Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#56246 - 02/21/07 12:41 AM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: eyeshigh]
DieNarrin Offline
Adviser

LOL

#56622 - 02/21/07 03:53 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: Carla]
mzcason Offline
Adviser

Loc: Orlando, FL
look at #14, 1044 hours is 44 days, the game has not been out that long. #24 had 392 babies in 3 hours. imagine that.

i know it's hard to filter out the phonies, but hopfully when the board is updated it will only show hard working gamers.

#56642 - 02/21/07 04:06 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: mzcason]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
24 is bogus. #14 could be a beta tester, thus the more hours. \:\) It will work its self out in time, and I don't think there will ever be a way to make everyone happy. \:\)

#56675 - 02/21/07 04:35 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
#14 could be a beta tester, thus the more hours
It's probably Arthur! \:D

#56702 - 02/21/07 05:04 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: arnie]
rubymom Offline

Loc: Texas via AZ and NM
The leaderboard reminds me of a race, where we start out equal and want to see our progress against other legitimate players, only to find a slippery bunch have jumped on the bus got to the finish line and are celebrating how well they did. Takes the fun out of that portion of the game. Makes me wonder what kind of people they are in the real world...

#56703 - 02/21/07 05:07 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: arnie]
Amanda1681 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Northern Michigan
I'm making a leaderboard of my own and here it is:

I WIN

#56705 - 02/21/07 05:12 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: Amanda1681]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Originally Posted By: Amanda1681
I'm making a leaderboard of my own and here it is:

I WIN

LOL. Can't argue with that!

#56726 - 02/21/07 05:48 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: rubymom]
sallyscof Offline

Loc: Hants, UK
Well said Rubymum! I love this game and have one elder after 3 days of playing....bit on the slow side I know, but am working towards getting more, wouldn't know how to time warp and dont want to know, its much more fun doing the thing properly.

#56742 - 02/21/07 06:14 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: rubymom]
jaysplaypen Offline

Loc: Sunny California
people it is ONLY a game, stop crying about the leaderboards. just play it how you are happy and stop whining about those that play the way that makes them happy. Do you all think your whining about it is going to change somebody's veiw that you have never met.

I use this board to look for help, and the constant whining about the stats is rediculious. I have a 7 year old that whines less.

#56744 - 02/21/07 06:16 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: sallyscof]
huskergolfer Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nebraska, US
This is just my opinion, and I will probably take alot of heat for it, but I have always enjoyed warm weather...:)

There are alot of games out there that are very competitive that require things be accomplished in a certain time, or score really matters as the sole purpose for playing the game. But to me, this game is different. I enjoy seeing my progress against LEGITIMATE PLAYERS, but that is NOT the reason I play the game. I play AGAINST THE GAME. VV and VV2 throws things at you that are challenging, and make you make decisions not always for the best of the score, but for the best of YOUR VILLAGE.

In VV1, I always had 3 games running (still do). Game 1 is all puzzles solved, all tech bought, and working on seeing how much food I could accumulate. Game 2 is all puzzles solved, all tech bought except level 3 Medicine, and seeing how many tech points I can accumulate. Game 3 is a test game and changes almost weekly. My most recent game is all puzzles solved, all tech bought except levels 2 & 3 of Medicine, and seeing if the fact that they die off sooner allows for more babies to be born in a certain period than the norm.

If I did the time warp [censored] and tried to compete with all the scores on the leaderboard, i'd have given up weeks or months ago. Time Warp [censored] with things on my computer that I NEED when i'm NOT PLAYING VV1. So that is not an option for me. However I will admit that I tried it once. My computer was messed up and needed to be formatted and reloaded, so I did a time warp game for 6 months in about 6 hours on VV1 to see what would happen. #1 it was no fun, because I didn't get to experience all the nuances of the game. #2 I almost lost all my villagers once because I forgot to train a parent before a clock set. It wasn't any fun, but I didn't expect it to be. I just wanted to try once to see what happened. In fact, my stats in my other games over the same period of time were better than my time warp game.

While I am long winded here, I would like to take this opportunity to tell the designers and beta testers at LDW what a wonderful job they have done on both of these games, and thank them for the many hours of enjoyment they have given me.

HG

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter