Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16
Topic Options
#73081 - 05/18/07 09:14 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: QuickStorm]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

IIRC, the rankings in the game are based on people who are activily playing (or have submitted stats in the last X days.)

The website Leaderboard (for FT, VV1 & VV2) are all players from the beginning of time (except for removal of cheaters.)

Therefore, people who have already gotten lucky* and achieved 51+ elders get on the board, but if they stop playing then they no longer count when the game checks the stats.

IMHO, reseting the website board each month would give people are are active a chance to get listed, even if for a short time. Those with better rankings would return when they play again.

But I remember reading that there were complaints (in FT or VV1?) when LDW tried that approach.

Originally I thought that ranking by Elders would be a good thing, since people actually had to play and manage their villagers to achieve a high number of Elders, but at the time I didn't know that there would be a limit of 50 per game (except for lucky* exceptions.)

*The only time that I've gotten an additional Elder because of the event, I was still under 50 total, so that didn't help my stats. Now I don't usually bother trying for 50, but just play the game and occasionally see if I want to make a new Elder.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#73097 - 05/19/07 12:25 AM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: sfrose]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Loc: Waltham, Mass. USA
If I am running my game at 2x speed, and I never pause it, How can my ranking get worse for hours played.
I can't see that being possible.
Any ideas?

#73098 - 05/19/07 12:27 AM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: ]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
hours played means real hours played, even when the game is on 1/2 speed or paused

people who had not updated in a while may have reopened a game and thrown the stats, or there could be cheaters time warping

the stats are based only on the people who have updated within x amount of time, so it can change from day to day, even dropping your rankings

#73684 - 05/24/07 06:11 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: eyeshigh]
DieNarrin Offline
Adviser

WOW really nice new leader board... of course it is super wonderful to see myself right up there!

#73781 - 05/26/07 12:15 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: DieNarrin]
st6596 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Does anybody "what" the event is that gives you an extra elder

#73790 - 05/26/07 02:16 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: st6596]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Loc: Waltham, Mass. USA
I think the new leader board looks great and yes it's nice to see my name but I was wondering if there was a way to see where you stand overall like an average of all your rankings.
I know people are ranked higher than me at some things since some concentrate on one thing. I'd like to consider myself a more complete player, ranking high in every category, so on an overall board I would rank higher.
Make sense?
Either way, great job and thanks.
Bill

Page 16 of 16 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter