Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#6597 - 04/14/05 11:34 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Crumpet Offline

Quote:

The reason that your game 'reverted' to a previous state is that it is only saved when you exit the game (or switch apps).

Good to know!!

#6598 - 04/14/05 11:36 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The pixellation that you saw is a known bug. It seems to be related to villagers dying. Leaving the game and launching it again will clear it up.

What kind of crashes did you have? It would be VERY helpful if people who are having crashes would post the EXACT message they receive (if any) and what they were doing when the game crashed.

#6599 - 04/14/05 11:39 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Quote:

Today, while it hasn't crashed, I have had some weird pixellating with some of the characters. They will moved in blocks and leave a blurred trail.

This weird pixellation is a known problem. It can be fixed by going out of the game and re-entering (that's right, isn't it Barbara? <addition> hmmm she beat me to it!!)

There is at least 1 other strange screen movement problem, but the testing team were not able to pin-point the scenarios that they were happening in, so if you see more strange things, keep reporting them as descriptively as you can

Edited by treefern (04/14/05 11:41 AM)

#6600 - 04/14/05 11:46 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Crumpet Offline

Quote:

What kind of crashes did you have? It would be VERY helpful if people who are having crashes would post the EXACT message they receive (if any) and what they were doing when the game crashed.

Sorry - I edited my last post and included some more info. Don't know if you saw that or not. It was a fatal exception while accidentally hitting the "beam" link in the main menu.

#6601 - 04/14/05 11:54 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
If it happens again (or for anyone experiencing crashes), it's very important to assist Arthur by writing down the exact message you received (if any). The message often contains diagnostic information that Arthur can use to find the bug.

#6602 - 04/14/05 02:15 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Ok a quick update on the stability issues:

If you are having a crash where it runs fine, then subsequent attempts to start a 'new game' cause a crash, that has been fixed. Remove your existing version and download and install this one: www.ldwsoftware.com/VillageSimFixed.zip

The T2 and TT have very low heap memory and stability has always been an issue on those devices. I've put in some code that should tread lightly on those devices, but we will still have to look into additional steps to improve stability.

The Zire 71 is behaving badly, was less represendted in our beta group, and I am very desirous to have a volunteer with that device who can reproduce a crash at least somewhat reliably.

#6603 - 04/14/05 06:31 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Village Sim crashes regularly on my Tungsten T2. It crashes on start every third game or so and crashes if I leave one game running longer than about 5-7 mins. If I exit regularly and soft reboot every three games then I can play on. Just thought par for course on a v1.0 build. Good game. I've registered it. I have one SD card in all time.

#6604 - 04/14/05 09:00 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi... I'm playing on my Zodiac2... and I've crashed about 10 times in a row tonight. I just loaded on Tues night... played without crashing with the tutorial "on"... Tuesday and Wednesday night... all my survivors died (can't remember the disaster). Have to go to "new game" each time... Start new game and turned the tutorial off and crash within minutes after dragging to the research table. I seem to be in a cycle. Hope this helps.

#6605 - 04/14/05 11:23 PM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Gatewood Offline

Quote:

Hi... I'm playing on my Zodiac2... and I've crashed about 10 times in a row tonight. I just loaded on Tues night... played without crashing with the tutorial "on"... Tuesday and Wednesday night... all my survivors died (can't remember the disaster). Have to go to "new game" each time... Start new game and turned the tutorial off and crash within minutes after dragging to the research table. I seem to be in a cycle. Hope this helps.

This was my problem with the Zod2. Uninstall the game, then reinstall it and it should be OK. That's what I did, and all is well so far. I think I'm in some trouble now, because I only have boy children, and my villagers are getting old. When they all die, I'll see if the crashes start again, but I know I can fix it by uninstalling and installing new.

#6606 - 04/15/05 02:18 AM Re: Crashes - Volunteers Needed
Randy Offline
Plant Tycoon Expert

Loc: Middle Tennessee
While I was beta testing VS I ran into this problem. By uninstalling and re-installing the game I was able to get past the problem. It's kinda like once you have that error it corrupts the file and has to be reinstalled. Since reinstalling the file I've had no problems and already played two more games.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter