Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 165 < 1 2 3 4 ... 164 165 >
Topic Options
#60296 - 02/28/07 02:01 PM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: gissella]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Originally Posted By: gissella
Would be nice to have weather, rain, snow, etc.

I agree with rain but totally disagree with snow; this is suppose to be a tropical island.

#60306 - 02/28/07 02:21 PM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: Naruto Uzumaki]
Lythanda Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: vvking
but the med do all the work while the mothers only walk around with babys so the men do do all the work just not for the kids.

Do you really think caring for babies isn't WORK? Try it some time.
Windows XP Home SP2
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 512.0 MB
Realtek AC97 Audio

#60346 - 02/28/07 06:02 PM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: Jaruna]
Sandraasta Offline

I agree with all thats being said about fathers being involved in childcare. How's about having the villagers building a toilet (latrine) and a shower block. They must honk. It seems only the children pee.

#60361 - 02/28/07 06:41 PM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: Sandraasta]
Lisalyanne Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
I agree with the rain, the toilet (its just creepy that the adults don't go to the bathroom) and some way to bathe, and about fathers being involved in childcare. I also think we should have day and night and that doctors could do research at the hospital to gain doctor skills, much like the researchers do at the research table. Maybe construction could advance to allow for building docks and boats and allow for fishing from them. I think for the moms, since they are hard to get to elder, once they reach master parent could be labeled as "Matriarch" (even patriarch for the dads)or something like that. I also think more skill needs to be given to moms as they nurse.

Lisalyanne

#60428 - 02/28/07 10:23 PM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: Marty]
Andulamb Offline

I agree with Marty. To illustrate the problem...

I've never had a Master Parent before -- perhaps because I'm not insane and have never ordered a villager to do nothing but breed for their entire life. So when I discovered that elderly women could still "do it" despite not being able to conceive, it occurred to me that this was finally my chance to have a Master Parent.

And so I picked a young male and.... Well, you can see where this is going. Parenting is the one skill where villagers INSTANTLY see an increase in the skill when a given action is performed. In other words, if you drag one villager onto another, if they are happy with the coupling the instigator will immediately get a boost to their Parenting skill. And so, with a young male villager and an elderly female villager, a couple hundred couplings is all it takes for the male villager to become a Master Parent.

Now forget that this is sort of a... cheat -- to be fair, the skill boost should not come until the couple has emerged from the Love Shack. But aside from that, just think about what's happening. A male villager is becoming a MASTER PARENT just by mating. The male hasn't fathered a single child, yet he's a Master Parent. Craziness!

So yes, I think females should get a huge boost for having a child. How many children does it take currently for a female villager to become a Master Parent? One of my females has had maybe four or five kids, and she's still just Adept. How many kids does it take before you're a Master? And how many game years does it take to become a Master in another skill? Seems like they should be comparable.

Although frankly, we all know that it's not the number of kids that makes you a "master". Hmm. Here's an interesting concept. How about tying a villager's Parenting skill to the success of their children? Villagers get a small boost for coupling. A larger boost for having a baby. And then their Parenting skill increases as their children's skills increase. Hmm, I say.

Edited by LadyCFII (02/28/07 10:31 PM)

#60448 - 02/28/07 11:25 PM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: Jaruna]
McKittyKat55 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: America's Dairyland
I think in VV3 you should be able to buy hints for milestones and puzzles (THAT WOULD HELP ALOT!)! and you should be able to pick the gender for babies!

#60485 - 03/01/07 12:35 AM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: McKittyKat55]
Aszliah Danae Offline
Trainee

I have a master parent!

#63045 - 03/06/07 05:45 AM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: Aszliah Danae]
blue_koka Offline
Consigliere

This is suppose to be people that have lost most of thier tribe.
They wouldn't have places like we would in a normal situation.
And in those tropical islands women never heard of equality as far as duties go.
Most women take care of the children while the men work. They take care of the huts and see to it every thing runs smooth at home,so when the men get home they can relax.
It sounds rather shovanistic, but they never heard of womens lib.
Besides adding all those modern necessities wouldn't make them have to struggle to stay alive.
Tropical Islands have a lot of hurricanes and valcanic eruptions
and natural disasters such as those.
It is a very hot climate,no snow but lots of rain.
I would like to see darker people though. Most tropical Islanders are darker.
And I would like to see more work for the builders, such as a hurricane knocking down huts trees and such things like that.

#63070 - 03/06/07 07:42 AM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: blue_koka]
Berry Offline
Trainee

Loc: Australia
One thing that i think VV2 has is that you can still do a couple of things like make elders or change the villagers clothes,when you complete the puzzles. Maybe we could have a few more things to actively "do" with our little villagers, after we have completed the challenges? Because we are all so addicted to leading our little tribe, sometimes there is a feeling of "let down" when there is nothing left to do with them, except watch their cleverly created individual characteristics. It would help us to wait patiently for the next brilliant episode!!

#63084 - 03/06/07 08:20 AM Re: Suggestions for VV3 [Re: Berry]
Berry Offline
Trainee

Loc: Australia
Also, it would be useful to be able to find out who is sick more easily.

Page 2 of 165 < 1 2 3 4 ... 164 165 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter