Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 133 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#59329 - 02/26/07 02:32 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: novaonline]
karema Offline

a agree also. different races would be great.

#59358 - 02/26/07 04:27 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
Dianthus Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Southern England
There will certainly be more clues to the earlier inhabitants of Isola since VV2 has continued the theme of unearthing lost artifacts and remains left behind by them. Since we've now settled two parts of Isola in VV1 and VV2, there will probably be another two so all four quarters will eventually be explored. If the mystery of the earlier inhabitants is not solved in VV4, then maybe the villagers will master the art of boatbuilding and sail off to a neighbouring island to try and find them.

I'd like to see chickens (the kids could collect eggs to boost the food supply) and maybe goats (several possibilities there). Larger animals such as cows and horses need a lot of grass and space and don't thrive on tropical islands.

I'd also like to see a village gathering every so often with the villagers dressing up in special costumes and maybe some of the other villagers playing drums and flutes. Maybe two new skills in VV3 could be "Musician" and "Dancer".

#59370 - 02/26/07 04:56 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
shriekersmom Offline

Loc: California
VV3 Should have a college your masters can teach at to train your younger villagers, you can charge tech points for the training. X # of tech points per portion of their level skill bar, this so you can train them faster than on the job training like we do now.

#59663 - 02/27/07 03:17 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: bajacalla]
Durinda Offline

Loc: ok
I agree with you about the healers and builders, they need something else for them to be able to achieve Master Builder, like a storm and have to rebuild the huts, as far as the healers they need to be able to work at the hospital that we have just built or build a clinic or something.
Also I would like to see more pop=up windows to have to decide what to do, makes the game even more enjoyable to me.

I agree also there needs to be more options on the food sources, like some kind of game or something.

#59680 - 02/27/07 04:17 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Durinda]
suzq71 Offline

Hi everyone.... first post here....I agree with a lot of the suggestions for VV3. I think that after the huts are built that maybe the builders could make furniture to furnish the huts and hospital, chairs to relax by the stream... etc. More pop up situations would be great as well as they come few and far between. I also like the babysitting idea for children between the ages of 10-14 or something (until they are able to work on a skill) and the babysitting could be put towrds parenting skills if the player so chooses. Also I like the idea of being able to move more than one villager at a time. Thoroughly enjoy playing VV1 & 2.... standing ovation to the creators and everyone involved... keep them coming!

#60532 - 03/01/07 02:01 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: suzq71]
tishka Offline

vv3...no marriage!!! this game goes slow enuff now! esp in the beginning..night and day would be good, and a village shaman might make things interesting. should be boating skills and surfing skills and community meetings. I am against having rulers and heirs...there's so much more that can be worked on. everyones suggestion are good, and the nursing mothers should be able to do other things other than walk around with their babies for 2 years. and who peppered the game with so many butt ugly guys and one villager looks like a certain princess from star wars -lol- also the points should be bankable - like if you want to purchase upgrades of the game??? hint hint!

#60547 - 03/01/07 03:16 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
slf Offline

I would LOVE if the children wouldnt "hum" when we pick them up!! I think its annoying! I'd rsther have them just "giggle" or say "weeee!"

#60559 - 03/01/07 03:52 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
mmaxe01 Offline

Many ideas:

The 'parenting' skill seems to lean toward the 'act' that leads to being a parent. Once my villagers 'learn' that skill, if their skill preference is 'parenting', they go at it like rabbits non stop. You can have them 'teach' and read stories, but that's something you have to 'make them' do - and as all parents know, the 'act' that made you a parent isn't anything related to parent-ing. So I'd like to see that 'skill' expanded and not have my villagers mating like rabbits 24/7 when I've selected parenting as their preferred skill.

I also think the village should 'expand' more. Instead of seeing the 'there's no housing to support that' pop up everytime I purposely 'embrace' two villagers (so their skills will increase as they work towards becoming a village elder), they would build more huts. Which would increase opportunities to improve building skills after the inital buildings are done.

It's a great game and there's so many 'directions' it could go - there are just so many things they could gain/learn/be skilled in. It would be nice to have more options of things to do after you've finished the puzzles.

I have a village from VV1 still going strong - and I still play though it's mainly about ensuring they aren't all dead at this point.

Can't WAIT for VV3 and beyond! You've got a winner here, LDW - thanks and keep up the great work!

#60733 - 03/01/07 06:51 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Kirsten]
Lilas Offline

I love that we see who the parents are now in VV2, but hate that that disappears once they hit 18. Couldn't we have a family tree button to click on and see all the inter-relationships? I spend too much time documenting that myself, lol.

I'd like to see the kids pick up the mushrooms on their own at least half the time, or something.

I'd like to be able to see which events I've had (not just how many) like I can see what puzzles I've solved.

Really wish nursing moms could do SOMETHING. we all know Moms in the real world work and have kids. Maybe they could at least be able to farm, or teach kids and have that acutally increase there skill, or perhaps they could still do work but achieve the skill slower than when not nursing.

#61207 - 03/02/07 06:35 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Lilas]
Myari Offline

I'd like to see an option that lets you decide whether the father or mother is the caretaker of the child for the first two years. I mean, the baby is already born, so it's just a matter of who holds it. I've been in several situations where a cute but lazy father gets a baby with a cute and industrious mother, and it's the female that has to sit out two years.

I'd like to see different shades of skin, too.

One more thing I'd like to see is a faster degrading of the huts, so the builders are actually repairing. It's goofy when ten builders are crowded around a perfectly good hut, checking it over and over. I also like the idea of a big storm (or even a lot of rain or a small tsunami) event that messes up things so the builders have something to work on.

Oh, and one MORE thing! I'd like to see doctors with ambition.

Page 5 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter