Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 190 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#6607 - 04/15/05 09:26 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Arthur,

I purchased and downloaded Village Sim to my Tungstun E on April 13th and have crashed twice. It is not really crashing, but frozen and I have to drain the battery and hot sync in order to get my files back. Both times occurred during the first few minutes of a new game when I select one of the men.

Do you have any patches to correct this problem? I am getting mighty frustrated with the game....

vickijp2002@yahoo.com

#6608 - 04/15/05 09:39 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Could you explain exactly what you mean by frozen? The game doesn't respond to stylus taps? Do the hardware buttons on your Palm work? Several beta testers had something happen that sounds similar to what you've experienced, and we were able to just turn off the Palm and turn it back on again to free it up. You shouldn't have to resort to such drastic measures to make the game work, and I'm sure Arthur will work with you to resolve this problem.

#6609 - 04/15/05 10:33 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Moppett Offline

I've downloaded and tried VillageSimfixed on my T2. After playing for several hours, it crashed again - right in the middle of a game. I'm not aware of anything I did to trigger this, it just crashed. I'm getting very irritated with this game.

#6610 - 04/15/05 11:00 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Unicorn

What kind of crash did you have? Some crashes, like "No shadow window found" have diagnostic information that's very helpful to Arthur. He has much more to work with when he knows exactly what kind of crash you had.

#6611 - 04/15/05 12:39 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Barbara,

NO buttons work on my palm and I have tried them all. It does not respond to stylus taps and I am not able to shut off my Palm as none of my buttons work. The picture stays frozen until the battery dies.

Vicki

#6612 - 04/15/05 01:24 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Unicorn

One of the beta testers experienced the 'freeze' condition on her Tungsten E (and I had it on my T5), but we were able to use the power button to just turn the device off and back on. Your situation appears to be a little different, and Arthur will probably want more information from you.

In the meantime (I know this is kind of drastic, but there's a possibility it could help), you might try uninstalling from the Palm OS "delete" function and reinstalling the game. Do you use any third party launchers, by any chance?

#6613 - 04/15/05 01:38 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Barbara,

I will gladly provide Arthur with any information to the best of my ability. I may not get time to try your suggestions for a few days. Would you define "third party launcher"? I do not believe that I am using one, but I want to make sure.

Vicki

#6614 - 04/15/05 01:46 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Unicorn

It's an add-on program that you use instead of the standard Palm launcher.

#6615 - 04/15/05 03:03 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
Just to let someone know, my palm didn't actually crash, but one of by villagers kept a constant "box" around him. The background behind him was always different than his actual surroundings. I deleted several other games I had on my palm and I haven't had the problem since. Maybe it was just a memory issue?

#6616 - 04/15/05 03:11 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
I have had one report of a possible workaround, I would be very grateful if a 'crasher' would try it:

Uninstall the game completely. Then reinstall and before you ever start a new game, enter your reg code. Then exit the app and reenter it and start a game normally, etc.

Please let me know if this works, anyone. The theory is that the process of registering is corrupting an existing game-in-progress, and registering before a new game was ever started might circumvent that.

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter