Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#69427 - 04/12/07 05:48 AM i was so far... i need help
melrod Offline
Adviser

my son was playing around on my vv2 and i showed him what not to push. i turned around to see one of the nice green boxes of the tutorial and found out he started my game over. i had everything just about, all level 3's, all collectibles, 115 pop., 4 elders. i have done 2 system restores to no avail. any help? thanks.

#69428 - 04/12/07 05:55 AM Re: i was so far... i need help [Re: melrod]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
look for the file Isola211.ldw in your save game directory. it is a backup file. replace Isola21.ldw with Isola211.ldw and that will restore the backup of tribe number 1. if it was tribe 2, replace Isola22.ldw with the file Isola221.ldw.

in fact, list all the files in a reply below and tell us what tribe number your lost game was in. do not play it anymore till this is fixed.

A file name with three numbers is a backup. The third number tells you which backup it is (1=backup made right after you started the game, 2=next one, etc I believe). Thus if you see several files such as Isola211.ldw Isola212.ldw Isola213.ldw you may want to pick the 213 since it is the most recent.

Just to be safe create a subfolder in your backup folder and call it BACKUPS and make a copy of all your files and put them there for safe keeping.

There is a thread here telling you how to find your save game file and how to back up files.

The naming scheme for files is as follows:
It always starts with Isola2 because the Island is Isola and this is VV2 we are playing, not VV1.

After Isola2 comes a number from 1 to 5 which stands for which tribe you are playing. If you look at the "change tribes" page in the game you will see several slots for tribes. the top slot is one, the second one down is 2, .. the bottom one is 5. For example, Isola21 would be tribe 1, Isola22 would be tribe 2, Isola25 would be tribe 5, etc.

If the rest of the file name is .ldw then the file is a save game. If there is another number after the tribe number and before the .ldw, then this is a backup of a save game.

For practice, Isola258.ldw would be the 8th backup in a series of backups for a save game for VV2, tribe#5.

#69512 - 04/13/07 04:19 AM Re: i was so far... i need help [Re: melrod]
melrod Offline
Adviser

everything is labeled, from the way you described, as a second tribe so it actually looks like all is lost but i apprciate the help anyways.

there's 2 different VV2 folders in my ldw folder in my documents. both of them have the following

isola20.ldw
isola21.ldw
isola221.ldw

my son actually started another game before i could get to it so i think that's what those are refering to. so i guess i'll just have to start all over. oh well

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter