Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#62909 - 03/06/07 02:54 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Trunks]
keri Offline
Expert

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I rang the Gong and it granted me luck. 10 sec later I was invaided by Rats. 105 villagers and at least 1/2 got sick. Oh well, it didn't say good luck!

#63052 - 03/06/07 06:21 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Trunks]
blue_koka Offline
Consigliere

I do understand about the gong only working every 12 hours I think, maybe it is 24, but anyway I still get nothing.
The gong sounds all the villagers gather round and my master scientist stands there and it doesn't say anything.
I know where to look. It is right at the bottom where it says they have improved at whatever field they are in.
But still nothing gets taken away nor is anything ever gained.
I have rang the gong quite a few times, you would think by now my gong would have produced something.
This is my first game. Everything else works perfectly fine.
On my second game my little ones can't pick up beetles nor can they pick up butterflies.
I do know that some of the other that post say they have been having problems with the children getting stuck at the bottom screen where the pebbles are, that happens a lot. I know it happens to others so this is evidently a problem everyone has.
But I would like to be either rewarded or some thing happening when the gong sounds like everyone else. So what is my problem?

#63080 - 03/06/07 08:04 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Pocahontas]
Ldyma Offline

Took away health Mass epidemic! Sneezing coughing and dropping dead....Oh and mega turrets

#63602 - 03/07/07 09:49 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Ldyma]
Janice54 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Thomasville, GA
In my first game I got "takes food away" and I watched my food number very closely but nothing happened. The next day it was "takes health away" and about half my population got sick. In my second game, I got "gives food" and nothing happened. Next time I got "gives health" and if something happened I never realized it. It's all very mysterious. I should be able to ring it again tonight so we'll see what it says and what happens, if anything. The whole game is a matter of try and see what comes up....but that is what makes it so much fun.

#63845 - 03/08/07 07:57 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Janice54]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
I think on my easy and normal games it took technology and health. Today, however, it said "Gong grants vision" which I didn't understand. Then when I started to scan for things for the kids I went too far and saw the graveyard and apparently the spirit of one of the dead buried there was standing there. I tried to drag the gong-ringer over to see if he's do anything with the spirit but he just started "reflecting" and she vanished soon after.

www.jamisings.com

#64023 - 03/08/07 10:52 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: Jami]
kanona29 Offline

Wow....

I just rang the Gong and it took away life!

The Gong killed two of my villagers!!

On a more pleasant note, one time the Gong granted youth and one of my older villagers who was just about to become an esteemed elder turned back to 5 years old. He grew up all over again...but the good thing about it was that at the age of 14 he became an Esteemed Elder! lol

#64500 - 03/10/07 06:57 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: kanona29]
soraluna Offline
Trainee

I have rung the gong 6 times,
the first 3 were either food or health.
the next 3 were taking food and taking health.
Didnt kill anyone, just made them sick.
daughter thinks it runs in cycles of 3. will try
one more time tomorrow and if its bad, I wont ring
it again. lol.

#64539 - 03/10/07 04:22 PM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: kanona29]
bluejack Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: kanona29

On a more pleasant note, one time the Gong granted youth and one of my older villagers who was just about to become an esteemed elder turned back to 5 years old. He grew up all over again...but the good thing about it was that at the age of 14 he became an Esteemed Elder! lol

the same thing has happened to me twice now. both times they were just about to become Elders. the second one never got to become an Elder because by the time he was old enough to work again already had 50 Elders...also i've noticed that when you ring the gong and something bad happens like lost food or tech there is a greenish cloud that falls over the gong

#64697 - 03/11/07 04:29 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: kanona29]
VrtlVillagerFan Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Ah, I see I'm not the only one this has happened to. I had my 17 yr old female villager ring the gong just a few minutes ago and soon as she did that, she was decomposing, and I was about to teach her how to be a parent too doggonit!

#64727 - 03/11/07 06:56 AM Re: Ringing the gong [Re: VrtlVillagerFan]
Anaksuel Offline
Consigliere

Loc: High Desert
I rang the gong and it took food. Usually it takes about 500 or so. this time it took all my food! I had about 10 or 30 thousand.
\:\(

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter