time I upload a new version, to get the latest version of the program, look for a reply in this thread from me with the latest link. If you click a link and box.net says the link is dead, keep looking further on in this thread for the latest link.

Wouldn't LDW host it for you in the mods section?

#71449 - 05/02/07 03:13 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Yes, we are going to host it, but this thread is a temporary one that allows Borg some flexibility while people are initially using it and providing feedback. Once he's satisfied, the Tribe Selector will take up residence in the Guides Section. \:\)

#71453 - 05/02/07 04:14 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: LadyCFII]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

A propos of nothing at all, I always thought Borg was female \:D

#71460 - 05/02/07 04:41 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I thought the Borg was a collective. ;\)

#71466 - 05/02/07 04:55 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
Unicorn

Hmmmm...I do tend to think of Borg as guys, although Seven-of-Nine wasn't. Hugh was, though, (and he's my favorite Borg from the series). Apologies for my assumptions, however, since I typically tend to use 'he' unless I am certain otherwise. Borg....help! \:D

Oh, I should add that I do really like the Tribe Selector, even though I'm the only one who ever uses my computers. It comes in very handy! \:\)

#71469 - 05/02/07 05:12 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Waiting for Borg's response ................

#71476 - 05/02/07 05:37 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: QuickStorm]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

It won't work on my Windows XP. I get an error message about something called Iframe works. Or at least Iframe. But that's all right - No one else uses this computer except me, and I don't mind witch tribe it opens in.

#71482 - 05/02/07 07:33 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Kasey323.ink]
Unicorn

Are you sure that the message is Iframe? Or is it .NET Framework?

#71485 - 05/02/07 08:05 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: LadyCFII]
MCroft Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Austin, TX
Borg, what are you doing, changing the prefs?

If there's a need for a mac version, I could probably whip one up in applescript.

#71487 - 05/02/07 08:34 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Kasey323.ink]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
It works fine on my XP box. Although I am the only one to use this computer, I can see it coming in handy. Thanks!

#71494 - 05/02/07 09:01 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: arnie]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Sorry, LadyCFII - Yes, it's .NET. (I was in one of them "iffy" moments.)

#71495 - 05/02/07 09:06 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Kasey323.ink]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Sounds like you need to update/install .net, Charley. Windows update, the optional software section on the left hand side of the page

#71496 - 05/02/07 09:07 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: arnie]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: arnie
I thought the Borg was a collective. ;\)

Arnie, you ARE in fine form today

#71509 - 05/02/07 11:20 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

I admire a borg by the name of "One." He was the 29th-century-technology borg that developed when a transporter mishap allowed seven of nine's nanobots to infect the doctor's mobile emitter. I admire him for selflessly refusing medical help, allowing himself die, so the Borg collective would not go after Voyager.

Oh and yes, LadyCFII was correct, my gender is male. \:\)

#71512 - 05/02/07 11:29 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Charley,

Bajantara is correct - do a windows xp update and look for something called ".NET" - there are three version of .NET out there, the 2001 version, 2003 version, and 2005 version. It is free.

I was able to write this program in 5 minutes (and debug it in 55 minutes, go figure) because most of the work (radio buttons, labels, etc) is already done by ".NET" . I am using the most current version of C# which requires the most current version of ".NET"

Charley, a while back you had a trojan virus on your computer do bad things. If you are not doing regular windows xp updates you will miss all the security fixes. Having a good anti-virus program and a good firewall are not enough. You need to do the updates. I would guess that ".NET" would be part of those updates. if you can't find the .NET update via windows xp update (i think in Internet Explorer you can just click Tools > Windows Update), I am sure someone here knows the URL to get it.

#71513 - 05/02/07 11:37 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: MCroft]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: MCroft
Borg, what are you doing, changing the prefs?
VV2 stores the number of the game you were last playing (1,2,3,4 or 5). My program just changes that number. \:\)

(if I am giving away any state secrets I profusely apologize - if so feel free to delete this reply.)

#71535 - 05/03/07 03:04 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Pinkfish Offline
Expert

Loc: Liverpool
nice programme
and I hope you get rewarded for your work
I have my own PC , NO ONE TOUCHES ,, lol
but I do understand the problems this has caused, in any game I have , it always says , at the start , if this is not you change player, obviously this was not an issue with a game that runs 24/7 when you aint playing, but now it is.. but I still tested it , and I cannot see why this feature was not in the game originally , it still makes it easier for the loner player to choose which tribe need dead buried first lol

(sorry I have an English sense of humour, well I laughed)

Edited by Pinkfish (05/03/07 03:06 AM)

#71547 - 05/03/07 05:27 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Pinkfish]
smurf Offline
Trainee

sweet, thank you for this!! \:D

I will play with it a day or two and let you know how it worked for me.

PS you could try somewhere like rapidshare or megaupload for free file hosting, the link won't change there. But they will delete it after X amount of time with zero downloads.

#71548 - 05/03/07 05:35 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
smurf Offline
Trainee

hmm, it is just looking in the default docs and settings location for my LDW folder. my docs and settings folder is inside WINDOWS, but otherwise the path is the same. I dunno how C works, does it have variables like %userpath%? that points to the correct location no matter where I stick my docs and settings.

#71549 - 05/03/07 07:11 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: smurf
hmm, it is just looking in the default docs and settings location for my LDW folder. my docs and settings folder is inside WINDOWS, but otherwise the path is the same. I dunno how C works, does it have variables like %userpath%? that points to the correct location no matter where I stick my docs and settings.

Dear Smurf,

Can you do me a favor and go to the command prompt (start button > Run > cmd.exe) and type

echo %userprofile%

and tell me what that says? it should return the name of a directory. if you then go to windows explorer and enter that directory name, (hopefully) you will see your "My Documents" directory in there, and within that the LDW folder. if you do I can fix the application to work on your system which would be very nice! (if not i have the wrong environment variable \:\) and will keep looking.)

how did it happen that your save game folder is located where it is? did the setup program just install it that way, or did you ask it to install it there? where did you buy vv2 from if i may ask?

thank you very much for helping to improve the application. future vv2 families will thank you. \:\)

#71550 - 05/03/07 08:09 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Smurf,

I incorporated the %userprofile% environment variable into a version of Tribe Select for you to try. It works for me. I am approximately 87.26% sure this is the right environment variable. ;\)

#71562 - 05/03/07 01:12 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
smurf Offline
Trainee

Hi Borg \:\)

%userprofile% points to C:\WINDOWS\Documents and Settings\[My User Name]
I'm using a self-customized stripped down version of XP, I just set it in the setup answer file to place 'My Documents' inside of Windows, because it annoys me to see it on the main drive.
I purchased vv2 from bigfish games.

The second link you posted works great, found my LDW folder no problem \:D

Thank you!

#71566 - 05/03/07 02:41 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Amanda1681 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Northern Michigan
Borg, we're serious Voyager lovers over at my house! One was a great borg! Awesome episode!

#71567 - 05/03/07 02:51 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Amanda1681]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: Amanda1681
Borg, we're serious Voyager lovers over at my house! One was a great borg! Awesome episode!
Woot!

Oh, and congrats to you for winning the best captioned picture contest! way to go!

#71568 - 05/03/07 02:57 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

The second link you posted works great, found my LDW folder no problem \:D

Thank you for testing the new version so quickly! Guess that means we are up to (drum roll please...) version 1.03 \:\)

#71570 - 05/03/07 03:54 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Charley,

Bajantara is correct - do a windows xp update and look for something called ".NET" - there are three version of .NET out there, the 2001 version, 2003 version, and 2005 version. It is free.

I was able to write this program in 5 minutes (and debug it in 55 minutes, go figure) because most of the work (radio buttons, labels, etc) is already done by ".NET" . I am using the most current version of C# which requires the most current version of ".NET"

Charley, a while back you had a trojan virus on your computer do bad things. If you are not doing regular windows xp updates you will miss all the security fixes. Having a good anti-virus program and a good firewall are not enough. You need to do the updates. I would guess that ".NET" would be part of those updates. if you can't find the .NET update via windows xp update (i think in Internet Explorer you can just click Tools > Windows Update), I am sure someone here knows the URL to get it.

How to did you know about the TRV(Trojan Virus)? And my Windows XP passed the Microsoft validation. And it clearly states that I am set to recieve automatic updates in my Control Panel (if that's what you mean).

#71575 - 05/03/07 04:29 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Kasey323.ink]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Borg, the version 1.03 is not finding my documents directory either... it's still looking for it in the original default directory

#71576 - 05/03/07 04:32 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Kasey323.ink]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Charley, I'm not absolutely sure, (because mine is set to get notification of high priority updates), but the automatic may also only update high priority. There are 2 other sections of Windows Updates which are optional, and .net framework is optional... which means you'd actually have to run windows update and select the download.

#71577 - 05/03/07 04:57 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: bajantara
Borg, the version 1.03 is not finding my documents directory either... it's still looking for it in the original default directory
Dear Bajantara,

Can you do me a favor and go to the command prompt (start button > Run > cmd.exe) and type

echo %userprofile%

and tell me what that says?

#71578 - 05/03/07 05:04 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Kasey323.ink]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: Kasey323.ink
Charley, a while back you had a trojan virus on your computer
How to did you know about the TRV(Trojan Virus)?
I read it in a conversation you were having in the shout box.

#71581 - 05/03/07 05:21 PM .NET [Re: Kasey323.ink]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Charley -and anyone else who needs .NET,

Here is a link to Microsoft's .NET Framwork. It is a free download.

#71594 - 05/03/07 06:43 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

Loc: Morecambe, UK
Hi Borg,
So sorry but have been away a couple of days.
Have downloaded your program but am having issues.
Downloaded latest version of .net and then your program. It came up with a message something to do with configuring something and with option to ignore and let program attempt what it was doing.
All this resulted in me having your screen but no tribe names and no way of selecting.
HELP please.
Tibicar \:\?

#71596 - 05/03/07 07:12 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

Where should tribe selector download to?
Do I save it then run it or just run it?
Do I have to configure .net to allow this program? it seems to not like the fact it thinks it is pulling passwords or something?
If yes to previous question, how do I do it?
Tibicar

#71597 - 05/03/07 07:31 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

I have a newer version now, 1.04, thanks to Arthur! (thanks, Arthur!)

I have high hopes for this version!

Click for newest Version: Tribe Select 1.04

Uses GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Personal) to find the save game folder \:\)
Used Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("UserProfile")
Used C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\...
Used .. I can't remember
Used the current folder (program had to be in the same folder as the saved games)

#71598 - 05/03/07 07:40 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

how do I download it?

#71599 - 05/03/07 07:45 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

how do I download it?
Hi!

Click on the Link above (the one that says 1.04)

This program exists because of you \:\)

So I would really like to see it work for you!

In theory you can download it anywhere, for example, your desktop, and it should work. You aren't using a Mac are you? It only works for PCs.

#71600 - 05/03/07 07:48 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

It says you want to download blah blah blah the link to your download, but it's not in clickable type if you follow my non technical talk.

#71601 - 05/03/07 07:52 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

tibicar,, it's a little unintuitive, but scroll down to the link that's selected, and click on it anyway... then put in the test words, and click again (even though it doesn't look clickable)

#71602 - 05/03/07 07:53 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Borg, maybe for the test period, you could ask Charley to provide an easier link to it on his website?

#71604 - 05/03/07 08:01 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

I HATE COMPUTERS.
I saved it to the ldw file for neatness sake.
When I try to run it, it says "could not find path to C:docs and sett etc,
I think it means it can't find my village info?
The box for borgs program comes up with tribe 1,2,3,4,5 on but no tribe names and can't click on any of the click dots.
I really appreciate the effort that you have gone to but if I can't get this working soon I'll have to give up on the idea until VV3.
Think Arthur should hire you though Borg!!!

#71610 - 05/03/07 08:30 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

I HATE COMPUTERS.
I saved it to the ldw file for neatness sake.
When I try to run it, it says "could not find path to C:docs and sett etc,
That can't be good!
I will modify it so that if it can't find your file where it thinks it should be it will look for it in the current directory. Give me a sec to rewrite it and when you download it, save it in the same folder as your .ldw save games.

it is a good temporary fix. say, tibicar, do you have your save games in my documents > LDW > VV2TLC ?

#71613 - 05/03/07 08:38 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Tribe Selector Version 1.05 looks for the file in the current directory if it does not find it in the usual place.

Download this newest file Tibicar and save it in with your .ldw files (especially Isola20.ldw) and run the program from that folder.

Charley, how do you feel about hosting a file?

#71621 - 05/03/07 10:10 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

I downloaded 1.05 and stuck it with the isola20, 21, 22, 224 etc.
Ran it and it says isola20.ldw does not exist. \:\(
I can see it. It is the only isola something that says it was modified at 22.00 which is when I downloaded and ran v1.05.
When I click on isola20.ldw it says it can't open file without knowing source or something like that.
I think my computer hates me!!!!!!!!!!! \:\?

#71627 - 05/03/07 10:28 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
Unicorn

You should not try to open the savegame files. I have worked with people who have corrupted their game files by doing so, and sometimes the games can't be rescued. I'm sure that Borg will continue to try to make this work for you. \:\)

#71632 - 05/03/07 10:47 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: LadyCFII]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

tibicar... it's not you or your computer. Borgis working on coding his file so it can find customised installations of VV2:) hang in there

#71638 - 05/03/07 11:01 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

i apologize my program is giving you such a hard time, tibicar!

i will send you a PM and we can send PMs back and forth. eventually i will get this to work for you, i promise!

#71642 - 05/03/07 11:20 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Amanda1681 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Northern Michigan
Originally Posted By: Amanda1681
Woot!

Oh, and congrats to you for winning the best captioned picture contest! way to go!

Thank you!!

#71651 - 05/04/07 12:06 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

this version looks everywhere i can think of \:\)

Tribe Selector 1.06

#71654 - 05/04/07 12:41 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Hahaha.. I see you covered yourself this time (with the final message)

#71701 - 05/04/07 06:27 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Tribe Selector 1.07

This version checks the system registry to find where VV2.exe is hiding. This should work for both individuals who have installed VV2 to the default directory in Program Files, as well as for those individuals who have installed VV2 to a folder other than the default, for example, H:\Games\VV2.

If only I could find someone who has installed the game to a non-default directory to test it... \:\)

#71707 - 05/04/07 08:36 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Tribe Selector Version 1.05 looks for the file in the current directory if it does not find it in the usual place.

Download this newest file Tibicar and save it in with your .ldw files (especially Isola20.ldw) and run the program from that folder.

Charley, how do you feel about hosting a file?

Borg, I can host a file for you. PM me when your ready. \:\)

#71713 - 05/04/07 11:10 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

Downloaded v1.07 and it works, with one small glitch. See PM borg.
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
Funnily two of us have finished bar the colectibles but two are still going so this is great. \:\)
Hopefully VV3 will have this as a built in feature, then we'll need new problems for Borg to solve. ;\)

#71719 - 05/04/07 01:01 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

Spoke too soon.
Still not working on main computer where the bulk of villages is.
When you say where is the save game file, does that mean where is Isola20.ldw etc.
If it does then they are at C:\documents and settings\Emily.DANANDRACHELS\mydocuments\LDW\VirtualVillagers2
I think.Could it be confusing it that as we are on XP iwin and therefore VV is on lots of screens.
We only play it via emily's screen thats why I have put her path on.
\:\?

#71830 - 05/05/07 01:12 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: tibicar]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Tribe Selector version 1.08

This version looks everywhere I can think of. If it does not find the save game folder (or the VV2 game itself) it will open a File Dialog box and allow the user to find the file.

Once found, it remembers the location of your the file (you don't have to go looking for the file each time you run the program).

As usual, if you find any bugs, please report them here! You are all officially promoted to tribe select beta-testers! ;\)

#71838 - 05/05/07 02:31 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Nice workaround, Borg \:\)

#71842 - 05/05/07 02:49 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: bajantara]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: bajantara
Nice workaround, Borg \:\)

Bajantara, thank you for the praise!

If people have a few moments to try this out I would appreciate it \:\) With everyone's help I think most of the bugs have been shaken out ;\) .

#71852 - 05/05/07 04:48 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
smurf Offline
Trainee

working great here \:D

I will install VV2 on my mom's laptop this weekend, to a non-default directory, and let you know how that goes - if you still need that done.

#71854 - 05/05/07 05:05 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

I will install VV2 on my mom's laptop this weekend, to a non-default directory, and let you know how that goes - if you still need that done.
Yes! That would be very helpful! Thank you for your help! \:\)

#71961 - 05/06/07 08:04 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Tribe Select version 1.09

(Mostly everything is the same under the hood. Just a new paint job. \:\) Click the picture to download.)

#72056 - 05/07/07 09:18 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Tribe Select version 1.10

v 1.10 Added a status bar.

(Click the picture or the link above to download.)

#72495 - 05/12/07 08:17 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
MCroft Offline
Consigliere

With assistance from Borg, I've created a Mac OS X Tribe Selector app.

It works on VV1 and VV2. The current version is 0.9. Please test and comment!

Thanks!

#72501 - 05/12/07 12:14 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: MCroft]
MCroft Offline
Consigliere

Oh, and since all the cool kids are doing it, here's a screenshot...

#72895 - 05/16/07 10:37 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: MCroft]
tibicar Offline
Trainee

AS THE PERSON THAT STARTED THIS.....I would just like to say Hallejuah!!!!! \:D
After lots of effort on Borgs part, I now have a working version of this on my PC.
If anyone out there downloaded from iWin, then save tribe selector to c:/ProgramFiles/iWin.com/VirtualVillagers2
This should be where iWin have hidden the GameLauncher.exe
If saved with this , in theory it should work!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter