Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 233 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6403 - 04/14/05 10:28 PM Re: Music
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
OK - that's the same result our beta tester had. Thanks.

#6404 - 04/15/05 04:19 AM Re: Music
Schatzie Offline

Loc: California
I don't hear any of the music either, but I DO hear the other game sounds.

I have a (new) Palm Tungsten E, and I installed Village Sim on a 256MB SD card with about 200MB free space. The game works great... I just don't have the music.

I DO hear music and game sounds with other games that are installed on the SD card. It's just Village Sim that I don't hear any music.

I wonder if it would matter if I try installing the music files to the main Palm device rather than the SD card. Well, I suppose I could install the game and music files to the main Palm device. Let me know if you want me to try that to see if it makes any difference.

I love this new game, BTW. Fantastic.

#6405 - 04/24/05 06:54 PM Re: Music
Schatzie Offline

Loc: California
Quote:

I don't hear any of the music either, but I DO hear the other game sounds.

I have a (new) Palm Tungsten E, and I installed Village Sim on a 256MB SD card with about 200MB free space. The game works great... I just don't have the music.

I DO hear music and game sounds with other games that are installed on the SD card. It's just Village Sim that I don't hear any music.

I'm following up to my previous post on this.

Yesterday I deleted all the Village Sim files (program, music files, database), installed Village Sim fresh onto my expansion card, and I started a new game -- to give a totally fresh start and to also see if the music might work. Amazingly, this actually did the trick. When I started a new game, the music worked for the first time since I purchased the game.

However, I've seen yesterday and today that when I run a HotSync and then start the game again, sometimes the music works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not sure why it works sometimes and not others, but I have a theory. It MIGHT be related to opening the game with Hi-Launcher (Hi-Launcher creates menus but that's it, unlike ZLauncher that does a lot more).

I've tried opening Village Sim from my PDA's usual menu system (click SD card in the PDA menu, then the game's icon) and from Hi-Launcher's menu. I **think** the music comes on more consistently when I open it from my PDA's usual menu system than if I open it from Hi-Launcher, but I'll be testing that theory during the next couple of days.
-- The music comes on about half the time when the game is launched via Hi-Launcher.
-- I'm not sure if it comes on every time via the PDA menu or not. So far today (4 times), the music comes on each time that way, but I want to give a day or two of testing this theory.

FYI:
1. Whenever I do a HotSync, I always put Village Sim on Pause first.
2. For this new game I've been running it on Slow or Normal speed.
3. I have a Tungsten E, and as I've mentioned, I've installed the game to the 256MB expansion card (150+MB free space).
4. I use Backup Buddy Pro and Backup Buddy VS (backup for the expansion card).
5. I set my PDA to stay on while charging. Therefore, as long as I leave my PDA plugged in, the game will continue playing with the screen showing, etc. I can then glance over at it while at my desk working. So for this new game, so far it's only played in the background when I'm using another app on the PDA.

Game Stats so far for this new game as I write this email:

Realtime hours played: 22
Villagers born: 7
Villagers cured: 5
Villagers buried: 0
Oldest villager: 61
Max village population: 13
food harvested: 10,378
Crabs caught: 0
Total tech points earned: 50,152
Tech levels completed: 5
Island events encountered: 2
Puzzles solved: 1 of 12

-------
Preferences:
Sound: on
Music: on
Music Volume: high
Difficulty: low
Game Speed: Normal
------------------

Once I've tested out my theory for a couple of days, I'll respond again with an update.

Edited by Schatzie (04/24/05 06:56 PM)

#6406 - 04/25/05 04:42 AM Re: Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have a tungsten c, and get no music. i have the three files installed. anything special i should be doing?

thanks,

s.

#6407 - 04/25/05 09:03 AM Re: Music
Unicorn

You should be getting the music on your Tungsten C, as it works fine on other Tungsten C Palms. How are you running the game - main memory or expansion card? Are you using ZLauncher, by any chance? If you are, the fix for the problem is to put the music files in internal RAM if you run the game off the card through ZLauncher. (Some of the beta testers discovered this during testing.) Also, make sure that music isn't turned off in your preferences and that the volume setting is high enough. Post back here if you're still having a problem.

#6408 - 05/11/05 01:15 AM Re: Music
VSSTEF Offline

On my treo 600 I only get sound effects as well, and I do have the music files intalled.

#6409 - 05/11/05 09:31 AM Re: Music
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
VSS, check your preferences. You have the option of turning your music on or off as well as the sound. They both work on my Treo 600.

#6410 - 05/11/05 01:43 PM Re: Music
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
One common problem is that the music files may only work if they are installed onto internal memory. Could this be your problem?

#6411 - 12/06/05 10:43 AM Re: Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help! I have a Clie NZ90 Series and I have no sound or sound affects. Please help.

#6412 - 12/06/05 11:04 AM Re: Music
Unicorn

Sony handles audio differently from the way that Palm does, and there have been multiple reports from Clie users that they get no sound when running Village Sim. There is a possible workaround that's described in this post, if you want to try it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter