Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#71547 - 05/03/07 05:27 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Pinkfish]
smurf Offline
Trainee

sweet, thank you for this!! \:D

I will play with it a day or two and let you know how it worked for me.

PS you could try somewhere like rapidshare or megaupload for free file hosting, the link won't change there. But they will delete it after X amount of time with zero downloads.

#71548 - 05/03/07 05:35 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
smurf Offline
Trainee

hmm, it is just looking in the default docs and settings location for my LDW folder. my docs and settings folder is inside WINDOWS, but otherwise the path is the same. I dunno how C works, does it have variables like %userpath%? that points to the correct location no matter where I stick my docs and settings.

#71549 - 05/03/07 07:11 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: smurf
hmm, it is just looking in the default docs and settings location for my LDW folder. my docs and settings folder is inside WINDOWS, but otherwise the path is the same. I dunno how C works, does it have variables like %userpath%? that points to the correct location no matter where I stick my docs and settings.

Dear Smurf,

Can you do me a favor and go to the command prompt (start button > Run > cmd.exe) and type

echo %userprofile%

and tell me what that says? it should return the name of a directory. if you then go to windows explorer and enter that directory name, (hopefully) you will see your "My Documents" directory in there, and within that the LDW folder. if you do I can fix the application to work on your system which would be very nice! (if not i have the wrong environment variable \:\) and will keep looking.)

how did it happen that your save game folder is located where it is? did the setup program just install it that way, or did you ask it to install it there? where did you buy vv2 from if i may ask?

thank you very much for helping to improve the application. future vv2 families will thank you. \:\)

#71550 - 05/03/07 08:09 AM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Smurf,

I incorporated the %userprofile% environment variable into a version of Tribe Select for you to try. It works for me. I am approximately 87.26% sure this is the right environment variable. ;\)

#71562 - 05/03/07 01:12 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
smurf Offline
Trainee

Hi Borg \:\)

%userprofile% points to C:\WINDOWS\Documents and Settings\[My User Name]
I'm using a self-customized stripped down version of XP, I just set it in the setup answer file to place 'My Documents' inside of Windows, because it annoys me to see it on the main drive.
I purchased vv2 from bigfish games.

The second link you posted works great, found my LDW folder no problem \:D

Thank you!

#71566 - 05/03/07 02:41 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Amanda1681 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Northern Michigan
Borg, we're serious Voyager lovers over at my house! One was a great borg! Awesome episode!

#71567 - 05/03/07 02:51 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Amanda1681]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: Amanda1681
Borg, we're serious Voyager lovers over at my house! One was a great borg! Awesome episode!
Woot!

Oh, and congrats to you for winning the best captioned picture contest! way to go!

#71568 - 05/03/07 02:57 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: smurf]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: smurf
The second link you posted works great, found my LDW folder no problem \:D

Thank you for testing the new version so quickly! Guess that means we are up to (drum roll please...) version 1.03 \:\)

#71570 - 05/03/07 03:54 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Borg]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Originally Posted By: Borg
Charley,

Bajantara is correct - do a windows xp update and look for something called ".NET" - there are three version of .NET out there, the 2001 version, 2003 version, and 2005 version. It is free.

I was able to write this program in 5 minutes (and debug it in 55 minutes, go figure) because most of the work (radio buttons, labels, etc) is already done by ".NET" . I am using the most current version of C# which requires the most current version of ".NET"

Charley, a while back you had a trojan virus on your computer do bad things. If you are not doing regular windows xp updates you will miss all the security fixes. Having a good anti-virus program and a good firewall are not enough. You need to do the updates. I would guess that ".NET" would be part of those updates. if you can't find the .NET update via windows xp update (i think in Internet Explorer you can just click Tools > Windows Update), I am sure someone here knows the URL to get it.

How to did you know about the TRV(Trojan Virus)? And my Windows XP passed the Microsoft validation. And it clearly states that I am set to recieve automatic updates in my Control Panel (if that's what you mean).

#71575 - 05/03/07 04:29 PM Re: Tribe Selector Application [Re: Kasey323.ink]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Borg, the version 1.03 is not finding my documents directory either... it's still looking for it in the original default directory

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter