Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#6524 - 04/13/05 10:26 AM Receiving messages
kosikutioner Offline
Trainee

Hmmm... This is one minor problem. I often don't exit a game when I turn my zodiac off. So when I turn it back on, often its village sim sitting there. However when I turn it on for a hotsync or stick a card in, it quits. Just recently that happened and I had received a message. I believe it was something was wrong with my child. He had been attacked by a monkey about 30 minutes ago, but his health was fine. Then my zodiac turned off and I was surfing the net for awhile. I put a card in and it turned on, a message came up, but then it exited the game because a card had been inserted. I have no clue what the message was. I think it might have been that the kid got attacked again or something because his health is extremely low. Like a slit of red left.

I think you should add a feature that saves events. Like whether you drank a potion or when a storm hit. Or even just a simple inbox that keeps track of events. It would be kind of neat if you incorporated it into the game. Like a little signpost that the villagers kept track of things on. Anyways, just a suggestion.

#6525 - 04/13/05 11:02 AM Re: Receiving messages
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
That's a good idea! We have a list of game suggestions that have come from the testers, and we will probably start adding the suggestions that are made in this forum, as well. It is annoying to 'lose' those messages, but that's how Palm OS works - when you switch programs, hotsync, or have other events (alarms, etc.) the OS exits the current app. (That's why I like my PPC better - the app continues to run in the background and I can go right back to it exactly where I left off!) But, until VS is available for PPC, I'll just have to keep playing it on my Palm.

#6526 - 04/13/05 04:21 PM Re: Receiving messages
kosikutioner Offline
Trainee

Well usually the game is simply paused, rarely is it quit without saving the current state. Its just I guess it can't save it with the message open as well.

But yeah, I know what ya mean. Ah well, I don't mind. Not too big a deal, I'll just start remembering not to leave it open or not to turn it on by pressing my home button or hotsyncing. :P

#6527 - 04/13/05 07:49 PM Re: Receiving messages
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
I agree with you about this. When I first started playing I, of course, was at work all day and didn't get to touch it. When I got home and could play I started the program up and was told all this stuff happened - like a monkey attack and babies being born, etc. I was kind of miffed that I didn't get to SEE the event itself. I decided to start pausing it so that I could hopefully catch the events when they occur and I'm playing at home (usually have power connected so my Palm stays on and I can watch it if I want). It'd be nice, I dunno how do-able, but nice to have some sort of event saved area to see what happened and maybe like a little screen shot of the event. I mean, I'm assuming that when a monkey attacks you SEE it. Maybe I'm wrong since I haven't had any events happen while I was actually playing it.

So I guess I have a question lol. Do you SEE the event itself or just the message it happened? In either case I agree that a little inbox of saved events, either with little screenshots or without, would be nice in case you miss something due to switching programs or whatnot.

#6528 - 04/13/05 07:53 PM Re: Receiving messages
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
All of the 'Island Events' are text messages only - you didn't miss any cool graphics!

#6529 - 04/13/05 08:56 PM Re: Receiving messages
kosikutioner Offline
Trainee

I'm glad to see people agree with my idea. That doesn't happen often :P

#6530 - 04/13/05 09:09 PM Re: Receiving messages
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
Okay good - thanks Barbara I realized after I started babbling that maybe there were no graphics! I've only gotten the "event" boxes after being away from it for a while so I thought I was missing more than I was I guess

And as an off topic comment - thanks again for the plant/fish spreadsheets I had fun logging my little baby fishes/plants today and am happy to see the new breeds, etc and know where the heck they came from!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter