Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 170 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#68290 - 04/02/07 02:43 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: kayjess]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: kayjess
I've heard that is can also grant life, and make every available women under 50 in your tribe have a baby...not sure if this is true or not but that is what I read on another post.
A few posters have reported villages that have been reduced to just a few women. That might be the solution to their problem! Is the gong capable of parthenogenesis, I wonder? ;\)

#68510 - 04/04/07 01:19 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: arnie]
penandkip Offline

So what happens when the gong grants luck? Mine has granted luck a few times, but I've not noticed anything happen? Should I look out for anything in particular?

#68511 - 04/04/07 01:29 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Pocahontas]
cutiedee Offline

so.. the point is.. is it useful or not to ring the gong?
heven't completed it yet.. but just wanna know.. and uh.. thanks so much for those who give the events and the clues to all puzzles..

#68514 - 04/04/07 01:59 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: cutiedee]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Quote:
is it useful or not to ring the gong?
That depends on your outlook, and the state of play in your game at the moment. On balance I've had slightly more good results than bad, but probably if we averaged it out over a lot more ringings it would turn out even. On that basis you could say that there's not really much point. In the short term, however, you could gain or lose; it's up to you if you want to take the risk.

#68534 - 04/04/07 03:26 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: arnie]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
I understand if you pull a villager in time to the ghost when the gong grants vision they'll learn some skill.

I had it today grant wisdom. And one day it "took youth" but I couldn't figure out who's youth it took. I always choose a really old member of the tribe to ring it so if it kills them it's no big loss as they're too slow to be of any good anyway.

www.jamisings.com

#68681 - 04/05/07 02:26 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Jami]
Parapet Offline

I have several villages that have been running a while now, so I ring the gong once every day. Effects I've seen (that I remember):
Grants Health
Grants Food (usually 500)
Grants Technology
Grants Life (all eligible women pregnant)
Grants Wisdom
Grants Vision
Grants Youth
Grants Luck
Takes Away Health
Takes Away Food (lost everything once, over a million food points)
Takes Away Technology (lost over 4 million tech points one time)
Takes Away Life (at least one dies)
Takes Away Wisdom
Takes Away Youth

There are more I think, but that's what I remember right now. For every good one there is an opposite negative one. More often I get the good, but when they're bad, they can be VERY bad, as opposed to when they're good, they only seem to be "okay"--nothing extraordinary. It would be nice to see some extraordinary good, that doubles tech points or food, for example, to match the severely negative ones.

What I find amusing is that every day when I first open VV2 up, all the villagers (except kids) are either in the ocean, looking out to sea, or in the pond, looking the other way. Usually divided about half and half. Are they amphibious? :-)

#68707 - 04/05/07 04:44 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Parapet]
cutiedee Offline

well,i have my gong to rang first time..
i'm afraid as i love my villagers so much.. (remember how hard to keep them alive..),but thanks god, it granted food..
my crops relive again.. hahaha..

#69849 - 04/16/07 03:23 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: cutiedee]
Annie Offline
Trainee

Loc: Illinois, USA
Well, we don't seem to be learning from history here. The writing on the wall clearly tells us that the tribe that left hid the gong pieces and fled.

I admit that I have also rang the gong, knowing that nothing good could come from it.

#69937 - 04/16/07 10:18 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Janice54]
Annie Offline
Trainee

Loc: Illinois, USA
When it gives health, no one gets sick or weakened. This is a problem, as I was weeding out my tribe so there would be less villagers. It seems the gong can read our minds!

OK, this is very temporary.

Edited by Annie (04/16/07 10:47 PM)

#70010 - 04/17/07 10:12 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Annie]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

There's nothing in the writing on the wall that says that the gong is good or bad, only that it was included in the artifacts to be destroyed.

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter