Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#68888 - 04/07/07 03:38 PM [SPOILER] Big Fish Games?
crystal clear Offline

Got a question, if I got VV2 from Big Fish Games, does it have the totem _bug_? because I see it's quite hard to accomplish so I don't wanna spend days playing only to find out that it's bugged.....

FYI, it shows v1.00 at the startup screen, and it also has some reflexive things at the program files (some reflexive folders) and the nag screen when you close the game says rexlexive.com, although it shows Big Fish Games at the loading screen when you start the game

thanks in advance

Edited by LadyCFII (04/07/07 04:05 PM)

#68892 - 04/07/07 03:46 PM Re: Big Fish Games? [Re: crystal clear]
katlynbird714 Offline
Master

i think thats because LDW is partnered with BFG and they help make LDW's games, so they have to show and AD in their games because BFG helped them...i think

/|\
/ \
8\)
/|\
/ \
Villagers population: 6.

#68898 - 04/07/07 04:05 PM Re: [SPOILER[ Big Fish Games? [Re: crystal clear]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Big Fish Games is our publisher, which is why you see their logo. The only version that has the gong piece problem is the one obtained from Reflexive prior to March 20th. You shouldn't be getting a "nag" screen if you purchased the game.

#68900 - 04/07/07 04:20 PM Re: Big Fish Games? [Re: crystal clear]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

I bought my VV2 from Big Fish. I just tried mine to see if I could understand what you were asking.

I double-clicked on the VV2 icon, it goes black for a few seconds. Then a screen comes up that says "Created by" and a big "Last Day of Work" logo. It then switches to another screen that says "Published By" and a big "Big Fish Games" icon. After that it switches to a "Virtual Villagers - The Lost Children" loading screen.

Once those 3 screens go by, I am right into my game. I do not see the version number until I click the MENU button. There, at the bottom, mine says "Version 1.0" on the left and "Copyright 2006, 2007 by Last Day of Work" on the right.

When I click the QUIT button, it takes me right out of the game and back to my "Games" folder. I do not get a "nag" screen.

As far as the Totems are concerned, I am not sure what you are asking. I do not experience any problems concerning totems. It takes a bit to create an elder which is when you get a totem. After they pop up, I can pick them up and move them anywhere I want.

I hope this helps in someway.

There are a few things I have noticed that are buggy with the program. you can find those by clicking the following link:
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=68710

#68901 - 04/07/07 04:34 PM Re: Big Fish Games? [Re: Gamemastr1]
crystal clear Offline

not quite a nag screen, but it ask me to close the window or browse other games... it didn't ask me for register or anything (but I still consider it as a nag screen :P)

about the totem _bug_, I mean the _bug_ LadyCFII posted at the top of this forum, the one where the gong piece wouldn't appeared no matter how you place it.

so it wouldn't bugged?

#68904 - 04/07/07 04:41 PM Re: Big Fish Games? [Re: crystal clear]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
If you got it directly from Big Fish Games, it should be fine. Even games purchased from Reflexive after March 20th are fine. \:\)

#68907 - 04/07/07 05:16 PM Re: [SPOILER] Big Fish Games? [Re: crystal clear]
havefun Offline

Loc: Atlanta
I bought my game from big fish...it does take a long time especially with farming and building...but when i finished VV2 I ended up with 9 esteemed elders..it just takes a while and see they get moved when they reach master

#68911 - 04/07/07 05:29 PM Re: [SPOILER] Big Fish Games? [Re: havefun]
crystal clear Offline

um, the thing is, my friend gave it to me, but he didn't say where he bought it, I assume it's from Big Fish since it says so, but the reflexive folders make me doubt it...

maybe I'll give him a call in a few days, and ask him. Didn't met him in the last few days because of the Easter holiday \:\)

In the mean time, I think I'll start playing it, hope I don't get any bugs \:D

#68916 - 04/07/07 06:19 PM Re: [SPOILER] Big Fish Games? [Re: crystal clear]
havefun Offline

Loc: Atlanta
youll love it!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter