Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 141 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#6268 - 05/16/05 03:51 AM Re: Village Sim Help
Zamex Offline

OK, here I am registered.
Mine villagers are watering that dammed field, but there was no harvest for over 24 hours! If that is a bug, then a deadly one. Now I have to cheat with the editor to have some food. One of my villagers died during the night from starvation and some more of them are in red already (I gave them not enough food for the night).
Until I research enough points to buy harvest level 3 for fishing, I will have to cheat to survive. Strange...

#6269 - 05/16/05 04:48 AM Re: Village Sim Help
animal_lover Offline
Trainee

Loc: Singapore
Oh thx. Anyway ladycfii, i could say that following ur way, now im having a giants king's feast!!! i hav more than 28000 food and too lil' research ppl now...

#6270 - 05/16/05 04:52 AM Re: Village Sim Help
animal_lover Offline
Trainee

And zamex if u would giv me the following info i would be extremely pleased to help u. As i said jus now i now hav too much food after i had the same dammed problem as yours!!!

1. How many vills u hav?
2. hav u researched lvl 2 harvesting?
3. How much food do u hav rite now?

Hope i can help u!

#6271 - 05/16/05 05:25 AM Re: Village Sim Help
Zamex Offline

I have 12 villagers (incl. 1 baby), and level 2 in everything except of fertility.
Amount of food varies - according to how much they eat and how much I give to them via the editor But they were many times at 0.
I am desperate - I dont want to cheat (so at least I keep 4 villagers watering the field as before - I didnt reassign them).

#6272 - 05/16/05 05:37 AM Re: Village Sim Help
animal_lover Offline
Trainee

Well, The only thing u can do rite now is keep waiting, and appoint more ppl to water field. Here r some more solutions without having to cheet:

1. When u see some1 going to eat, stop them and put them bac to the job they were supposed to do.(maybe farming?)

2. This was what i did: U look at the berry bush and see if there r any more berries on it. If there is, do this > appoint some(ONLY SOME) villagers to forage and the others to keep watering. If there isn't, look at some other solutions.

3. U would like to noe that all LDW games run on ur Palm OS's time. If u r vry impatient(if vry), u could try this: Set the time a few hours faster(2 hours recommended provided u hav the speed fast). And make sure some more advanced farmers r farming so they will not go off their job!

4. Last answer: Let the weak villagers go learn healing, The stronger ones go farming. When there is not enough food, and some r sick heal them and let them go learn healing and the ppl who healed them go farm.

Let me noe if these solutions really work.

#6273 - 05/16/05 05:44 AM Re: Village Sim Help
animal_lover Offline
Trainee

Anyway ill show my stats if anyone wants to noe. Cos maybe i seem a lil' too powerful...lol...

Realtime hours played: 48
Vills born:53
Vills cured:42
Vills buried:22
Oldest vill:84
Max Vill population:37
Food harvested:141185
Crabs caught:646
Total tech points earned:369242
Tech lvls completed:9
Island events encountered:5
Puzzles solved:7 of 12

#6274 - 05/16/05 08:16 AM Re: Village Sim Help
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
I don't completely agree with animal lovers tips, but then we all have our own strategies

1/ there have been theories that letting the villagers be inquisitive or eating/drinking, may be of benefit to them. I have not proved or disproved this.

2/ I agree with this. appoint 1, maybe 2 people to get berries from the bush. At least some food will be coming in then while waiting for the harvest

3/ playing around with the time can cause strange things to happen ie losing people due to death while time jumping, or finding that villagers have got critically sick while time jumping. BE CAREFUL

4/ I have heard this theory, but have not tried it with my villagers. With my weak villagers, I either get them pregnant (not sure how smart this is either), or let them research. I have managed to pull some quite weak villagers back from this level, especially when there is plenty of food. Remember, only villagers who are sick can be healed. Weakened villagers need to be watched carefully to make sure they do not keep getting weaker

My biggest tip is to watch your village very carefully. Don't leave the game unattended for long periods of time. If you need to leave it, pause the game, or at least play the game in slow mode. I am sure that the game can be saved without cheats, and a lot of care. I have been down to 2 males and 1 female, and still survived

Good luck

Savi

#6275 - 05/16/05 08:43 PM Re: Village Sim Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

can someone give me a serial key

#6276 - 05/16/05 08:48 PM Re: Village Sim Help
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
do you mean a register key? When you purchase the full version of the game, they will mail you a register key.

#6277 - 05/16/05 09:52 PM Re: Village Sim Help
animal_lover Offline
Trainee

Actually treefern, i kind of tested these ideas already so its probably fine. Here are my test results on the solutions i gav out:

1. This could be dangerous if ur vills are weak or sick. So i therefore recommend using it on strong vills only. (lvl > dangerous)

2. This is definately okay. This was what i did a long time ago when i had a drought. (lvl > safe)

3. This could be dangerous too although not as dangerous as the 1st solution. Therefore i declare this only be used on mentally and physically strong individuals. (lvl > only be used if u are realy very very very very very desperate/impatient)

4. For this, treefern, i hav tried this very carefully. It is very safe to use this solution but u need to be patient. The theory that letting vills being doctors can benefit them is true. I let them learn for a few hours and evry1 is bac to normal. (lvl > safe)

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter