Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#67216 - 03/24/07 04:11 PM Game speed question
Zugal Offline

What are the benefits/drawbacks of using the different time speed settings - 1/2 speed, normal, 2X?
I see many mentions of 2X being negative.
On VV1 I always used 2X because things were moving just too slowly for me.

Edited by LadyCFII (03/24/07 04:39 PM)

#67248 - 03/24/07 07:13 PM Re: Game speed question [Re: Zugal]
Jer Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Mexico
Originally Posted By: Zugal
What are the benefits/drawbacks of using the different time speed settings - 1/2 speed, normal, 2X?
I see many mentions of 2X being negative.
On VV1 I always used 2X because things were moving just too slowly for me.

I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I too use 2x speed most of the time when I can monitor a village. Actually, I have one village that has been running at 2x continuously, round the clock since the day after I found out that VV2 was available... 868 hours now. <editing... correction... has been running at normal speed...>

If a village is young or I want to keep fairly close tabs on it, I put it to 1/2x when I am going to bed or not able to look in on it for several hours.

Production seems to slow down a LOT at 1/2x. Food gathering, while it may appear on the screen to be about the same at all speeds, slows down with slower speeds since the values of most food items (all except for mushrooms and crabs) is less at the lower speeds. So one trip to the coconut tree yields less at 1/2 and normal speed than at 2x. Food consumption goes down at lower speeds too.... it seems to be a function of villager time.

I don't have any real conclusive evidence of how much production slows down/speeds up at various speeds, though. What I do have, and would be happy to post it if anyone is interested, is the values of each coconut, veggie, etc. at each of the three speeds. Seems as though I might have put this up on this forum a week or so ago, but I can't find it now.

So, the answer to your questions? I don't know, except that there MAY be circumstances where the use of 1/2 speed takes advantage of food gathered at higher speeds and when the value of mushrooms is the same at the lower speed.

Jer

To err is human. To purr, feline.

Edited by Jer (03/24/07 07:37 PM)

#67251 - 03/24/07 07:24 PM Re: Game speed question [Re: Jer]
blue_koka Offline
Consigliere

I do know that the slower the speed the longer it takes to nurse a baby.I think it doubles in time. It is 117 I think at 2x and 234 or something like that.

#67254 - 03/24/07 07:33 PM Re: Game speed question [Re: blue_koka]
Jer Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Mexico
Originally Posted By: blue_koka
I do know that the slower the speed the longer it takes to nurse a baby.I think it doubles in time. It is 117 I think at 2x and 234 or something like that.

Oh yes... that is a function of the villager year which is 60 minutes at 2x, 120 minutes at normal and 200 minutes at 1/2x speed. Two villager years (plus some minutes of lag time, the amount of which varies with speed, at the end of the nursing period) must pass before the infant is released.

Jer

Middle age: When your age starts to show at your middle.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter