Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#50681 - 02/07/07 05:56 PM Newsletter poll
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
We are planning to start sending out regular newsletters via email and would like to know what our community would prefer. The newsletters will probably be sent out once every month or two.

There are two parts to this poll. Please indicate your preference in both parts of the poll.
What format would you prefer for the newsletter?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 02/07/07 05:52 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
What should be included in the newsletter?
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 02/07/07 05:55 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#50699 - 02/07/07 07:36 PM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
I think the newsletter should be as inclusive as possible with all the different categories listed above. I do think publishing a newsletter on a monthly basis is over ambitious. I would try for 3-month intervals. Sure you might have a lot to write about now but will you have the same next month and every month thereafter. There might be times like right after releasing a new game and/or version of a previous game that you might want to send a newsletter.

Rather than have game reviews, what about links to game reviews at other sites?

Personally, I would like to see a column for LDW Personnel. We would be able to get to know you all a little better too. Of course, we don't want it to be too personal but just to know you a little better would be nice.

Whatever you all chose will be fine, I'm sure.

#50706 - 02/07/07 08:47 PM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: QuickStorm]
preacherswife Offline
Expert

Loc: The West side of the island wa...
a news letter would be a good idea. Sometimes I search for info on ldw and with my own newsletter in my mail I could find what I was looking for quicker.

#50776 - 02/08/07 03:47 AM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: preacherswife]
gamefanatic Offline
Adviser

Loc: Mumbai, India
I agree with both the above....newsletters should be informative and (dare I say?....exciting), so not too often. And, busy as you undoubtedly are, I wonder whether you would have the time to write monthly editions? Still, whatever you find feasible!

#50784 - 02/08/07 05:39 AM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: gamefanatic]
Magick Offline
Adviser

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I think the newsletter should include a little bit of everything. And like the above I think every couple of months would be fine!! It'll keep it more interesting. The other newsletters I receive once a month are a bit boring because it's like there is nothing new in a lot of them. It becomes monotonous. If you send it out every couple of months I think it will allow for more new information and keep readers interested.

#50799 - 02/08/07 09:27 AM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: Magick]
auntiekim Offline
Expert

Loc: chatteris,England
I would like all news, info etc and the game tips as long as there is a warning so we don't read the game tips if we don't want to!

#50848 - 02/08/07 03:57 PM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: auntiekim]
istara Offline
Consigliere

The newsletter should be brief, with links to longer articles. Also it would be great if you could do a "click here to view as web page" version. Mac users like me generally can't see html emails properly, which is why I voted for text. But it's also nice to be able to see the newsletter online, as a webpage.

#50851 - 02/08/07 04:12 PM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: auntiekim]
Dianthus Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Southern England
Originally Posted By: auntiekim
I would like all news, info etc and the game tips as long as there is a warning so we don't read the game tips if we don't want to!

Same here and there could be a link to a separate webpage so those like you who don't want to read game tips needn't do so unless you decide to do so :).

I agree with other posters that a newsletter every two months is enough. I signed up a few months ago for several computer and games newsletters. They come so often (some of them two or three times a week) that I don't have time to read them all and I'm seriously considering cancelling most of them.

Edited by Dianthus (02/08/07 04:17 PM)

#50889 - 02/08/07 06:32 PM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: Dianthus]
snortimer Offline

How do I get on your mailing list? I have signed up for the news letter but I never saw the survey thing. I haven't received anything since 1/1/07 when I registered and that was just a thanks for signing letter.

#50898 - 02/08/07 07:07 PM Re: Newsletter poll [Re: snortimer]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The newsletter hasn't been sent out yet. If you signed up for the newsletter, you will start receiving it once it starts up. \:\)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter