Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 172 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#54509 - 02/18/07 04:47 AM Re: Island Events?? [Re: kjlyttle]
Kasey323.ink Offline
Plant Tycoon Millionaire

Originally Posted By: kjlyttle
I finally got an island event!!! It's been 3 days and I don't time travel... strange. But at least I got one. Unfortuantely, I drank the liquid and lost a ton of skill (I am not positive, but I think she lost two skills completely and went from a Master Scientist to a Trainee) BUMMER!!!
K

3 days?? Sounds like you really need to check in on the villagers more often. \:\)

#54515 - 02/18/07 05:08 AM Re: Island Events?? [Re: tracy1872]
private0 Offline

I got a savage boy scratching his back with instrument. Choice was to scare him away or lure him with food. I chose lure him with food. He ate up 500 food, which happened to be more food than the tribe had, then joined the tribe.

I also got the pearl event, but I chose share it with tribe. A fight broke out over the pearl, resulting in the pearl being smashed and lost.

There are also more than one sack. One sack that was stained contained fire ants, which bit and killed the villager that opened the sack. Another sack that was mostly intact contained tools and mice, gain technology but made villagers sick. Another sack that was not stained but was ripped had only mice in it, making villagers sick.

I also got an annoying parrot, that startles the researchers, causing them to lose technology points.

I did 2 tribes, that's how I got so many events. My first tribe had 1 of the 2 adults eaten by fireants in the first hour, then the annoying parrot took away technology points so they couldnt get enough technology for the farming or engineering before the algae bloom happened. So I had to start over. Then I got the sack with mice and equipment, and the pearl event.

Edited by private0 (02/18/07 05:16 AM)

#54518 - 02/18/07 05:17 AM Re: Island Events?? [Re: Liatha]
Erimenes Offline

Originally Posted By: Liatha
I had a couple early on... one about the kids remembering something. I don't recall the other. But I also had some interesting ones... like a friendly parrot dropping nuts in my food bin (+500 food), one of my villagers finding a love note (and winding up an adept parent from the exchange of love notes), one of the infamous "vial of liquid" events... and a "special pearl" event that I can only think didn't have a happy resolution possible since I imagine "keep it for herself" would have resulted in her becoming a hermit and I know from experience that sharing it with the tribe resulted in an outbreak of greedy fighting that cost me 200 tech points.

Hey hey,
I had this before, and I told her to keep it, having had the same thing earlier about the table over-turning.
If you tell them to keep it, they get better at researching!
Which is strange, because that's why I originally told them to give it to the researchers, because in VV1, that would result in hermitism and possible muttering to oneself.
Which I seemed to have picked up since discovering this game!

#54524 - 02/18/07 05:39 AM Re: Island Events?? [Re: Kasey323.ink]
kjlyttle Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Charley323.ink
3 days?? Sounds like you really need to check in on the villagers more often. \:\)

HA, that's funny... My husband has threatened to throw the computer away I have been on this for 3 days solid \:\) With the exception of a few hours here and there!!

#54535 - 02/18/07 07:04 AM Re: Island Events?? [Re: kjlyttle]
Kathey Offline

So far I've had 3 events, though the stats list only 2. (Because I counted one as an event, but the game didn't.) They were the Silver Mirror, Blessing Day Celebration, and the children remembering that somehing had been buried. The last one wasn't counted in the game as an event as such, but I did.

Blessed be you.
Katherine.

#54546 - 02/18/07 08:18 AM Re: Island Events?? [Re: Kathey]
Morigale Offline
Trainee

Loc: Texas
I just had an event! Two MORE people fell down the waterfall to join us. Everyone did a little celebration, except me, because I'm worried about the food supplies. (Although I have nearly 900, so it's a silly worry.)

#54556 - 02/18/07 11:58 AM Re: Island Events?? [Re: Morigale]
Caidys Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I had another event this morning. Hole in the sand in the beach. I told my villager to investigate it. Apparently there was some kind of beast in there that tried to hurt my villager. He managed to get out but lost some health (although not much).

#54776 - 02/18/07 08:00 PM Re: Island Events?? [Re: Caidys]
Laura78 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Oklahoma
I have had the same one on two different villages. It is "The Prettiest Girl". One of the girls tries to find out if she is the prettiest girl on the island. If she says she is, she winds up having Work and Learning on her dislikes. If she says she isn't, then the other villagers like her and she gains skill in Parenting.

#54783 - 02/18/07 08:05 PM Re: Island Events?? [Re: Laura78]
lil_villager Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Hawaii
i had the event when one of my villagers felt like saying these 2 words, i chose one and something happened. then one of them, drank a green vial and had a mohawk, and i had little "B" come to visit me.

#54794 - 02/18/07 08:22 PM Re: Island Events?? [Re: lil_villager]
Shortkayke Offline

i got the one with the coconut, i chose not to hit him, he just forgot, but didn't lose anything.

I got the sack butlearned from the villageidiot not to open anything that wasn't tightly sealed. :-)

Got the looking glass or something like that, gave it to the scientists and got 3000 tech points :-) loved that one!!!

and i also got the one with the children remembering something or other.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter