Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 196 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#4372 - 03/10/05 05:41 PM Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
MamaBear Offline

I am a newbie to Fish Tycoon and spent sometime digging through the posts in the forum. I thought it might be nice for other newbies to have a string that just had hints and suggestions. We can post questions in another area.

OK. So here is my tip. First, remember that these are fish and not race cars! It will take time, so don't rush it. Work on building your cash first, and do the upgrades or research on the food, environment and advertising. It will make the game play much easier.

I would love to see links to support site, spread sheet offers, helpful hints and such in this string.

#4373 - 03/11/05 03:34 PM Re: Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
BigAl Offline

Loc: California
Great idea MamaBear!

As we both admitted to in another thread, it's easy to go nuts when starting.

I recently started a new game and have had worked hard at being patient and build a good infrastructure before trying to breed every fish possible. Here's my tips:

* Start game with help on. Provides nice "pop up" messages when things happen.
* Don't buy anything when you start! Save your money.
* Try out a few breeds. One hint - breed a Spotanus with a Fruitfish and a Shark. These typically will produce something worthwhile to sell. Common early big-sellers are a Golden Goldbulb and a couple of different types of Leaffish.
* If you are lucky and end up with a magic fish early - breed this one like crazy - sells for a lot of $$
* Once you find the combinations that produce the big sellers - ONLY BREED THOSE FISH. Don't worry about cross breeding others for now.
* Some may question this - but buy Aeration System early. From my experience it keeps the water clean and you avoid early diseases.
* Key early purchase is Fish Environment. Keep breeding and selling until you upgrade Fish Environment and Food to highest levels.
* Don't be tempted to buy a bunch of stuff until all research is done. Level 3 Fish Environment is $1500 so make sure you have that much.
* Other things to buy when you have extra cash - heater, selling enhancements, Plant of Curing.
* To avoid the mistake I ran into of just going crazy - set the speed to Fast and turn off the device (or do something else) for a while. When you come back and have babies, breed the limited set again, sell the adults and turn it off again.

I've attached a screenshot of my status. As you can see I'm not too far into the game yet have earned quite a bit.

Good luck!

-al

Attachments
3821-Status.jpg (610 downloads)

#4374 - 03/11/05 06:30 PM Re: Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
BigAl Offline

Loc: California
Completely for this part. Buy the second tank soon after you start researching environment. This is going to help a lot as you build up your cash.

-al

#4375 - 03/11/05 06:48 PM Re: Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
MamaBear Offline

Hey Big Al, I could not have said it better!! I also bought the research first; environment, food, then advertising. I bought the aeration system and heater sometime while I was doing the early research. The second tank I bought very early and I bred only my money maker in that tank, and played in the other. I do use the For Sale tank for limited breeding but that can get dangerous.

To get my attention on something else while my fish grew, I started playing Plant Tycoon.

BTW, your screen shoot did not get posted.

Edited by MamaBear (03/11/05 06:53 PM)

#4376 - 03/13/05 10:29 AM Re: Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
MamaBear, Big Al's attachement was there. Look in the orange title bar of his message for the underlined word attachement, and click there. You should see the screen shot then

#4377 - 03/14/05 06:09 PM Re: Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
MamaBear Offline

Thanks, I had a little blind moment.

#4378 - 03/19/05 10:37 AM Re: Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
Brenda Offline
Master

Great post BigAl! And right on target. Almost sounds like a 12-step program for Fish Tycoon Anonymous. That fits though, considering how much time we spend with this game.

#4379 - 04/02/05 04:15 PM Re: Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
armysue Offline

I'm also a newbie with the game and I have quickly become obsessed with it. I have a couple of fish that I can't sell. I think that I have priced them too high. Is there a way to change the price of fish in the selling tank? Thanks.

#4380 - 04/05/05 03:20 PM Re: Hot Tips, Helps and Suggestions
Buttoneer Offline
Consigliere

Quote:

I'm also a newbie with the game and I have quickly become obsessed with it. I have a couple of fish that I can't sell. I think that I have priced them too high. Is there a way to change the price of fish in the selling tank? Thanks.

If I recall correctly you need to look at the fish when it is the main tanks (the one which shows parents) and then change the price there. There is a up/down feature but you can graffiti in your own selling price if you wish.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter