Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 166 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#6208 - 04/13/05 09:23 PM Re: Village Sim Help
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
Okay I have a semi-stupid question

The other LDW games I own have an area to see "stats" like "hours played, number of fish/plants grown, units fed" etc. Is there a way to see Village Sim Stats? I tried looking through all the menus and didn't find anything.

As a side note I did want to mention that on my T5 I a menu bar underneath my graphiti area and one of the options is a "home" option that with every other program I own if I tap on it it goes back to the menu I was prior to starting the game. When I'm playing Village Sim if I tap it I get a little pop up box that says "Village SIm", "Preferences" - and sometimes it'll list one or two of the last programs I was using. It does not take my back to my Palm Menus. If I hit the physical key at the botton of my Palm, the navigation home key, it'll take me back to my Palm Menu.

I just thought this was weird and maybe a "bug" (it obviously doesn't effect game play, just exitting) or something that got coded wrong/overlooked?

#6209 - 04/13/05 09:27 PM Re: Village Sim Help
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It's hiding! Go to the "Puzzles" screen and select "Stats" from there.

I also have a T5, and that little menu worked perfectly during the very early builds (a tap would take me to 'home' and holding it would bring up the menu), but it has gotten 'flaky' as time has gone on. I can sometimes get it to go back to home, but it usually brings up the little menu no matter how I tap it.

#6210 - 04/13/05 09:38 PM Re: Village Sim Help
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
The little menu thing works fine on my T3, short tap takes back to menu screen, longer hold brings up the last programs used

#6211 - 04/13/05 09:41 PM Re: Village Sim Help
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I don't think it's a big deal . . . if I want to go to 'home' I just use the hardware button, and I use the silkscreen 'home' if I want the little menu of recent apps. No problem!

#6212 - 04/14/05 02:17 AM Re: Village Sim Help
infael Offline

What can I do with the lagoon? I can't seem to do anything. I have Level2 of everything and working toward a science level.

#6213 - 04/14/05 02:21 AM Re: Village Sim Help
treefern Offline
Guru

Take one of your villagers to the lagoon, and let them have a look around that area, you should learn something about the area. That may give you some ideas (sorry for being so cryptic)

#6214 - 04/14/05 06:20 AM Re: Village Sim Help
JustAGirl Offline
Master

Loc: New York
Aaaahhhh I hadn't looked at the puzzle screen 'cause I haven't completed any yet Excellent, I would have been sad if there wasn't a stats area.

And as far as the menu button on screen thing goes - it is SO not a big deal, I've just never had it happen before and wondered about it. I just hit my actual real live button on the bottom to get back to my menu when I want to exit. I guess it's the "tester" in me (I do QC work at my real life work and here at home - work is banking QC, home is fun game QC ) that felt I should mention a "weird thing" I saw. I'm glad it's not just my Palm though, and since it trul hurts NOTHING I don't mind

#6215 - 04/14/05 07:33 AM Re: Village Sim Help
treefern Offline
Guru

It's always worth mentioning odd things we see. MOst times someone can explain it away, but otherwise it can start people thinking more as well.....including the developers

#6216 - 04/14/05 05:24 PM Re: Village Sim Help
Carriewsm Offline

Loc: Weston super Mare, England
Hiya

I'm new to all this I'm afraid although I love this sim. I'm embarrassed to say that I seem to be stuck at the beginning!! I've cleared the debris in the sea, built a hut, made babies, all my skills are well on the way to being half full and yet I can't work out how to feed the little darlings apart from the berry bush, and that keeps emptying... I know from reading the forum, that I can farm land (and I have worked out which, and watered it) but how am I supposed to get them going???? Do I have to "up" a skill level by paying in techie points? If so, then my maximum number of points peaked at 3,500 - nowhere near the 6,000 needed. Help me please, I am extremely frustrated (and yes, I know, the answer is obviously staring me in the face), but you'd make my life worth living if you could give me a clue like a brick!!!

Thanks

Carrie

#6217 - 04/14/05 05:35 PM Re: Village Sim Help
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Hiya, if the sims are watering the crop land, then food will come. Give it a chance.

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter