Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#69710 - 04/15/07 02:38 AM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: oertels6]
Suze Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I took all my stat #'s and averaged em out. I would be ranked 153 if the leader board went that high. I guess I'll have to keep playing. Hopefully I'll get granted another elder or two so I can acually get on the board. Sad life when getting on the VV2 leaderboard is exciting \:D

#70537 - 04/23/07 01:51 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: oertels6]
Phantom_Flame Offline
Trainee

Last I checked, the top two leaders on the leaderboard have over 100 elders. One of them has had only 7 island events (thus needing no explaining of their status as a CHEAT!). The other has 189 elders and 130 island events. Even if all of those events were the one that grants an extra elder (not likely), they still would have 9 extra elders remaining unexplained. My diagnosis: CHEAT!

The people who run the forums really should set up the leaderboards so they can montior them and remove such obvious cheaters from the rankings.

#70581 - 04/23/07 07:41 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: Phantom_Flame]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
they do the best they can phantom

they have removed the cheaters from the board a couple of times not (at least)

unfortunately, the cheaters are really really determined

#70752 - 04/25/07 01:04 AM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: Phantom_Flame]
Pinkfish Offline
Expert

Loc: Liverpool
Originally Posted By: Phantom_Flame
Last I checked, the top two leaders on the leaderboard have over 100 elders. One of them has had only 7 island events (thus needing no explaining of their status as a CHEAT!). The other has 189 elders and 130 island events. Even if all of those events were the one that grants an extra elder (not likely), they still would have 9 extra elders remaining unexplained. My diagnosis: CHEAT!

The people who run the forums really should set up the leader boards so they can monitor them and remove such obvious cheaters from the rankings.
although I have NEVER done this , I think they way to get the island event multiple times is something to do with saving your game file, just before you get an event, if you dont want that event you put in your saved file and will get a new event, some peeps seem to have sussed this out...doesn't explain the person with 7 events listed, personally I dont like messing with the game files unless the game has a level editor!

#70759 - 04/25/07 02:10 AM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: Pinkfish]
Phantom_Flame Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Pinkfish
personally I dont like messing with the game files unless the game has a level editor!

Amen to that.

#71035 - 04/28/07 02:48 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: Lythanda]
AnthonyK Offline
Trainee

Loc: Northeast PA
Originally Posted By: Lythanda
Can't you throw out the time warpers?

I agree, I just looked at the leader board... it's quite interesting...

28190 Babies in 37 hours. I've heard of gettin busy.. but WHOA!

Some of the scores there seem quite impossible. I can see the issue with keeping it "clean" though. So many people feel the need to cheat to be on top.

Back in the day I used to play Dungeons & Dragons, and I was a GM. A buddy and I had a saying... You make a scenario that gives the players 10 ways out and only 10 ways out... someone WILL think of an eleventh way.

#71314 - 05/01/07 05:07 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: AnthonyK]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Loc: Waltham, Mass. USA
In VV2, how did that one person get more than 18 stews?

Is it possible?

#71317 - 05/01/07 05:24 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: ]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

hex editing...cheating

in a real game, it is not possible

#71320 - 05/01/07 06:02 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: eyeshigh]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

would it be somehow possible to ban certain player names so that their games do not constantly reappear on the leaderboards after the staff manually deletes them?

#71321 - 05/01/07 06:09 PM Re: Leaderboards are up! [Re: eyeshigh]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Or IP addresses... The problem with banning player names is that two different people can have the same player name. I know that once I saw another player with one of the names I use show up on the board, but I knew it wasn't me. AFAIK, there is no way to edit a player name without deleting game.

I agree with those that say that it gets frustrating with never being able to appear on the boards. (Once you get 50 Elders, you need to be really lucky to get the right event affect the right villager to get an additional Elder.) It may be better to reset the board each month. At least that way those who are active, but already have 50 Elders, have a chance of seeing their name.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

Page 13 of 16 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter